Apple leaks new gold, deep blue and hot pink iPod colors in iTunes 12.2

Comments

• Reply 21 of 49

Loving the blue...would make a great color for the MacBook, iPhone and iPad! :)

Best.

• Reply 22 of 49
    xavier83xavier83 Posts: 63member
    just what I've been waiting for
  • Reply 23 of 49
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,834moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

And the last new one I bought I think it was about $50. If it would cost another $5 to get an ergonomic clip, I'd pay for it. If they could make a sweat/water resistant one, I'd pay more for that. I certainly don't want to slap a phone on my arm when I'm running (and I'm not ready to wear an Apple Watch, plus have the phone on me).

The Watch doesn't require the presence of a phone to do the same thing the iPod Shuffle does; stream music stored on the Watch to earbuds.  Of course, you'd need Bluetooth wireless earbuds.  Bringing the iPhone along lets you track your run more accurately, but that's a separate conversation.

• Reply 24 of 49
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member

I really love the new blue color. It looks so much better compared to the pastel blue that's available now. I would love an iPhone in that blue as well. Now all Apple needs is to bump the storage to 128 gigs and I'm sold. 

• Reply 25 of 49
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member

So in other words, lets go back to the 4th Gen of iPod shuffle colours.  

Wish that blue was truly deep blue, i.e. navy

• Reply 26 of 49
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

If they update iPods with no Touch ID that's a big fail. And why does the nano still have iOS 6 style UI?

it is not a big fail with an iPod Touch.  No reason to have it, just like there is no reason to have it on an iPad.  It is more convenient on the iPhone, especially with Apple Pay.  The Nano does not run iOS.

• Reply 27 of 49
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

The Watch doesn't require the presence of a phone to do the same thing the iPod Shuffle does; stream music stored on the Watch to earbuds.  Of course, you'd need Bluetooth wireless earbuds.  Bringing the iPhone along lets you track your run more accurately, but that's a separate conversation.

Yes, I'm quite aware of the capabilities of each device. I chose the Shuffle because I only want music. I don't need to know what time it is, I don't need GPS, I don't need to answer text messages...
  • Reply 28 of 49
    dekkarddekkard Posts: 1member

The date on the calendar icon on the iPod touch is Tuesday 14th. There is only one Tuesday the 14th this year - July. The iPhone6 had its unveiling date in its calendar icon images too so the unveiling date for the iPods seems pretty clear.

• Reply 29 of 49
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Come on, seriously? How much longer are you people going to entertain the fantasy that Apple cares about the iPod at all? Is not abundantly obvious to you that Apple does want to sell more iPods? That they feel the current modest sales pace of the product is just enough to justify its legacy, but not enough for any innovation whatsoever?

The iPod touch was big deal back when it was lot harder to get an iPhone, and there was no iPad mini. The landscape has changed. A lot.

I'm looking forward to when Apple axes it completely...not pining over their so called "failure" for letting a dying product die.

An iPhone has never been hard to get.  Apple does sell millions of iPhones, don't you know that?  Many people buy and love their iPod Touch because there is no monthly fee, and perhaps many of them are not iPhone users.  You can say Apple doesn't care about the Apple Watch...because it is lumped in with the iPod on their financial sheet, under "Other".  Since Apple killed the iPod Classic, many people are desiring an update to the iPod Touch with larger storage capacity, say 128GB or even 256GB, since there is no cellular components to worry about for internal space.  There are many that love to have their entire music library on an iPod, and the current 64GB model doesn't cut it.  And the cloud is not a substitute because many people prefer to have their music stored locally (and at a higher bit rate or lossless), not dependent on an internet connection and a low bit rate.

• Reply 30 of 49
    Quote:

Yes, I'm quite aware of the capabilities of each device. I chose the Shuffle because I only want music. I don't need to know what time it is, I don't need GPS, I don't need to answer text messages...

You also do not need to waste $500+ if your desire is to listen to music only.  And the Shuffle will last much longer than an Apple Watch.

• Reply 31 of 49
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 1983 View Post

Its nice to see that Apple hasn't forgotten about the product line that helped prevent it from going belly up nearly 15 years ago. I hope these rumours are correct and the venerable iPod line gets a decent (but probably final) upgrade.

The iMac saved them from bankruptcy in 1998, not the iPod.

• Reply 32 of 49
    hillstones wrote: »
    You also do not need to waste $500+ if your desire is to listen to music only.  And the Shuffle will last much longer than an Apple Watch.

For running, I find the Shuffle is best.
  • Reply 33 of 49
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Because that product does not even make a blip on Apple's balance sheet, and they (justifiably) couldn't care less about investing in it? Apple does not want people buying Nanos, they would prefer if you saved your cash and invested in an iOS device. 

The Apple Watch is in the same "other" category on Apple's balance sheet, along with the iPod and AppleTV.  Proves you don't know what you are talking about.  If Apple did not want anyone buying a Nano, they would never sell it, but they do, because some people buy them.

• Reply 34 of 49
    Quote:

For running, I find the Shuffle is best.

I agree, the Shuffle is also great for bike riding too.  Clip it on your clothes and it is completely weightless.

• Reply 35 of 49
    arthur123arthur123 Posts: 44member

Why buy an iPod at all? Buy a used iPhone 4s or 5 and use it as an iPod. 

• Reply 36 of 49
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Absolute fantasy believing the iPod Touch will have iPhone 5s or iPhone 6 specs.
  • Reply 37 of 49
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    1983 wrote: »
    Its nice to see that Apple hasn't forgotten about the product line that helped prevent it from going belly up nearly 15 years ago. I hope these rumours are correct and the venerable iPod line gets a decent (but probably final) upgrade.

You mean the iMac? Yeah, it's now rocking a 5K Retina Display in aluminum instead of a 15" CRT in translucent plastic.
  • Reply 38 of 49
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    dekkard wrote: »
    The date on the calendar icon on the iPod touch is Tuesday 14th. There is only one Tuesday the 14th this year - July. The iPhone6 had its unveiling date in its calendar icon images too so the unveiling date for the iPods seems pretty clear.

Nice catch, if true.
  • Reply 39 of 49
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dekkard View Post

Nicely done.

• Reply 40 of 49
    gd litegd lite Posts: 2member
    I so want all the rumors of A9 and all the bells and whistles to be true, but as long as it is at least a really good overhaul I'll be happy. (but please apple A9, seriously)