Rumor: Samsung to launch Galaxy 'S6 Edge+,' Note 5 on August 12

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I don't recall but was that number worldwide? If it was it really isn't that impressive.

My memory is leaning towards European carriers. I would have Go the rumors from back then to confirm my memory.
  • Reply 42 of 55
    apple ][ wrote: »

Had it been an iPhone, then they could have obviously just taken it into any Apple store and the problem would have have been fixed in two minutes. People think they're saving money by getting a Samsung phone? Hopefully your friend has learned their lesson.

I wasn't aware that iFruity had waterproof anything except for the minimal waterproofing on the aw... So you're saying that Apple would replace as broken waterproofed cover?
  • Reply 43 of 55
    apple ][ wrote: »

That's interesting. I do know that Apple has a euro HQ in Ireland, but I actually didn't know that there weren't any Apple stores yet in Ireland. I wonder why. According to Wiki, the population is almost 6.5 million. Not a huge population, but certainly enough to have at least one Apple store.

Yeah that's where they offshore their billions to avoid paying taxes. But no Apple store? Guess that HQ office isn't managing much huh? wonder if there's any employees at the HQ address. I highly doubt it.
  • Reply 44 of 55
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    What works for one doesn’t work for another. Everybody always extols the virtues of making the hardware and software yet if you look at the numbers 4 out of 5 companies that have tried that either failed or are dying, a measly 20% success rate. There is no magical formula, and I wish people would stop acting like there is.
    Not only "no magic formula," but Apple's success has broken all the old "rules."
    And the "old rules" were about as succesful as the "new rules".

For years people were telling Apple to get out of hardware, and just sell their OS, because the gold standard was Microsoft, and they didn't sell hardware, just the OS. The problem is, every other company that did that (NeXT, Be, etc) died. (Well, NeXT lives on as Apple, but they weren't going to survive on their own.) So the Microsoft model only really worked for Microsoft. Likewise, the Apple model may only work for Apple.

So, yeah, there is no magic formula. And anyone who says there is, is either an idiot, or trying to sell you something. Possibly both.
  • Reply 45 of 55
    woochiferwoochifer Posts: 385member

"Launch" in August.

Arrive in October, after 10s of millions of the latest iPhones are already in consumers' hands.

• Reply 46 of 55
    isteelersisteelers Posts: 738member
    sog35 wrote: »
    one word:  inefficient

Two words: horribly inefficient.
  • Reply 47 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

If they're launching the Note early than clearly the 6 and 6 Edge must be a bust and clearly aren't taking share away from iPhone. I'm not sure how launching the Note a month early will change any of that. Once the new iPhones launch no one will be taking about the Note.

If it doesn't have an SD slot, replaceable battery, etc, they'll be talking about it ... but not in a good way.

• Reply 48 of 55
    brakkenbrakken Posts: 687member
    "Samsung. We copy, you pay!"
  • Reply 49 of 55
    Samsung: All your ideas are belong to us.
  • Reply 50 of 55
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Ask HTC how keeping it simple has worked out.

Compare Samsung's marketing spend vs HTC's marketing spend. It's a shame that a superior product is losing out to Samsung's rubbish.

• Reply 51 of 55
    Up Next: Galaxy S6 Edge+ Mega
  • Reply 52 of 55
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    sennen wrote: »
    Ask HTC how keeping it simple has worked out.

Compare Samsung's marketing spend vs HTC's marketing spend. It's a shame that a superior product is losing out to Samsung's rubbish.

So now marketing is the reason.
  • Reply 53 of 55
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member

Samsung peaked a long time ago, and the media helped them with the whole "Samsung is the next Apple" narrative. Now that that didn't pan out, and don't have large screens to shill out, Samsung has nowhere to go. 

• Reply 54 of 55
    I really don't like this move at all anyways. I was going for the Note 5 Edge/ Note Edge 2 and it's just not a thing anymore. Like really? How does the S6 Edge Plus win over Note buyers who WANT the Edge? This move literally makes them lose money.

I'm more of an Android guy, but most android guys really aren't huge Samsung fans for this reason. They make dumb calls about things we don't want to have. The only time they've listened are with the new design language and Project Orbis (their circular smartwatch idea, we all wanted that at Android Camp).