Apple kicks off production of next-gen iPhone with Force Touch, report says

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Force Touch (which I've got quite used to on the Watch), while nice, by itself is not a must-have for me.

Now, if only Apple would put the on/off button back where it originally was....
  • Reply 42 of 55
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Now, if only Apple would put the on/off button back where it originally was....

YES!! FINALLY someone sharing my same sentiment! Boy am I glad to read your opinion on this. They really ought to put it back...
  • Reply 43 of 55
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    philboogie wrote: »

YES!! FINALLY someone sharing my same sentiment! Boy am I glad to read your opinion on this. They really ought to put it back...

It's like Apple created the perfect device.... then decided to add a flaw to it, you know, just because. :\
  • Reply 44 of 55
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    It's like Apple created the perfect device.... then decided to add a flaw to it, you know, just because. :\

TWF, I mean, WTF¿

Yeah, sometimes it does actually feels like that. A bit like Spotlight. First time I opened it on 10.10 I was like: "Huh? Why can't I move the window?" And now in 10.11 we get refinements, like moving the Spotlight window.

Still, going to appreciate all the t's they crossed in the new version. I love how they created their ecosystem, was great to see it all evolve to this. And now still great to see them innovating across the board.
  • Reply 45 of 55
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    foggyhill wrote: »
    rogifan wrote: »
    According to this Business Insider article with a former Apple intern Jony Ive is not a fan of the camera bulge on the iPhone 6/6 Plus.

http://www.donotlink.com/fpp1

If that's true I'd be very curious to know the reason for keeping the bulge even though Ive hated it. Unless he wouldn't budge on the thickness and so he settled for the bulge even though he hated it. One would assume then he hates the antenna lines as well. It will be interesting to see if either of those change this fall.

Optics. There was no choice, really.

There's always a choice.
  • Reply 46 of 55
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,563member
    The word you people are looking for is "compromise", or perhaps "trade-off".
  • Reply 47 of 55
    mechanicmechanic Posts: 805member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jsmythe00 View Post

...what is the difference between force touch and long press. Sounds the same to me

Because force touch measures the "force" being applied, not the duration. On my ?Watch hard presses are not longer than say a tap.  So no there not the same. You could actually  have long presses too or long presses with more force too.

• Reply 48 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jonyo View Post

itunes match has a track limit of 25000, my music library is too big.

I tunes match does not upload all of your library just the songs not in apples library online, if they have the song in there library online yours does not get uploaded.  The chances that you would have 25000 songs that are not in apples library are extremely remote.

• Reply 49 of 55
    jonyojonyo Posts: 117member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post

I tunes match does not upload all of your library just the songs not in apples library online, if they have the song in there library online yours does not get uploaded.  The chances that you would have 25000 songs that are not in apples library are extremely remote.

That's true, but currently if your library is over 25000 tracks, itunes match does not work at all, for matched or unmatched tracks.

• Reply 50 of 55
    Quote:

That's true, but currently if your library is over 25000 tracks, itunes match does not work at all, for matched or unmatched tracks.

I currently have a library of 30656 songs and iTunes match works great for me.  only a little over 500 songs from my library have been uploaded.  I just looked at apples page on iTunes match and no where does it say that match will not work if your library is larger than 25000 because it only uploads the songs they don't have online.   Songs you have purchased from apple don't count towards the 25000.  To quote apples page  

Quote:

• iTunes Match is limited to 25,000 songs. 

• iTunes Store purchases made with the same Apple ID being used for iTunes Match do not count towards the 25,000 song limit.

• Unmatched content will be uploaded as is. Upload time varies depending on the amounts uploaded and local network speeds.

• Song files larger than 200 MB won't be uploaded to iCloud.

• Song files longer than two hours in length won't be uploaded to iCloud.

• Songs containing DRM (Digital Rights Management) won't be matched or uploaded to iCloud unless your computer is authorized for playback of that content.

The only limits are 200MB files, Files longer than 2 hours, or files with DRM that your computer is not authorized to play.

Update: It looks like with iOS 8.4 the iTunes match limit is being raised to 100,000.   That should make this all a mute point.  There is an article on 9to5 mac on this, Ok looks like AI are being stupid about linking here is the url:  http://************/2015/06/28/ios-8-4-to-be-released-8-am-pst-on-tuesday-itunes-match-song-limit-will-increase-to-100000-with-ios-9/ where the stars are put 9to5macdotcom.

• Reply 51 of 55
    jonyojonyo Posts: 117member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post

I currently have a library of 30656 songs and iTunes match works great for me.  only a little over 500 songs from my library have been uploaded.  I just looked at apples page on iTunes match and no where does it say that match will not work if your library is larger than 25000 because it only uploads the songs they don't have online.   Songs you have purchased from apple don't count towards the 25000.  To quote apples page  

The only limits are 200MB files, Files longer than 2 hours, or files with DRM that your computer is not authorized to play.

Oh, good. I was told by others who were early adopters of itunes match that the whole thing would just not do anything if your library is too big. Maybe they changed the behavior at some point, or maybe those people were incorrect.

• Reply 52 of 55
    Quote:

Oh, good. I was told by others who were early adopters of itunes match that the whole thing would just not do anything if your library is too big. Maybe they changed the behavior at some point, or maybe those people were incorrect.

I just updated my post above it looks like tuesday when iOS 8.4 comes out there raising the limit of iTunes match to 100,000 anyway. I put a link to the article about it in my above post.

• Reply 53 of 55
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    One finger Force touch could replace the home button all together. It responds very well on the watch. It might be a waste though, dedicating the force touch to just one button.
  • Reply 54 of 55
    mechanic wrote: »

The matching engine seems to be very fickle when matching music not purchased from Apple, I have over 15k songs that are in the iTunes library that needed to be uploaded when I signed up. I can't wait until they increase the limit because I get warnings every time I add music to iTunes