Roommates stab each other with beer bottles in iPhone vs. Android dispute

Comments

• Reply 41 of 101
    esoomesoom Posts: 155member

Just a heads up, this is all BS, they're both undocumented and were really fighting over other issues, that's just what they told the police.

• Reply 42 of 101
    pigybankpigybank Posts: 178member
    There should be an app for that.
  • Reply 43 of 101
    pigybankpigybank Posts: 178member
    freerange wrote: »
    Isn't there an app for that?

Damnit. I posted the same thing and then read your comment. :-(
  • Reply 44 of 101
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that alcohol abuse was behind the violence, much more than whatever topic was at hand to argue over.

I've heard of people getting violent over SPORTS--which have zero effect on you, unlike your pocket computing device. If people can get worked up over a topic that trivial, they can get worked up over anything. Add legal drugs abuse and a personality clash and watch the fireworks.
  • Reply 45 of 101
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    nagromme wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that alcohol abuse was behind the violence, much more than whatever topic was at hand to argue over.

I've heard of people getting violent over SPORTS--which have zero effect on you, unlike your pocket computing device. If people can get worked up over a topic that trivial, they can get worked up over anything. Add legal drugs abuse and a personality clash and watch the fireworks.

Totally agree
  • Reply 46 of 101
    Idiots
  • Reply 47 of 101
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

I thought only nerds argued about the relative superiority of different operating systems, but I don't think they were nerds if they stabbed each other with broken beer bottles. Nerds would throw math textbooks and thumbdrives at each other :)

• Reply 48 of 101
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member
    I notice that the phones were not used as weapons. Would it have made a difference if in was the glass and metal S6.
  • Reply 49 of 101

I bet the iPhone user broke his bottle first, and then the Android user copied him.

• Reply 50 of 101
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    Just wondering if anyone's seen Apple II or Slurpy around lately?

Also without a doubt the Fandroid started it!:smokey:
  • Reply 51 of 101
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    wurm5150 wrote: »
    Did you hear the recent This Week in Tech podcast? Leo Laporte said "if aliens ever visited Earth and you showed them an iPhone and an high-end Android phone they would say that the Android phone is clearly superior". He also said that the "iPhone is so constipated it's unbelievable!". I think he's referring to the restricted customisation options for the home screen. The fact that an iPhone is stuck with a grid of icons that cannot be populated with widgets, and other user configurable options is a disadvantage in my opinion.

Having said that, I remain an iPhone user and recently bought a 6 after looking at the Android alternatives. I do hope Apple decides to open up the home screen much more in future versions.
  • Reply 52 of 101
    mobius wrote: »
    Did you hear the recent This Week in Tech podcast? Leo Laporte said "if aliens ever visited Earth and you showed them an iPhone and an high-end Android phone they would say that the Android phone is clearly superior". He also said that the "iPhone is so constipated it's unbelievable!". I think he's referring to the restricted customisation options for the home screen. The fact that an iPhone is stuck with a grid of icons that cannot be populated with widgets, and other user configurable options is a disadvantage in my opinion.

Having said that, I remain an iPhone user and recently bought a 6 after looking at the Android alternatives. I do hope Apple decides to open up the home screen much more in future versions.

Yeah.... I heard Leo say that.

It's such a simple addition too... you'd think Apple would allow widgets on the homescreen if nothing else but to shut up the detractors.

There must be some reason why Apple is so against it.

I mean... Google has always allowed widgets on the homescreen... while Apple has never allowed widgets on the homescreen.

It just seems so weird that two companies can have such a disparity over this one feature.

Apple keeps all your icons out in the open... while Google keeps them in the app drawer and then you can select which ones to put in the homescreen along with actionable widgets.

But oh well... I like the many other things about the iPhone and will continue to use them for the foreseeable future.

"Widgets" vs "No Widgets" isn't that big of a deal to me.
  • Reply 53 of 101
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pigybank View Post

There should be an app for that.

There is a secret Google spyware App on the android.

Google has this fight on permanent record !

• Reply 54 of 101
    virtuavirtua Posts: 209member
    Do you think they were really playing the new mortal kombat game and the press decided to be creative?
  • Reply 55 of 101
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iaeen View Post

So, who won?

That's what I want to know. lol

• Reply 56 of 101
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

So that's what BF has been up to since being banned. We knew he was a closet Android user.

Hmmm.... the article mentions nothing that it took place in a basement bedroom.  Are you certain it's BF??  :)

...and no clue as to which of the guy's mother lives on the main floor...

• Reply 57 of 101
    brlawyerbrlawyer Posts: 828member

Wasn't one of them "Slurpy" by any chance?

• Reply 58 of 101
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Fighting over phones? What a ridiculous concept. Everyone knows iPhone is better anyway.
  • Reply 59 of 101
    As we all know, it was the Android fan who started the fight and the Apple fan was simply defending himself. Android fans seem to have a violent hatred towards Apple and I'm just not sure why. It can't be old fashioned American patriotism since most Android phones are from Chinese companies, which makes this even more curious. One would think, in America at least, that there would be greater support for the home team, but that just isn't the case.

The hatred has been around since it was Apple vs Microsoft when Microsoft dominated the market, even if unfairly and not because of having the superior product. I think there is something some people have against creative companies or companies that go against the tide, although at this point Apple is more like Microsoft was at the time, the leader in some regards.
  • Reply 60 of 101

"iPhone owners will often claim features such as a smoother interface, better-integrated features and higher build quality..."

... and security... don't forget security... and Apple doesn't make money by selling YOU... 

Those are two of my strongest points that never get argument.