Apple efforts to end free streaming music on Spotify, YouTube spur DOJ inquiry - report

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    chelinchelin Posts: 110member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Yojimbo007 View Post

Better for tge artists.. Who already make next to nothing from these streaming services '

Well that isn't the streaming services fault. It is the labels which have contracted to take the lion share of the billions of dollars which they get every year. 

Small artists have poor leverage against these and hence earns little per play. 

• Reply 42 of 47
    salmanpaksalmanpak Posts: 35member

Thank goodness Apple is there to make sure I'm paying more for music. God forbid that the record companies fail to extract the maximum amount of money they can. You'd think they'd learn from trying to rig e-book prices.

• Reply 43 of 47
    deewindeewin Posts: 34member
    I love my apple products but they aren't a perfect company just like all the others you are putting the blame on instead. This whole this is a non issue because people should be more focused on more important things like xyz is stupid and Apple needs to be punished if they are trying to conspire with the other labels to limit the competition, period.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    nightskynightsky Posts: 43member
    Forcing Spotify and YouTube to remove their free music streaming would create a lot of anger towards Apple from the millions of people who use those services. It would be a PR disaster. I hope this is not true.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

The Vox Empire of Slime will always oblige with a hitpiece on anyone except Microsoft or Googs.

Just faithfully carrying out the orders of their (paid advertising) masters.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    In an update to the story it's reported that it's actually the FTC taking the lead on the investigation, tho the DoJ also is involved.

EDIT: Don't know how it escaped notice before now but the initial reports of US regulators looking at Apple's business practices date back to at least April 7th. In addition the New York state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has opened his own investigation with subpoena's already delivered for pertinent documents and agreements.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

In an update to the story it's reported that it's actually the FTC taking the lead on the investigation, tho the DoJ also is involved.

EDIT: Don't know how it escaped notice before now but the initial reports of US regulators looking at Apple's business practices date back to at least April 7th. In addition the New York state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has opened his own investigation with subpoena's already delivered for pertinent documents and agreements.

Odds are good that a "fishing expedition" is well underway.