FileMaker 14 brings feature, speed improvements across Mac, iOS & Windows

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 61
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by the cool gut View Post

It's not.  It's for companies that can't afford anything else.  Companies usually start in FileMaker, but quickly outgrow it, and are lucky if they can ever migrate off of it, as it becomes to entwined in their business.  I've seen it happen lots of times.  What about it is Enterprise level?  If you have a server crash, and people are using it - you have data corruption.  Guaranteed.   How can more than one developer work on it, you can't put it in a repository.   Can you roll back changes if there's a problem? Nope.  There is nothing Enterprise about it at all.  

Filemaker Pro is priced similar to Final Cut Pro, and that's probably about right. It's always had a prosumer feel to it.

I use it personally for contacts and invoicing. The fact that you can't build a good sales management system with it has always bothered me.

I don't work with it at the Enterprise level. Your criticisms certainly seem valid.

Hopefully, since they're now trying to cash in on multiple user subscriptions, they'll address these weaknesses.