Independent Nokia Technologies aiming to return to phone market - report

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    tmay wrote: »
    "Information we share
    We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Google unless one of the following circumstances applies:

With Your Consent

We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Google when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information[.

With domain administrators
    If your Google Account is managed for you by a domain administrator (for example, for Google Apps users) then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your Google Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
    view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
    [*] change your account password.
    [*] suspend or terminate your account access.
    [*] access or retain information stored as part of your account.
    [*] receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, <a href="http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/example/legal-process.html" id="user_legal-process" style="background-position:0% 100%;border-bottom-color:rgb(34,34,187);border-bottom-style:dashed;border-bottom-width:1px;color:rgb(68,68,102);padding-bottom:0px;" target="_blank" name="user_legal-process">legal process or enforceable governmental request</a>
    [*] restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
    Please refer to your domain administrator’s privacy policy for more information.

For external processing
    We provide personal information to our affiliates or other trusted businesses or persons to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with our Privacy Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.

For legal reasons
    We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Google if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
    [*] enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
    [*] detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
    [*] protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Google, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.

We may share aggregated non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.

If Google is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, we will continue to ensure the confidentiality of any personal information and give affected users notice before personal information is transferred or becomes subject to a different privacy policy.

Why does "share" seem like such a weasel word?
    Is that significantly different than this:

"In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Apple website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.

...or this?"

Disclosure to Third Parties
    At times Apple may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Apple to provide products and services, or that help Apple market to customers. For example, when you purchase and activate your iPhone, you authorize Apple and your carrier to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by Apple and your carrier’s respective privacy policies. Personal information will only be shared by Apple to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.

Service Providers
    Apple shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Apple operates.

Or this:

Others
    It may be necessary ? by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence ? for Apple to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.

We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.

Be honest.
  • Reply 42 of 53
    revenantrevenant Posts: 621member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    How's Samsung doing lately?

Thanks for missing the point, and their profits are set to rise as they have 20 million preorders and expect to break 70 million sold. They are doing ok.

Point was they have yet to pay their fine, just keep making money.
  • Reply 43 of 53
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,341member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Is that significantly different than this:

"In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Apple website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.

...or this?"

Disclosure to Third Parties

At times Apple may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Apple to provide products and services, or that help Apple market to customers. For example, when you purchase and activate your iPhone, you authorize Apple and your carrier to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by Apple and your carrier’s respective privacy policies. Personal information will only be shared by Apple to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.

Service Providers

Apple shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Apple operates.

Or this:

Others

It may be necessary ? by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence ? for Apple to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.

We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.

Be honest.

One of the companies makes the bulk of its income from advertising; the other from sales of hardware.

I don't see much difference at all.

• Reply 44 of 53
    tmay wrote: »
    One of the companies makes the bulk of its income from advertising; the other from sales of hardware.

I don't see much difference at all.
    ah, way to dodge and weave sir. :D
  • Reply 45 of 53
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,341member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

ah, way to dodge and weave sir. image

I learned that from Google: "Don't be evil, but if you are, don't get caught, and if you do get caught, pave it over with massive PR and lobbying, all the while blaming your competitors".

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/04/19/wolff-google-eu-antitrust/25930555/

"The day after EU regulators charged Google with massive antitrust violations, The New York Times carried a front-page story that said the campaign against Google in Europe was being substantially financed by Microsoft.

Putting aside the fact that this is at least partly true, it is, as well, the story being shopped by Google executives and PR staffers: It's us against the bad people who want to pull us down."

• Reply 46 of 53
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    revenant wrote: »
    Thanks for missing the point, and their profits are set to rise as they have 20 million preorders and expect to break 70 million sold. They are doing ok.

Point was they have yet to pay their fine, just keep making money.

Do you have a link that has solid numbers for pre-orders? All I've seen are rumored numbers. Btw your point was that copying Apple was the way to go.
  • Reply 47 of 53
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Do you have a link that has solid numbers for pre-orders? All I've seen are rumored numbers. Btw your point was that copying Apple was the way to go.
    FWIW
    http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2015/04/133_177158.html
  • Reply 48 of 53
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

http://www.dailytech.com/After+RecordSetting+Week+Samsung+Predicts+70+Million+GS6GS6+Edge+Sales/article37311.htm

feel free to do a little work. and my point was not that it was they way to go, my point was it comes with little consequences. i actually even typed that. 

• Reply 49 of 53
    http://www.dailytech.com/After+RecordSetting+Week+Samsung+Predicts+70+Million+GS6GS6+Edge+Sales/article37311.htm

feel free to do a little work. and my point was not that it was they way to go, my point was it comes with little consequences. i actually even typed that. 

You implied that there's no other way to go other than to copy Apple.
  • Reply 50 of 53
    Quote:

You implied that there's no other way to go other than to copy Apple.

"well, something has got to work. and we all learned that copying apple comes with little to no consequences. (i am not saying that their phones are copying- just saying that it is apparently a safe road to travel if they want to make their own phones again)."

i implied nothing of the sort, however, i cannot impede your efforts to infer what you will. there are many roads to success, i merely mentioned one that came with little consequence (due to the 'honourable' judge cote).

• Reply 51 of 53
    "well, something has got to work. and we all learned that copying apple comes with little to no consequences. (i am not saying that their phones are copying- just saying that it is apparently a safe road to travel if they want to make their own phones again)."

i implied nothing of the sort, however, i cannot impede your efforts to infer what you will. there are many roads to success, i merely mentioned one that came with little consequence (due to the 'honourable' judge cote).

"well something has to work" means nothing else has worked. Since what Apple has done has worked then copying them would work especially since it come with "little consequences".
  • Reply 52 of 53
    Quote:

"well something has to work" means nothing else has worked. Since what Apple has done has worked then copying them would work especially since it come with "little consequences".

yes ... something ... not one thing. copying apple is one way. they could try their own platform, hop on the android bandwagon, slap some windows on it, be a big feature phone, predict a feature no one else has; sky is the limit.

geez, you are like the little train that couldn't.

• Reply 53 of 53

yes ... something ... not one thing. copying apple is one way. they could try their own platform, hop on the android bandwagon, slap some windows on it, be a big feature phone, predict a feature no one else has; sky is the limit.

geez, you are like the little train that couldn't.

Everything you mentioned is the list of things that haven't worked.