Apple Music streams songs on-demand, features 24/7 'Beats 1' station, on iOS & Android for $10/month

Comments

• Reply 81 of 220
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    sog35 wrote: »
    yes you can download for off line use.

Well that's pretty awesome now.
  • Reply 82 of 220
    ericthehalfbeeericthehalfbee Posts: 4,486member

Bottom Line:

APPLE EFFING KILLED IT WITH APPLE MUSIC.

The sheer amount of bitching and moaning both here at AI and on blogs everywhere else pretty much confirms it. You guys can keep your inferior competitors while pretending you have something Apple doesn't.

Went to Pandora today (for example) to see what they offer and got a message saying they are no longer able to operate outside of the US, Australia and New Zealand due to licensing. This is what separates Apple from the rest. They have the market position to make the deals necessary to launch this in, what, 100 countries?

• Reply 83 of 220
    thewhitefalconthewhitefalcon Posts: 4,453member
    xserenityx wrote: »
    I was pleasantly surprised by this. I thought I was going to be ho-hum, because I'm pretty happy with Spotify... but some of the features look intriguing, and it wouldn't cost me more than it does now.

I have to see if the library is as deep as Spotify's... I listen to a crapload of obscure stuff, and if I can't find it... :/

I must be the only one actually jazzed about the global radio station.

I'm excited for it as well, should be great. Overall Apple knocked it out of the park.

Spotify right now:
  • Reply 84 of 220
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    Plus the DIY of Connect in ?Music brings the same fresh blood and opportunity to music as the App Store brought to small time programmers. This could be huge. I know they could do it on iTunes but this is a whole new game of American Idol ...! :D

Please expand on this for me as I guess I don't see it in the way you do. I'm genuinely interested in how this is big.
  • Reply 85 of 220
    mrboba1mrboba1 Posts: 276member

Personally, I am loathe to buy into a music subscription service, but both my kids love it. My 19 year old has Spotify (he pays directly) and my 14 year old does Spotify free.

They are both in the "family" - it may interest me just enough to subsidize the cost to do this if they want to drop Spotify.

I'll at least check out the preview period.

• Reply 86 of 220
    It's like Ping except with streaming music..... which was basically Twitter in iTunes.... where only some of your favorite artists are....

As long as I can use iTunes Match to keep my songs in the cloud and then add songs from the streaming library like I can in Google Music or XBOX Music, then I'd be OK with that. Otherwise, I'll just stick with XBOX Music. And the main reason is that XBOX Music is the only one that cleans up duplicate tracks and any songs I don't like are just deleted and it comes off my OneDrive. Simple enough.
  • Reply 87 of 220
    fallenjt wrote: »
    You are then only person from Android/Google crowd in here and sometimes jump in for such as comment huh? There's better place for you: Phandroids.com

Seriously, apple music is a junk service that I wouldn't use even if it were free. It's as awkward as the keynote presentation of it. I do hope the people who do like that type of service enjoy it though. It's made me re-evaluate my "match" service, which I'll probably drop because it just seems to keep messing things up for me.
  • Reply 88 of 220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

Please expand on this for me as I guess I don't see it in the way you do. I'm genuinely interested in how this is big.

Unsigned artists can get into Apple Music, in a way that breaks down the walls that have been in the industry for so long. I think that's the reference.

• Reply 89 of 220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Shadow View Post

Seriously, apple music is a junk service that I wouldn't use even if it were free. It's as awkward as the keynote presentation of it. I do hope the people who do like that type of service enjoy it though. It's made me re-evaluate my "match" service, which I'll probably drop because it just seems to keep messing things up for me.

I'm curious as to how you know this. It's 22 days before it launches.

• Reply 90 of 220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

You are then only person from Android/Google crowd in here and sometimes jump in for such as comment huh? There's better place for you: Phandroids.com

Um why don't you grow up.  All are welcome here as long as they are respectful.

• Reply 91 of 220
    thewhitefalconthewhitefalcon Posts: 4,453member
    mrboba1 wrote: »

I'm curious as to how you know this. It's 22 days before it launches.

He's 'smart', that's why he's in my block list. :D
  • Reply 92 of 220
    Plus the DIY of Connect in ?Music brings the same fresh blood and opportunity to music as the App Store brought to small time programmers. This could be huge. I know they could do it on iTunes but this is a whole new game of American Idol ...! :D

How is this "huge"? I'm curious. I'm actually hoping the app doesn't default to this and just goes to playlists when opened. As of right now it doesn't seem to remember that you were listening to playlists and always opens to iTunes Radio, which I tried several times. It skips and jumps like an old scratched record.

So how is this huge?
  • Reply 93 of 220
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

This makes the Beats acquisition look like a bargin.

100 million subscribers is 12 billion in revenue.  

If I was Sirrus/XM I'd be terrified.  Its only a matter of time before Music has many more stations.

There is NO WAY Apple is going to get 100 million people signed up!!!!  Spotify, the #1 service right now with 60 million users and out of those only 15 million pay.  How the hell does anyone think Apple will get 100 million paying users signed up?  It has some interesting features for some people.   I'll stick with Amazon Prime Music at $8.25 a month that comes with a whole lot of other PRIME things in that monthly price.

I don't know of BEATS was the Smart Buy or not, maybe it is, but what the hell, Apple has a ton of money and was spreading the wealth around!!!  If it was smart or not, does it matter?

I was a huge fan of SiriusXM Radio.  But I canceled about 5 months ago because the APP just completely SUCKS!!!  I had thought it was maybe my slow old iPhone 4, but it was no better on my iPhone 6 and I had enough at $15 a month.  I didn't give a crap about the Music, I like the talk radio stations, but for streaming,. you had to get both the Talk stations and the Music stations where as with Satellite you can get one or the other or both.   I'd sign up for SiriusXM at half the price for just the talk channels.   Then again, if the App is still junk, It won't last long.  I no they just had a big update not long ago.  But really, for the price of service they were asking, the App should have been 100 times better.

• Reply 94 of 220
    tonypietonypie Posts: 42member
    What happens to iTunes Radio; does it stay or is it eliminated when Apple Music arrives?
  • Reply 95 of 220
    sog35 wrote: »
    Please go back to your Android.com site.

Calling something a junk service without even using it shows your true intentions.

I suppose I would if I had anything that ran android. I don't. Knowing my mindset and the fact that I know I will not use it makes you think I have a different operating system? How did you evaluate that conclusion?
  • Reply 96 of 220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Please go back to your Android.com site.

Calling something a junk service without even using it shows your true intentions.

Hey I am an Android and Apple user.  Have an HTC M9 for my main device and an iPad and getting a Macbook Pro for film school so I am very interested in Apple Music. 

• Reply 97 of 220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyPie View Post

What happens to iTunes Radio; does it stay or is it eliminated when Apple Music arrives?

The radio still exists under Beats1, but you can apparently still do customized stations. It's all there on the Apple Music site.

• Reply 98 of 220
    mubailimubaili Posts: 453member
    Netflix, Apple Show will arrive on WWDC 2016.
  • Reply 99 of 220
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Shadow View Post

I thought when people use the term "junk", they mean "Android". No?

• Reply 100 of 220
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chadmatic View Post

Same $9.99 monthly fee as Tidal, except Tidal is giving it to you in higher resolution.

No they are NOT!!!  Tital has 2 prices.  It has a $9.99 a month price, which gives you 320kbps Music which is the SAME as Spotify.  Or you can pay $19.99 for the "Tidal HiFi" membership" for the  "lossless high fidelity" sound.

Which in the end is completely pointless for most people.  Unless you really have some quality headset in a nice quite room, you might be able to tell the difference.