HBO Now streaming subscription channel launches on Apple TV, iOS App Store

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    dimmokdimmok Posts: 359member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUnfetteredMind View Post

Where did you see that posted specifically? In that case, all their "30 days free" blurb is not correct. It was released today, even if you're able to sign up today, you wouldn't get 30 days by the end of April.

The article says "Through the exclusive window, HBO Now will be free for subscribers for the month of April."

• Reply 22 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DimMok View Post

The article says "Through the exclusive window, HBO Now will be free for subscribers for the month of April."

Apple's info indicates something different:

https://www.apple.com/appletv/hbo-now/

Quote:

Sign up on your Apple TV, iPad, or iPhone before April 30, 2015, and get the first month free.

So assuming this is accurate (and perhaps the article writer was incorrect in what they wrote), then it would be best to sign up for the free month towards the end of April :)

Episode air dates:

4/12

4/19

4/26

5/3

5/10

5/17

5/24

• Reply 23 of 32
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sflagel View Post

Too bad. It seems iTunes and Netflix can be used with a US iTunes account, even if watching it on an Apple TV in the UK. We use it when my brother comes over from the US.

I'm not 100% certain. It really depends on if HBO is checking origins of your IP address. I'm sure it's quite possible they don't and it would work. You really won't know until you try. I've tried HBO Go while traveling abroad and it wouldn't work. 

• Reply 24 of 32
    snoursesnourse Posts: 4member

Once signed up on an IOS device you setup an HBONow account with an email and password- with that you can login to HBONow.com and watch shows via a browser, much like HBO Go.   Viewing uses Flash Player on a browser.  Works on Windows or Mac.

• Reply 25 of 32
    kent909kent909 Posts: 731member

Since this is currently an Apple TV exclusive, am I correct that you are billed through your iTunes account?

• Reply 26 of 32
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kent909 View Post

Since this is currently an Apple TV exclusive, am I correct that you are billed through your iTunes account?

Yup. Just download the app in iTunes and setting up everything through it.

• Reply 27 of 32
    cutykamucutykamu Posts: 229member
    @ sflagel
    You can also use unlocator service which I'm using right now and can watch HBO now, wwe, star sports and around 200 channels list they have.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kent909 View Post

I hope so.

I like HBO Now so far but if I start getting bills from HBO I am dumping it.

Don't want to be getting bills from 2 dozen content providers.

Time will tell.

• Reply 29 of 32
    sflagelsflagel Posts: 805member
    kent909 wrote: »

Yes. You sign up on your Apple TV using your iTunes account. It's all very easy and painless.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member

@sflagel or anyone who's interested, dns4me just mailed me that they're supporting HBO NOW. It's only AUD $9.00 for 3 months. I'll try it tonight. Just want to give you guys head up.

• Reply 31 of 32
    I'm not in U.S. I use some US services through a VPN, Recently the VPN service added support for the new HBO Now. This is the thing. I have an US Itunes account but it has no credit card associated since I don't live there, if I add some Gift Card to the account will I be able to pay the HBO subscription using this credit?
  • Reply 32 of 32
    Great article! :) For those who live outside US like me, you can access Netflix, Hulu and similar media stations on your Apple TV by using UnoTelly or similar tools.