Live from Apple's WWDC 2015: iOS 9, OS X 10.11, Apple Music and more

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 2015
Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference is set to kick off with a keynote presentation, unveiling the company's upcoming products, including the next-generation versions of iOS and OS X. AppleInsider is there live in San Francisco with complete exclusive coverage of the company's big event.

If you're not automatically redirected in 5 seconds, click here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Apple Store is still up so my guess is no hardware today.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Apple Store is still up so my guess is no hardware today.

One, it often goes down when the keynote starts. Two, hardware could be announced, but not available, today.

• Reply 3 of 22

Yikes... the live feed is frozen....

• Reply 4 of 22
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

2 cats by the scruff of the neck and "axe" the goat.  PETA will be knocking soon....  HAHA

• Reply 5 of 22

Hmm... no Watch numbers...?

• Reply 6 of 22
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    Yikes... the live feed is frozen....
    You didn't miss Fall Out Boys song did you? Tell me you didn't... :D

Refining the OS must be the theme this year. Heard the same last week from a different event. Natural language search is cool tho!
  • Reply 7 of 22
    dereksonderekson Posts: 30member

Doesn't it look like he's using a new version of the Magic TrackPad? The top part of it has a different shape, I think. Perhaps a version with force touch? Or maybe I'm just seeing things....

• Reply 8 of 22

AAPL sinking, per usual.

Might pick up some call options if the trend persists....

• Reply 9 of 22
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    Now the timing of comments from Mr. Cook regarding privacy make sense as I suspected they might.
  • Reply 10 of 22

Renaming Passbook to Wallet lands in the realm of copying Google.  Doesn't seem a good move to me. (one mans opinion)

• Reply 11 of 22
    dereksonderekson Posts: 30member

That transit implementation in maps looks really good.

• Reply 12 of 22

Finally...Multitasking with split screen.

• Reply 13 of 22

The new curser control on iOS9 looks incredible. Seems like it will increase typing productivity on mobile quite a bit. 

• Reply 14 of 22
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member

And finally, 

UNDERWHELMING! lol

• Reply 15 of 22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

And finally, 

UNDERWHELMING! lol

The split screen stuff was nice but the news app...just another in a long list that does that already, just now with Apples touch.

I am sure there will be a lot of under the hood stuff that wil improve it overall, we just won't see the bling other than better apps.

• Reply 16 of 22
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by greymatter View Post

The new curser control on iOS9 looks incredible. Seems like it will increase typing productivity on mobile quite a bit. 

Agree. I love that refinement.

• Reply 17 of 22
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

The split screen stuff was nice but the news app...just another in a long list that does that already, just now with Apples touch.

I am sure there will be a lot of under the hood stuff that wil improve it overall, we just won't see the bling other than better apps.

I hope so too. I expected something about ATV OS and more on Homekit stuffs. But nada.

• Reply 18 of 22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

I hope so too. I expected something about ATV OS and more on Homekit stuffs. But nada.

Forgot, the over the air updates got a lot smaller.  Under the hood improvement.

• Reply 19 of 22
    eideardeideard Posts: 428member
    No new ATV. Most disappointing. Realize content owners are creeps, but, updated, higher powered hardware overdue. Easy enough, now, to start streaming 4K movies and compete w/Netflix and whoever hits the Web with existing film-based content.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    icoco3 wrote: »
    2 cats by the scruff of the neck and "axe" the goat.  PETA will be knocking soon....  HAHA

To be fair, 'scruffing' a cat is Ok in most cases and he saved the goat just in time! LOL