Rumor: Apple's jumbo 'iPad Pro' allegedly shown in spy shots with potential second port

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member

Wow! These photos - if legit - give the impression that the Pro is a really chunky piece of kit. None the less I still want one!

• Reply 42 of 47
    herbivoreherbivore Posts: 132member
    I'm looking for the pro model. But if Apple is really just overclocking the A8X or putting in faster RAM, I'll just wait for the A9 model. The iPad Air 2 is good enough. Having another display would be nice, but not compelling enough for me to purchase the device. When Samsung is shipping the 14 nm Exynos right now, anything less than the A9 won't be enough for me.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RoundaboutNow View Post

I have yet to see a stylus on a tablet (or whiteboard) that doesn't have that slight lag from the tip to the line generated under it.

I use my iPad all the time for notes and looking up info, and even occasional sketching, but I usually sketch block diagrams or other technical layouts on paper (before creating formal CAD submittals). I tried a couple of the conductive tip styluses on the iPad, and was not impressed. Granted, these were cheaper models, and while I have not tried the more expensive options out there, I don't see how the existing technology can avoid this lag.

I guess the lag is something that many people get used to, but if there was a way that an "iPad Pro" (or any iPad for that matter) were created with the tech necessary to work with a stylus that has the same immediacy as pen/pencil on paper, I think it would be very popular.

I would love the Pro to have a digitiser on the screen to account for lag and accuracy. In fact, if the Pro does turn out to be a reality this year, for me it will be the Apple product of the year, even though I am really excited about the Apple Watch.

P.S. Hope you are feeling better now. Someone has quoted you!

hah! Thanks for your quote, but here is the back story:

It was SolipsismX that had me quoted for a long time in his signature area. I still stand by that initial quote I made well before the iPhone 6: "There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screens." I was hoping for a smaller full-featured phone. (Somewhat ironically, I now own a 6).

Anyway, when X became Y, my quote dropped off, but once I expressed my sadness on the loss, I ended up being quoted for that. I regained my immortal status! (But now it is gone again :(. It was a good run though, and the new Y signature line has a useful warning that we should all abide by).

• Reply 44 of 47

I have yet to see a stylus on a tablet (or whiteboard) that doesn't have that slight lag from the tip to the line generated under it.

I use my iPad all the time for notes and looking up info, and even occasional sketching, but I usually sketch block diagrams or other technical layouts on paper (before creating formal CAD submittals). I tried a couple of the conductive tip styluses on the iPad, and was not impressed. Granted, these were cheaper models, and while I have not tried the more expensive options out there, I don't see how the existing technology can avoid this lag.

I guess the lag is something that many people get used to, but if there was a way that an "iPad Pro" (or any iPad for that matter) were created with the tech necessary to work with a stylus that has the same immediacy as pen/pencil on paper, I think it would be very popular.

I would love the Pro to have a digitiser on the screen to account for lag and accuracy. In fact, if the Pro does turn out to be a reality this year, for me it will be the Apple product of the year, even though I am really excited about the Apple Watch.

P.S. Hope you are feeling better now. Someone has quoted you!

It was SolipsismX that had me quoted for a long time in his signature area. I still stand by that initial quote I made well before the iPhone 6: "There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screens." I was hoping for a smaller full-featured phone. (Somewhat ironically, I now own a 6).

Anyway, when X became Y, my quote dropped off, but once I expressed my sadness on the loss, I ended up being quoted for that. I regained my immortal status! (But now it is gone again :( . It was a good run though, and the new Y signature line has a useful warning that we should all abide by).

Nice post.

And it's round about now that I’ll say goodnight.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member

Anyway, when X became Y, my quote dropped off, but once I expressed my sadness on the loss, I ended up being quoted for that. I regained my immortal status! (But now it is gone again :( . It was a good run though, and the new Y signature line has a useful warning that we should all abide by).

Thanks for the explanation for that hilarious quote. And now the final irony is that you've been quoted by the one most deserving of never being quoted: BF. Maybe he'll have some sort of semiotic seizure during the night and awake lacking the ability to troll another word.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    flaneur wrote: »

Thanks for the explanation for that hilarious quote. And now the final irony is that you've been quoted by the one most deserving of never being quoted: BF. Maybe he'll have some sort of semiotic seizure during the night and awake lacking the ability to troll another word.

What do you call a Chinese Apple lover?

An Apple flan.