Apple CEO Tim Cook among first investors in water saving shower head startup Nebia

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 83

Can the mist really clean off and rinse away the dirt as a larger drop has more mass. I have seen a problem with hard water while trying to rinse of just plain soap using a restrictive low-flow head. I currently use a high pressure head and can rinse very fast. I don't understand this 'blasting off the dirt,' stuff mentioned here. For me, the shower head wets you, you use soap -your own choice of cleaning material, liquid soap, whatever- and then as you apply it and rinse it off, off comes the dirt. Otherwise, use a jet wash. Surely this is about saving water isn't it? So if there are other more efficient shower heads -re GPM- then why has, lets say in San Francisco where I know there are issues with water use, it not been made compulsory, or at least sold with a no government tax -or any other tax- discount to encourage people to have them fitted, for free. I realize you can't force people to change, so dangle the carrot and less of the stick. By the way, I live in the rainy UK.

• Reply 82 of 83
    I am interested in this, but at that price point would need to try it
    before I buy. I think this is a major hurdle. I have a cheap high
    pressure head that works great from http://best-shower-head.com
    - The price is at least 10x the cost of a normal shower head, and given
    that the experience is supposed to justify the price, they need to
    somehow let potential buyers 'get their feet wet' to make the sale.