iOS 9 includes new iCloud Drive app, 6-digit passcode, shift button fix and more

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 95
    dcgoodcgoo Posts: 280member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Haggar View Post

Can you add multiple file attachments to an email in Mail?

I haven't tried it, but that ability has always been there.  I would be highly surprised to see it removed from iOS 9.

• Reply 82 of 95
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member

Anyone notice that the new Wallet icon is a black box with a little wallet inside. This is what they got away from in iOS7.Doesn't match any of the other icons at all.

• Reply 83 of 95
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mike1 View Post

Anyone notice that the new Wallet icon is a black box with a little wallet inside. This is what they got away from in iOS7.Doesn't match any of the other icons at all.

The Clock icon from iOS7 matches that aesthetic exactly, and continues to do so.  Black box with a little clock inside.

Not to mention the Watch app.

Refresh my memory... what other iOS7 icons "got away" from this?

• Reply 84 of 95
    iOS GUI design has been idiotic since iOS 7. The fact that Jony Ive doesn't understand how the human eyes and brain perceive objects in a 2-dimensional plane... does he have a perception disorder or is he just ignorant and arrogant?? Get that man off the GUI design and get rid of that flat BS.

That said, the keyboard should have always shown upper and lower case letters. No good reason for not having done that from day one.
  • Reply 85 of 95
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosiv View Post

When you enable the "Low Power Mode", animated wallpapers will be disabled.

Are there any enabled, yet? Or is this introduced by iOS9 silently?

In iOS 9 you go to the wallpaper settings sheet and Apple has provide several samples (the Betta fish as shown on the packaging) as well as some dynamic ones from before. I am not sure what the file format is (for the animated) but it should be trivial to look in the pkg and see (or in Xcode docs).

• Reply 86 of 95
    I had no issue with the shift key, it operated like a physical keyboard which displays all upper case letters. I wish there was an option to choose either way to accommodate those who somehow had problems. I find the keyboard switching back and forth between upper and lower case to be disrupting.
  • Reply 87 of 95
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kenburg View Post

I had no issue with the shift key, it operated like a physical keyboard which displays all upper case letters. I wish there was an option to choose either way to accommodate those who somehow had problems. I find the keyboard switching back and forth between upper and lower case to be disrupting.

The problem with the iOS 8 shift key was that (unlike the one in iOS 6) it was difficult to tell whether it was engaged or not. Having the entire keyboard repeatedly flash between upper and lower case labels is not only overkill, but makes for a very unpleasant and distracting experience when typing quickly. I consider it a very "un-Apple" solution to the problem.

• Reply 88 of 95
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Reply 89 of 95
    Has Apple addressed the fact rant since iOS 9 iCloud will not perform backups? To me thanks a pretty major issue.
  • Reply 90 of 95

I was amazed at how Apple hosed the Podcast app with solid color pages that made it nearly unreadable.  Until I went to the prefs and saw the "custom colors" slider.  Still, seems a little odd that no one in Cupertino saw the Podcast app in its default state and thought, hmm, not good.

• Reply 91 of 95
  • Reply 92 of 95
  • Reply 93 of 95
    jlanddjlandd Posts: 873member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dklebedev View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jlandd View Post

I was amazed at how Apple hosed the Podcast app with solid color pages that made it nearly unreadable.  Until I went to the prefs and saw the "custom colors" slider.  Still, seems a little odd that no one in Cupertino saw the Podcast app in its default state and thought, hmm, not good.

It kinda seems they got insolent here and there.

Yeah, for all the things they got right there are more than a few downers IMO.  Now that I've put the Podcast app through its paces for a week I give it a C, down from a B.  I can't think of a change made that was for the better but several are glaring as worse.  In general they have a problem looking at the simple, unsexy aspects of apps that just work and resisting making them sexier and weakening them in the process.    Feh.

• Reply 94 of 95
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jlandd View Post

Yeah, for all the things they got right there are more than a few downers IMO.  Now that I've put the Podcast app through its paces for a week I give it a C, down from a B.  I can't think of a change made that was for the better but several are glaring as worse.  In general they have a problem looking at the simple, unsexy aspects of apps that just work and resisting making them sexier and weakening them in the process.    Feh.

Yes, having to stop the episode play through the timer function (as a sleep mode) is sort of odd at best.