Rumor: New display with Force Touch could make 'iPhone 6s' slightly heftier

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,945member
    dtrace wrote: »
    "Thicker?!?...HEAVIER!!?!....Bring me an underling to berate so I can re-establish my superiority! It's what Steve would do!" -Jony Ive

Am I gonna have to add u to the block list?
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Apple really needs to work on eliminating all humans from the supply chain.

What about design?  A lot of leaks comes from engineers that work on various components.  The reason Samsung has learned from Apple so quickly is they always gets schematics after all they help Apple fab their SOCs.

• Reply 23 of 26
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member

Wasn't there a rumour/report about the 6S battery being smaller than that in the 6? If true, the weight might be virtually the same, if not lighter.

• Reply 24 of 26
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    sennen wrote: »
    Wasn't there a rumour/report about the 6S battery being smaller than that in the 6? If true, the weight might be virtually the same, if not lighter.

Yeah, too many unknowns at this point.

If I were making a bet I'd wager the new iPhone is slightly heavier due to the rumours that Apple is beefing up the casing a little due to the stupidity from last year about bendghazi, and use historical evidence to show that Apple hasn't had a problem in the past making iPhones slightly heavier YoY, even when using the same basic look again.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    solipsismy wrote: »
    Yeah, too many unknowns at this point.

If I were making a bet I'd wager the new iPhone is slightly heavier due to the rumours that Apple is beefing up the casing a little due to the stupidity from last year about bendghazi, and use historical evidence to show that Apple hasn't had a problem in the past making iPhones slightly heavier YoY, even when using the same basic look again.

Keep in mind that the "Bendgate" creep on YouTube allegedly has the new metal frame and it's thicker in the formerly weak spots, but still lighter overall...allegedly.