Apple Store goes down ahead of Apple Watch preorders

Comments

• Reply 21 of 48

UK iOS Store app came back to life at about 8.03am. 

Two orders - one for me, one for someone special - successfully placed.

Now for the wait to see what the delivery date will be!

• Reply 22 of 48

Still down; refreshed starting 12:00 AM PST.  Now 12:10 AM PST.

Update: came online (US) at 12:11 AM PST.  Got my order in (two Space Gray sport with Black sport band; one 38mm; one 42mm).  Both marked as "Delivers: May 13 to May 27".

• Reply 23 of 48
    oberpongooberpongo Posts: 182member
    4-6 weeks. May 12-25th!!!!!
  • Reply 24 of 48
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    Got my order in. At 3:08am ET, for a 38mm Sport with White band. Delivery between 4/24 and 05/08. Pretty big delivery window they gave themselves.
  • Reply 25 of 48
    konqerrorkonqerror Posts: 685member
    App is up... and now order status is down.
  • Reply 26 of 48
    prokipprokip Posts: 178member
    Got through to on-line Apple Store by 5:02 PM Australia (USA 12:02AM). Completed order for 42mm Space Grey Apple Watch Sport by 5:04PM. Apple Order confirmation by 5:08PM.

BUT !!! Order shows "Shipment 1 Delivers: 24/4-8/5 by Standard Shipping"

Angela... what gives??? Where we not to have shipped product by 24 April? What is the 8 May reference all about?
  • Reply 27 of 48
    Order complete, 2 sport. One delivers by apr 24 - may8 (38 x silver & white). Other ships in 4-6 (42 x gray & black)... :/
  • Reply 28 of 48

Already ordered, 42mm Space Gray!!!

• Reply 29 of 48
    jm6032jm6032 Posts: 147member
    Ordered. 42mm Apple Watch, Milanese loop, delivery 4/24-5/8.
  • Reply 30 of 48
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    oberpongo wrote: »
    4-6 weeks. May 12-25th!!!!!

Which model did you order?
  • Reply 31 of 48

Apple Watch 42mm with black leather loop order via the iOS App Store – which was operational before the on-line store. 4-6 Week delivery time.

• Reply 32 of 48
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,958member
    Thank god for the iOS Apple Store. Bought my watch on my iPad while the Store on my iMac was still showing the be back soon screen. Same thing happened last year when I bought my iPhone 6. Too much computer traffic, or by design to encourage iOS use?
  • Reply 33 of 48
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member

Looks like every watch is 4-6 weeks now. Luckily I was able to order one with April 24 delivery. 

• Reply 34 of 48
    prokipprokip Posts: 178member

Got through to on-line Apple Store by 5:02 PM Australia (USA 12:02AM).  Completed order for 42mm Space Grey Apple Watch Sport by 5:04PM.  Apple Order confirmation by 5:08PM.

BUT !!! Order shows "Shipment 1 Delivers: 24/4-8/5 by Standard Shipping"

Angela... what gives???  Where we not to have shipped product by 24 April? What is the 8 May reference all about?

• Reply 35 of 48
    siretmansiretman Posts: 117member
    What......?! Says Black/Black 'Available to Ship: June'?

What the.....
    That is what I also got for the 42 mm black/black. I cannot believe it. I was at the Apple Store at 12:04 waiting before it opened and first they gave May 13-27 and I was going to do store pickups but it was disabled. What is going on? When I hesitated because I will be in Europe for some of that time, the shipping went to June. This is either fantastic news for Apple as sales rocket or their supples are very low. I decided to pull the trigger and buy and hope it does come after my Europe trip. I bought for my wife the 38mm stainless steel silver/silver with link bracelet. Her shipping time was May 13-27. I decided to just go ahead and buy and we will see if we'll be home when it delivers.
  • Reply 36 of 48

Sport--42mm space gray delivers in June!!!

• Reply 37 of 48
    Got my order in. At 1:06 am Mtn, for a 42mm Sport with green band. Delivery between 4/24 and 05/08. Was listening to iTunes Radio while waiting for the Apple Store app to open. It stopped streaming at 1:01.
  • Reply 38 of 48
    Got my order in. At 1:06 am Mtn, for a 42mm Sport with green band. Delivery between 4/24 and 05/08. Was listening to iTunes Radio while waiting for the Apple Store app to open. It stopped streaming at 1:01.
    Delivery Receipt includes $49 for Apple Care. Must have hit that button by accident. If I change the order to remove Apple Care will I lose my place in the Que?
  • Reply 39 of 48

So that's the reason they should have informed us...but they bring some exciting stuff...then its worth waiting

• Reply 40 of 48
    redefilerredefiler Posts: 323member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by siretman View Post

That is what I also got for the 42 mm black/black. I cannot believe it. I was at the Apple Store at 12:04 waiting before it opened and first they gave May 13-27 and I was going to do store pickups but it was disabled. What is going on? When I hesitated because I will be in Europe for some of that time, the shipping went to June. This is either fantastic news for Apple as sales rocket or their supples are very low. I decided to pull the trigger and buy and hope it does come after my Europe trip. I bought for my wife the 38mm stainless steel silver/silver with link bracelet. Her shipping time was May 13-27. I decided to just go ahead and buy and we will see if we'll be home when it delivers.

Same, but got in maybe a minute earlier.  It was May for a second but by the time I put in the cc security code, it had already changed to June.