Google's Chromebooks continue to make inroads in education, Gartner says

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 62
    elehcdnelehcdn Posts: 388member
    relic wrote: »
    Oh give me a break, I said I'm rarely offline but when I am there are plenty of apps that work offline and you can also install Android apps like MS Office. I also know about offline capabilities because I actually own one and am a uber geek who plays with her toys. I don't understand your question about kids, my children both have unlimited LTE, costs about 40 per child, maybe less I need to check

Well, I am quite sure that parents in Title 1 schools would think nothing of paying $40/child/month for unlimited LTE ...

The only place those kids are going to get unlimited internet access is at school ...
  • Reply 62 of 62
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    elehcdn wrote: »
    Well, I am quite sure that parents in Title 1 schools would think nothing of paying $40/child/month for unlimited LTE ...

The only place those kids are going to get unlimited internet access is at school ...

At home as well, as I'm sure most children have internet in their houses. An iPad wouldn't be much of a improvement when it comes to offline, most apps require an internet connection as well, including the educational apps. Most schools don't even allow the students to take these devices home, iPad, ChromeBooks or otherwise so this is all just a mute point anyway.