13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    techlovertechlover Posts: 879member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TechLover View Post

I didn't say it bothers me. I said there is no excuse.

I don't use much in the way of Apples cloud offerings so their constant inexcusable outages don't bother me a bit.

And please don't tell me what to do. Thanks.

So you don't want me to tell you what to do but you want to tell the MOST POWERFUL COMPANY in the world they need to change things?  No excuses?

LOL.  

Yup. We agree on this.

I think Apple needs to get into gear and take care of their cloud issues. As do many others.

And I don't think I need to have a random person on a forum tell me to switch to Android for feeling that way.

I think that is reasonable.

• Reply 42 of 47
    techlovertechlover Posts: 879member
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TechLover View Post

Yup. We agree on this.

I think Apple needs to get into gear and take care of their cloud issues. As do many others.

And I don't think I need to have a random person on a forum tell me to switch to Android for feeling that way.

I think that is reasonable.

If cloud was mission critical you could easy use a 3rd party cloud vendor.

Exactly. That is precisely my point. Again, we agree.

• Reply 43 of 47
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member

It's 1:45 Pacific time, and I can't even stream music through my Apple TV...

When is a "service" not a service???

As I've said before, "And the hits just keep not happening'"!

Update:  Well, this is marvelous - before discovering this article, I tried several things to reverse the "content not found" message,

lastly trying a restore of the ATV...this was progressing vvvveeerrryyyy sssssllllooowwwwllllyyyy, but just as it was

finally about to finish, voila!  Southern California power outage...hope it didn't brick it...

(sorry, just feeling whiny)

• Reply 44 of 47
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

If cloud was mission critical you could easy use a 3rd party cloud vendor.

For most it isn't that important.  I ain't going to die if the Apple cloud is down for a few hours once a year.  Deal with it. 

And if you need ZERO down time you would need multiple cloud vendors anyway.

YOu are making a mountain out of a molehill.  

Fortunately none of Apple's mission critical services were affected. Apple ID, Keychain, Apple Pay, etc all remained up. Service has since been restored to all systems.

• Reply 45 of 47
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by konqerror View Post

This shows why Apple's CDN is a bad idea. The point of a CDN, or any network in general, is to share capacity to reduce costs, since everybody doesn't need all capacity all the time. Apple isn't likely to have an event, the same day Amazon has a huge sale, on the same day that Microsoft releases Windows 10. If you have only one customer, then your capacity sits idle most of the time, defeating the whole purpose.

Beyond that, Apple sucks at the Internet.

Yes to a certain extend. But when Apple has a baseline of traffic, it make sense to have their own CDN as well. And they should have started their own CDN long time ago. With all the traffics from App Store, iTunes, PodCast, as well as their Events. If they had started this two / three years ago they should have a well designed CDN by now. And BTW Media CDN is not that complex anyway, fast / low latency CDN is another story. 

They also have other CDN to offload to. So it is hard to believe this is an capacity issue. 

As with all other company they should have had two network infrastructure and one to fail over to when the other one failed.  It is easier said then done but most if not all other massive cloud companies have this in place.

Again, Apple still dont get "services", it seems it is just not in their DNA.

On another note Siri is doing pretty well and using some advance Cluster computing.

• Reply 46 of 47
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    My latest Apple Music nightmare on both iPhone and iPad. I'll play a song from my library (not streaming), get the right sound level set, then about 5 or 6 seconds later the sound dramatically increases automatically, blasting into my headphones. This was also happening in my car using Bluetooth, but I thought it was the car audio system compensating for exterior noise. It's happened randomly now after listening to several albums worth of songs and it is clearly Apple Music doing it without any multitouch input or volume control adjustments on my part. Absolutely terrible. Eddy Cue, or whomever is responsible for this really needs to be reassigned or fired.