Cellphone, data and landline services down for many in southeastern US [u]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by coolfactor View Post

Yah, this is a good example of how the world has become dependent on corporate network providers, which is in stark contrast to what the "internet" was meant to be... a redundant, decentralized network.

Just to clarify, it wasn't the internet that was down, just some, mostly mobile, providers' access to it.  My work and home internet were fine, and it worked on my phone when I was in wifi.

• Reply 22 of 26
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

It's affecting a boat load of iPhone users.

But I thought nobody in the south (where all the ignorant people are) used iPhones? Or literally, only a boat load?

• Reply 23 of 26
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Cut fiber. Drones. Hacks. Malware. Social media. NSA backdoors. Little investment in privacy and security. Porous borders. Security theater. Shoddy hiring practices.

I sometimes think it's quite remarkable that we haven't been really screwed yet.

Don't forget about gremlins, bad omens and the valuable opinions of witch doctors. ????
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Cut fiber. Drones. Hacks. Malware. Social media. NSA backdoors. Little investment in privacy and security. Porous borders. Security theater. Shoddy hiring practices.

I sometimes think it's quite remarkable that we haven't been really screwed yet.

And this is the moment in time when Microsoft chose to release  new version of Windows... Ooooo...spooky!

• Reply 25 of 26
    sumergosumergo Posts: 215member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

I'm not sure what part of my post is "chain pulling." This does affect iPhone, iPad and Mac users due to the network connections that are lost, so if you want some connectivity as a reason then there you go, but that's not really why AI posted it. As I stated, they post stuff all the time. Samsung earnings, a malware in Android, MS's multiple changeovers, etc. You don't have to look very hard to find that AI will post things that aren't directly related to Apple. You don't have to like it — others don't and they complain on those forums for reasons I can't fathom instead of just ignoring the article — but it does happen and I'm sure it will happen again very soon.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

I'm not sure what part of my post is "chain pulling." This does affect iPhone, iPad and Mac users due to the network connections that are lost, so if you want some connectivity as a reason then there you go, but that's not really why AI posted it. As I stated, they post stuff all the time. Samsung earnings, a malware in Android, MS's multiple changeovers, etc. You don't have to look very hard to find that AI will post things that aren't directly related to Apple. You don't have to like it — others don't and they complain on those forums for reasons I can't fathom instead of just ignoring the article — but it does happen and I'm sure it will happen again very soon.

Very sage Soli.  So let me see if if I have this right: it's OK on AI to say anything you want, about any topic, related or not to the specific thread you are supposedly addressing.  Kind of makes the concept of topic forums a little irrelevant wouldn't you say?

• Reply 26 of 26
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    sumergo wrote: »
    Very sage Soli.  So let me see if if I have this right: it's OK on AI to say anything you want, about any topic, related or not to the specific thread you are supposedly addressing.  Kind of makes the concept of topic forums a little irrelevant wouldn't you say?

Does dilute things for those that only want Apple topics, but I like the variety. If we want to get pedantic, we could say an article about a new Apple product being released doesn't qualify as "insider". :)

There are also forum categories in which we can talking about politics and any other topic.