Samsung offers iPhone users free 30-day test drive of new Galaxy handsets

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 80
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member

I'm guessing that Microsoft will be kicking themselves for not implementing this tactic first.

• Reply 62 of 80
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member

So, I am going through their promotion sign up pages, so that I can see all the different T&C and conditions and costs involved and see how it actually works with the SIM, etc.   I choose my carrier, AT&T, then they give me 3 devices to choose from:  Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge plus, and Galaxy Note 5.   I choose Note 5 and then continue.   "Sorry, that device is not available currently.  Please choose a different device or come back again later." or something to that effect.  So I choose S6 Edge plus or whatever it is called.  Same message.  Then I choose S6 Edge.  Same message.   So, at least for AT&T customers who might WANT to try this, they can't.  There are no devices at the moment on AT&T.

(And no, I am not interested in upgrading to Samsung, though if there is no cost and it does not take over my current number, I'd be willing to try it for 30 days as a secondary phone:  mostly to test some Android stuff being developed at work)

• Reply 63 of 80
    I wonder if you have to actually use your own carrier. I'm really not interested in giving up my iPhone, but I would like to see if T-Mobile has improved its coverage in my area (I currently have Verizon).
  • Reply 64 of 80
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member

So I tried every carrier and device combination and none of them are currently available.

• Reply 65 of 80
    chadbag wrote: »
    So I tried every carrier and device combination and none of them are currently available.

Samsung will declare that due to 'overwhelming demand' they are completely out of products to offer to iPhone users, the majority of whom (in the U.S.) are on AT&T. Clearly, a PR win for Samsung.
  • Reply 66 of 80
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Samsung will declare that due to 'overwhelming demand' they are completely out of products to offer to iPhone users, the majority of whom (in the U.S.) are on AT&T. Clearly, a PR win for Samsung.

And no one will question why they didn't release numbers. Because it's only a failure for Apple if no numbers are released.
  • Reply 67 of 80
    jungmark wrote: »
    And no one will question why they didn't release numbers. Because it's only a failure for Apple if no numbers are released.

Bad news sticks to Apple. Heck, I don't understand why Apple isn't getting dinged for how easy it is to bend (and break) the Galaxy S6 Edge.
  • Reply 68 of 80
    No thanks. Zero thanks. Negative thanks.
  • Reply 69 of 80
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    pigybank wrote: »
    No thanks. Zero thanks. Negative thanks.

Just for that you're getting two.
  • Reply 70 of 80
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

But your app purchase do not cross stores, so they transfer all your contacts and pictures and stuff but you have to buy all your apps again.

Android has yet to make it a seemless transition from one andriod phone to another, image what the meet will look like going from an iphone to an andriod. Hands down the fact I can upgrade my IOS software and devices and have it completely look the same 20 minutes later is a thing which I belive most people undervalue.

• Reply 71 of 80
    I was going to do it just to make Samsung pay for this, but not even worth my time.
  • Reply 72 of 80
    booboobooboo Posts: 49member

No thanks. I wouldn't want to spend the time learning how to use a phone I would never trust anyway.

• Reply 73 of 80
    cm477cm477 Posts: 99member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbag View Post

So, I am going through their promotion sign up pages, so that I can see all the different T&C and conditions and costs involved and see how it actually works with the SIM, etc.   I choose my carrier, AT&T, then they give me 3 devices to choose from:  Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge plus, and Galaxy Note 5.   I choose Note 5 and then continue.   "Sorry, that device is not available currently.  Please choose a different device or come back again later." or something to that effect.  So I choose S6 Edge plus or whatever it is called.  Same message.  Then I choose S6 Edge.  Same message.   So, at least for AT&T customers who might WANT to try this, they can't.  There are no devices at the moment on AT&T.

(And no, I am not interested in upgrading to Samsung, though if there is no cost and it does not take over my current number, I'd be willing to try it for 30 days as a secondary phone:  mostly to test some Android stuff being developed at work)

Darn. I was going to recommend that all iPhone users sign up for the test drive, and then put the phone in a drawer for a month just to mess with them. I guess they didn't plan on releasing too many demo units. 

• Reply 74 of 80
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    Moves of a desperate company....being punished by the markets for good reason.
  • Reply 75 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeRange View Post

Moves of a desperate company....being punished by the markets for good reason.

they are not pushed by the market. Market goes either towards quality (Apple, in this case), or cheap: Huawei etc.

I would more say, Samsung punished itself mainly through lack of vision.

• Reply 76 of 80

My Galaxy Popcorn machine can't keep up with this thread.

http://www.restaurantsupply.com/star-g18-y

• Reply 77 of 80
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    So Samsung tells Re/code they ran out of phones because of overwhelming demand. Haha yeah sure.
  • Reply 78 of 80
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member

Ha, they did just that today.
  • Reply 79 of 80
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    chadbag wrote: »
    Not that I plan on getting rid of my iPhone but I may do the test to test our android client we are having done for us. Have to go read the terms and conditions.

If anything, it's a good way to waste Samsung's money!
  • Reply 80 of 80
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    So, samesong sends iPhone user a phone directly from samesong. Probably program to get as much information from the user as possible. Knowing this shady company, there is more to it than just trying to sell a phone.

Are this "trial phones" going to count as shipped/sold Galaxy s6?