Apple's new MacBook employs unorthodox keyboard design to achieve maximum thinness

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 104
    Dude. Under no circumstance would Apple choose a typeface for any reason other than it's the best in its context of use. Just saying.
  • Reply 102 of 104
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

It's funny, if they made it $1399 — $100 more —  but included the adapter, I don't think it would have been an issue. It may have been too much in general, but that would be based on the other ridiculous comments about the processor being too slow for the cost, even though you're paying a lot for that low-voltage processor which I think is $300-380 on Intel's price sheets.

The cpus used in the 13" airs are also quite expensive, but it's likely that if this design takes off, it will become at least the basis for their next base model. I figured that the motivation for a cheaper macbook air was partly to offer a starting machine outside the US for no more than $1000.

• Reply 103 of 104
    b9botb9bot Posts: 238member

Not unorthodox, revolutionary new design. That scissor design has been in use for 10 plus years or more. It makes sense to change it and the new design makes the keys go down in a more up and down motion versus only one side going down. It's just a better design.

• Reply 104 of 104
    podboqpodboq Posts: 3member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by plankton View Post

I'd like to see the keyboard and trackpad from the new MacBook as external accessories too.

I'd buy the force trackpad immediately.

Absolutely!  Immediately.  Those of us on desktops shouldn't be kept out of the touch-feedback dimension native to our portables and handhelds.  I'm flipping out a little bit about the possibility of a new stand-alone keyboard with numpad based on the new Macbook's keyboard.  If they give us a Magic Taptic Pad, that'd be a nice icing on the cake.