Apple's Cook speaks out against public, private data harvesting policies

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 108
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Gatorguy, I think you're misinterpreting the iAd text for advertisers.

Since you're willing to spent hour after hour criticizing Apple over this, why not write both the people in charge of iAds AND Tim Cook directly and lay out your case and demand answers?

Done and sent. I'll update you with any replies.
  • Reply 102 of 108
    Gatorguy, I think you're misinterpreting the iAd text for advertisers.

Since you're willing to spent hour after hour criticizing Apple over this, why not write both the people in charge of iAds AND Tim Cook directly and lay out your case and demand answers?

Don't complain to people who have nothing to do with Apple's policies and services.

Post the replies you receive (or summaries if you're paranoid about your identity being revealed).

[@]SpamSandwich[/@] , it's been about a week since the email was sent to Mr. Cook. No reply yet. As you requested I'll keep you advised if I hear anything.
  • Reply 103 of 108
    vuduvudu Posts: 28member

“Right” as defined in an SLA?

• Reply 104 of 108
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

@SpamSandwich , it's been about a week since the email was sent to Mr. Cook. No reply yet. As you requested I'll keep you advised if I hear anything.

Eagerly awaiting their response.

• Reply 105 of 108

Eagerly awaiting their response.
    Well, it's been 12 days so it's beginning to appear they've "declined to comment".
  • Reply 106 of 108
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Well, it's been 12 days so it's beginning to appear they've "declined to comment".

But I am curious how you phrased your questions...
  • Reply 107 of 108
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

But I am curious how you phrased your questions...

I searched for a copy of those emails he sent, but came up zilch... But I don't think it matters much; they'd likely reply with a link to their policies published on their website.