Apple Watch rollout delayed by defective Taptic Engine vibrator

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 73
    brlawyerbrlawyer Posts: 828member

Shall I comment on this unsurprising news or am I supposed to remain quiet in this thread? Please let me know ;)

• Reply 62 of 73
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xixo View Post

it's not blender compatible either

I love Blendtec, but all their idevice tests are stupid.

• Reply 63 of 73
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

He'll get his wish as the stock is down over 2% this morning. Amazing how the week Apple reports a great quarter the stock will probably be down close to 5%.

Down some more so I can buy another 100 shares. I have my money ready and wait for $125 price.

• Reply 64 of 73
    stevenozstevenoz Posts: 314member

This is a welcome buying opportunity for AAPL. It's not the time to sell.

Will Tim Cook fix the supply chain? Oh yeah.

• Reply 65 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joshuarayer View Post

Congrats on bragging that you have more money than sense

Sense or not, you will see. So far, the Wall Street bash has made me 30% richer in my portfolio especially AAPL. Talking about sense, do you even own a share of AAPL? Probably not.

• Reply 66 of 73
    lukeilukei Posts: 379member
    haar wrote: »
    Wow!... nidec the king of Fans...( industrial fans) i remember nidec from 20 years ago, their fans are "bomb proof" except noisy (of course, a fan's job is not to just move air, but to cool!... So sound is secondary)

BTW, AAC technologies is Dead... they certainly have earned some bad ju-ju. with F'ing up the taptic sensor..

WHEN all is said and done ALWAYS have Two sources for every part (golden rule for manufacturing ) )

In high volume low mix manufacturing yes. In low volume, high mix not always a Golden Rule
  • Reply 67 of 73
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    I'm still sticking with my prediction that the Apple watch will be a tough sell. Beyond early adopters, I don't see the general public NEEDING this device.
  • Reply 68 of 73
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

Shall I comment on this unsurprising news or am I supposed to remain quiet in this thread? Please let me know ;)

Remain quiet.

• Reply 69 of 73
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

What are ya gonna do? The WSJ is full of click baiting a-holes, then every web site and their grandma is eager to shovel dirt on Apple's grave. No matter the level of deception or story fabrication.

AppleInsider does the same thing by posting this story.  So what is your problem?  This is a confirmed fact about the Apple Watch and its defective production of the taptic engine.  Best comment here is the guy returning two of them because he realized they were not worth the money.

• Reply 70 of 73
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by satchmo View Post

I'm still sticking with my prediction that the Apple watch will be a tough sell. Beyond early adopters, I don't see the general public NEEDING this device.

You are correct.  No one needs a duplicate device to carry around, or wear, especially one that cannot even last one day on its battery.  No one wants to recharge their watch every day.  The general public already nixed the other smart watches too.  I see many with Android phones, but none of them have the matching watch for that product.  And those have been available for quite some time.  My favorite was the tech reporter who bought the Xbox One by mistake when trying to use the ridiculously small Amazon app.

• Reply 71 of 73
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    The catch is that the launch in question was going to be last fall. Delaying the launch.

Or you know, it's totally bs
  • Reply 72 of 73
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    Some Deliveries appear to be ahead of time now! My 38 mm space grey sports, which seems to be a very popular choice, was scheduled 12 - 26 May. Last night I received notification of dispatch and it arrived this morning 1 May. Impressive.