First 'Steve Jobs' teaser trailer shows Michael Fassbender as late tech guru

Posted:
in General Discussion edited May 2015
Universal Studios released the first teaser trailer for Danny Boyle's highly anticipated Steve Jobs biopic on Sunday, offering a glimpse at what to expect from the film and Michael Fassbender, who plays the late Apple cofounder.

The trailer, posted to YouTube by Collider, shows a few seconds of Fassbender's treatment of Jobs, as well as shots of costars Seth Rogen as Steve Wozniak, Kate Winslet as former Macintosh marketing chief Joanna Hoffman and Jeff Daniels, who plays former Apple CEO John Sculley.

From Universal's official release:
Set backstage at three iconic product launches and ending in 1998 with the unveiling of the iMac, STEVE JOBS takes us behind the scenes of the digital revolution to paint an intimate portrait of the brilliant man at its epicenter.
Not much can be gleaned about the film from its short trailer, but the clip serves to set a general tone of drama and tension between the main characters. In the clip, we get our first look at Fassbender's Jobs onstage, oozing confidence as a larger than life persona.

The upcoming Jobs movie was penned by screenwriter Aaron Sorkin who, like Boyle, is an Academy Award winner. Principal filming began earlier this year

"Steve Jobs" is set to hit theaters on Oct. 9.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 43
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    I am teased.

but as curious why the other potential leads turned it down.
  • Reply 2 of 43
    deegee48deegee48 Posts: 66member
    Hmmm....looks a little better than I thought. Might actually be good after all!
  • Reply 3 of 43
    Eh. Maybe.
  • Reply 4 of 43
    hittrj01hittrj01 Posts: 753member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Carrier Wave View Post

Eh. Maybe.

I had a similar reaction. I will go see this because the source material (the man, not the book) greatly interests me, but I expect this to be one of those movies that tries to be Oscar worthy, but gets about a 60-70% on Rotten Tomatoes. Basically, good, not great. I think with a better book as the source material, it really could have taken off, but oh well.

• Reply 5 of 43
    lord amhranlord amhran Posts: 902member

Sorry but I'm only seeing Erik Lehnsherr here. That and I'm left feeling even more bleh after watching the trailer. Perhaps that's because it's only a 71 second trailer but I'll need a little more to make a decision on if I'll see it or not.

I will say that Fassbender is a VAST improvement over Kutcher

• Reply 6 of 43
    thewhitefalconthewhitefalcon Posts: 4,453member
    Meh. Overall lousy casting.
  • Reply 7 of 43
    rtamesisrtamesis Posts: 88member
    I'm reading Becoming Steve Jobs, which is a much better book than Walter Isaacson's official biography, and this trailer makes me think a lot about Becoming Steve Jobs.
  • Reply 8 of 43
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Sorry but I'm only seeing Erik Lehnsherr here. That and I'm left feeling even more bleh after watching the trailer. Perhaps that's because it's only a 71 second trailer but I'll need a little more to make a decision on if I'll see it or not.

I will say that Fassbender is a VAST improvement over Kutcher

Except Kutcher was a dead ringer for Steve looks wise.
  • Reply 9 of 43
    rtamesisrtamesis Posts: 88member
    I'm reading Becoming Steve Jobs, which is a much better book than Walter Isaacson's official biography, and this trailer makes me think a lot about Becoming Steve Jobs.
  • Reply 10 of 43

Horry Shit! Fassbender looks exactly like Steve Jobs if Steve had been Fassbender!!

• Reply 11 of 43
    thewhitefalconthewhitefalcon Posts: 4,453member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Except Kutcher was a dead ringer for Steve looks wise.

Bale could have pulled it off too. This just looks lazy, they just stuck this guy in a turtleneck and slapped some glases on his face. Not even any hair dye!
  • Reply 12 of 43
    hittrj01 wrote: »
    I had a similar reaction. I will go see this because the source material (the man, not the book) greatly interests me, but I expect this to be one of those movies that tries to be Oscar worthy, but gets about a 60-70% on Rotten Tomatoes. Basically, good, not great. I think with a better book as the source material, it really could have taken off, but oh well.

I don't think the movie will have much to do with the book. the book is just a basic telling of many decades of life. the movie is much more limited in scope and will be about whatever they want it to be.
  • Reply 13 of 43
    Bale could have pulled it off too. This just looks lazy, they just stuck this guy in a turtleneck and slapped some glases on his face. Not even any hair dye!

Bale has the crazy-man intensity, yeah, and looked more like him. but Fassbender is a good actor so I gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. if his acting conveys the character of the man, then the looks are secondary.
  • Reply 14 of 43
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,462member
    Couldn't they have at least dyed his hair black?
  • Reply 15 of 43
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    rtamesis wrote: »
    this trailer makes me think a lot about Becoming Steve Jobs.

Think as much as you want, but you can never become Steve Jobs. ;)
  • Reply 16 of 43
    Meh. Overall lousy casting.

I know, right? Should've been Justin Long!

[VIDEO]
  • Reply 17 of 43
    How could I forget John Hodgman playing Steve Jobs:

[VIDEO]
  • Reply 18 of 43
    xixoxixo Posts: 450member

• Reply 19 of 43
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member
    Michael Fassbender is one of the best actors of his generation. Period.

I am very impressed by those of you are able to go meh/bleh (or "great!") after 60 seconds. Not.
  • Reply 20 of 43
    xixo wrote: »
    <iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1-oIL9cLHDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Hm, interesting. I thought it would be much worse than that, but he had a pretty good way about him even at those times of pressure.