Entry into $34B console gaming market seen as largest opportunity for new Apple TV

1235»

Comments

  • Reply 81 of 93
    tenlytenly Posts: 710member
    jfanning wrote: »
    Reported? I didn't think Apple had reported anything yet?
    Come on. This is a useless post that attempts to nit-pick on a technicality.

    You're right that *Apple* hasn't reported anything yet - but that's not what the poster said. He just said the price was reported to be $149 - and he's not wrong. The rumor reports the price will be $149. You' assume that he meant Apple and you attempt to make him look like an idiot for it - but you are putting words in his mouth because he didn't actually say that Apple reported it. So who's the idiot now?

    All your post has done is made you sound childish and its convinced me (and probably others) that you don't have an intelligent reply to the post and therefore have lost the debate/argument.

    Try to keep it classy in the future - and if you can't do that - at least make fun of what people really said rather than putting words in their mouths.
  • Reply 82 of 93
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    tenly wrote: »
    Come on. This is a useless post that attempts to nit-pick on a technicality.

    You your post is what?

    tenly wrote: »
    You're right that *Apple* hasn't reported anything yet - but that's not what the poster said. He just said the price was reported to be $149 - and he's not wrong. The rumor reports the price will be $149. You' assume that he meant Apple and you attempt to make him look like an idiot for it - but you are putting words in his mouth because he didn't actually say that Apple reported it. So who's the idiot now?

    You? He said (the point be, he said, not you, what's up with you that you have to cry for them?) reports, a rumour is not a report, it is a rumour, it has no value what so ever, it is something someone made up

    tenly wrote: »
    Try to keep it classy in the future - and if you can't do that - at least make fun of what people really said rather than putting words in their mouths.

    No one has put words into anyones mouths except you, what was the point of your post? Trying to get the last word in?

    I'll glad you have joined in the AI tradition of insulting anyone that disagrees with the "Apple is the only perfect company in the world" routine.
  • Reply 83 of 93
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,150member
    jfanning wrote: »
    Except the price will be going up
    The price of what? iPhones? AppleTVs? Why?
  • Reply 84 of 93
    davendaven Posts: 638member
    jfanning wrote: »
    Reported? I didn't think Apple had reported anything yet?

    Read the first sentence. RUMOR REPORTS... Nowhere did I say that Apple reported the price. If Apple had released details would be no reason for the September 9th event.

    tenly is right and you can't handle it.
  • Reply 85 of 93
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    crowley wrote: »
    The price of what? iPhones? AppleTVs? Why?

    Apple TV. Apple doesn't do free hardware
  • Reply 86 of 93
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    daven wrote: »
    Read the first sentence. RUMOR REPORTS... Nowhere did I say that Apple reported the price. If Apple had released details would be no reason for the September 9th event.

    tenly is right and you can't handle it.

    It is 2015 and you are still trying to pass on rumours as a factorial point?

    I can't handle what exactly? Your point is the only thing I can think of
  • Reply 87 of 93
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,150member
    jfanning wrote: »
    Apple TV. Apple doesn't do free hardware
    Completely lost you. Who is saying they would?
  • Reply 88 of 93
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post





    Completely lost you. Who is saying they would?



    Maybe he means that giving it away for the purchasing price of the components / without profit constitutes "for free"?

  • Reply 89 of 93
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    crowley wrote: »
    Completely lost you. Who is saying they would?

    Well don't you think they will lose some advantage when they have to put the price up to cater for these "controllers" they will be giving away? NZ$100 is a impulse purchase, NZ$200 isn't. Don't give away a controller, then you hit the FireTV problem of getting annoyed of having to spend more money to play a game
  • Reply 90 of 93
    davendaven Posts: 638member
    jfanning wrote: »
    I can't handle what exactly? Your point is the only thing I can think of

    I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Danny Partridge, The Partridge Family

    Have a nice day.
  • Reply 91 of 93
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,150member
    jfanning wrote: »
    Well don't you think they will lose some advantage when they have to put the price up to cater for these "controllers" they will be giving away? NZ$100 is a impulse purchase, NZ$200 isn't. Don't give away a controller, then you hit the FireTV problem of getting annoyed of having to spend more money to play a game
    This seems like rather a manufactured problem.

    How about this as a possible solution, two AppleTV packages at your casual purchase and casual purchase + NZD100 price points. The first has a remote which works with some basic games, but no gaming controller for the more "gamer" angle. But iOS devices also work as gaming controllers.
    The second ships with a gaming controller.

    Hey, I'm with you, I think the gaming angle of this is way overblown and will mostly be a waste of time. But the idea that this presents a price problem is a bit weird.
  • Reply 92 of 93
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    crowley wrote: »
    This seems like rather a manufactured problem.

    How about this as a possible solution, two AppleTV packages at your casual purchase and casual purchase + NZD100 price points. The first has a remote which works with some basic games, but no gaming controller for the more "gamer" angle. But iOS devices also work as gaming controllers.
    The second ships with a gaming controller.

    Hey, I'm with you, I think the gaming angle of this is way overblown and will mostly be a waste of time. But the idea that this presents a price problem is a bit weird.

    Yes, you are right with that. I see the Amazon FireTV as a good example of potential issues for this type of device. I would like to know how many controllers Amazon actually sells
Sign In or Register to comment.