Alleged 'iPhone 6s' boxes claim to show new rose gold color, 16GB entry-level storage

Comments

• Reply 41 of 78
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cropr View Post

There is a important difference between Apple having the resources the make a quality product and the profit of Apple.  Apple needs a healthy margin to finance its R&D.  Once the R&D costs are subtracted from the margin, one gets the profit.  Profit as such is not needed to make a quality products, but margin is.

Yes, I'd suggest that within the overall cashflow, profits signify that safety margin to allow for a reliable R&D investment strategy.

• Reply 42 of 78
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member

Apple isn't catering to the "light use market". Apple is being cheap in my personal opinion.

It would cost them next to nothing to offer 32 GB standard. 

It's a minimal additional expense for Apple that barely touches their profit margin. There's no excuse for 16 except wanting you to pay more.

• Reply 43 of 78
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    512ke wrote: »
    16GB. Meet the new iPhone 6s. <span style="line-height:1.4em;">It all all the storage YOU NEED, to hold up to FOUR movies, TWO HD videos, FIVE high definition photos, and THREE apps.</span>

Your friends with their entry level Samsung Galaxy S6's that have 32 GB standard memory will die with envy! Because YOU, like a capuchin monk have transcended the need to collect, own and store things. <span style="line-height:1.4em;">YOU have discovered the secret to happiness, by divesting yourself of all those apps, games, videos, pictures and other worldly stuff.</span>

Am I being sarcastic? Yeah. But Apple deserves some ridicule if they're offering a 16 GB phone in late 2015.

Edit: 6s. The s stands for "stingy on storage" lol
    yup it is stupid. I've used 16GB model so far with around 100 apps, few GB of pictures and media while still have 2-3GB left. Pictures stored full frame on iCloud and optimized copies locally. Music is streamed. Oh, storing HD movies in a phone is more than just stupid. If people want to do that, spend $100 more for 64GB.
  • Reply 44 of 78
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by konqerror View Post

Hardly stupid. People will be forced to buy the mid-tier model, the average selling price of an iPhone will shoot up by 15%, the stock will skyrocket because of analyst reports of growth in a mature market, and Tim Cook will get his big bonus. See how it works?

Because having a cartel of wealthy, state-connected families who genuinely do nothing and simply collect the "taxes" from state-sponsored technology companies which repackage open source software inside knock-off cases for customers who only care about cheap is a better alternative?

• Reply 45 of 78
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Inkling View Post

One of the weaknesses of a touch interface over a mouse has always been that there was no equivalent of hover. This would get Force Touch devices that feature. Nifty!

Hover effects and/or features you can only discover by hovering the mouse cursor over various things has to be the single worst UI paradigm ever created.  I hope it never comes to iOS where intuitiveness and discoverability are paramount.

• Reply 46 of 78
    cropr wrote: »

As an app developer I buy every year a new iPhone. And because a few GB is more than enough to test my apps, my wallet is much happier with an iPhone with 16GB 

Don't say that too loud to Rogifan, he is such an incredible power user
    that 16GB isn't enough for the thousands of words he spends in complaint posts each day.

This is a guy who just screams 'productivity' and
    only Google and Microsoft can offer him cloud options large enough
    to handle the epic storage of all those whining rants.

:smokey:
  • Reply 47 of 78

Always interesting to watch consumers argue they should get less for their money. Only blind love for a company can justify that logic. 

• Reply 48 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

Always interesting to watch consumers argue they should get less for their money. Only blind love for a company can justify that logic. 

Oh yes, we're all blind sheeple, stupid fanboys and we shouldn't be allowed to make our own buying decisions nor place value on anything we own, unless it's been validated by an exclusive group of self-appointed haughty individuals who have declared themselves to be the only ones worthy of these special positions in life. We bow in their presence, in a show of utter reverence, please enlighten us.

• Reply 50 of 78
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Yes yes yes

http://mashable.com/2015/09/08/16gb-iphone-must-die/

Already dead to me: I've never bought the low storage end iPhones due to my music library and experience with iPods.

Yay me.

Now can we get back to complaining about no removable storage and no removable battery. And how about it's entire lack of usability as a dive computer?

• Reply 51 of 78
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    atlapple wrote: »

Ah but they're perfectly happy getting 64 for the price of 32. Getting more for less is OK then. Just for some reason it's not at the low end. I know why it's not for Apple ($$$). But I don't know why consumers would defend it.
  • Reply 52 of 78
    Quote:

Ah but they're perfectly happy getting 64 for the price of 32. Getting more for less is OK then. Just for some reason it's not at the low end. I know why it's not for Apple ($$$). But I don't know why consumers would defend it.

I think it's more a case of being sick of hearing complaints like this over and over. It's a perfectly suited for MacRumors, but I stopped going there because of the attitudes that accompany such whinging. Look at the thread here, people who disagree are being labelled fanboys, and that's never a good sign.

• Reply 53 of 78
    Quote:

The increase in the quality of the camera and the level of videos the phone can take is enough to justify 16GB is simply not enough unless it's for a ten year old and it's his first iPhone. 

• Reply 54 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by williamlondon View Post

Oh yes, we're all blind sheeple, stupid fanboys and we shouldn't be allowed to make our own buying decisions nor place value on anything we own, unless it's been validated by an exclusive group of self-appointed haughty individuals who have declared themselves to be the only ones worthy of these special positions in life. We bow in their presence, in a show of utter reverence, please enlighten us.

Your words not mine I won't disagree with you. 

• Reply 55 of 78
    Quote:

Your words not mine I won't disagree with you. 

:p

• Reply 56 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by williamlondon View Post

I think it's more a case of being sick of hearing complaints like this over and over. It's a perfectly suited for MacRumors, but I stopped going there because of the attitudes that accompany such whinging. Look at the thread here, people who disagree are being labelled fanboys, and that's never a good sign.

Kind of like being sick of hearing people justify why it's okay over and over. Just like people will argue to their dying breath 1GB of Ram is okay until Apple decides to give 2GB of Ram then and only then will they agree 1GB isn't enough. For some nothing is every a good idea unless Apple deems it's a good idea. Better camera quality, higher quality videos, larger games, larger apps have all made 16GB simple not enough for anyone that really wants to use their phone. For a 10 year old kid yeah maybe. 

• Reply 57 of 78

It's all about profits, Tim Cook is very good at growing profits for Apple.  If only he could share some of that back to the stock holders who maybe unhappy the stock is going nowhere lately.

It would smart for Apple to double the space for the entry priced model.  Which I believe iPhone 7 they will make 32/64/128GB only since most Android devices already starts at 32GB these days it's only natural for Apple to match features when competition arises.

• Reply 58 of 78
    Quote:

Kind of like being sick of hearing people justify why it's okay over and over. Just like people will argue to their dying breath 1GB of Ram is okay until Apple decides to give 2GB of Ram then and only then will they agree 1GB isn't enough. For some nothing is every a good idea unless Apple deems it's a good idea. Better camera quality, higher quality videos, larger games, larger apps have all made 16GB simple not enough for anyone that really wants to use their phone. For a 10 year old kid yeah maybe. 

I get it, anyone who disagrees with you is a fanboy. When you can't adequately defend your position, throw a label at your opponent so at least your mirror reflects something stronger.

• Reply 59 of 78
    Hope the upcoming iPhone 6s and 6s Plus will bring some change from their predecessors, Also read this story here as well
    http://thunderztech.com/leaked-images-of-iphone-6s-box-showing-animated-backgrounds/
  • Reply 60 of 78
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member

I don't agree with name calling. But perhaps then you'll also call out those who claim anyone who doesn't just cough up $100 more for 64GB is "cheap". Perhaps you can explain why people here are perfectly fine with Apple giving us 64 for the price of 32 but 32 for the price of 16 is sacrilege. Of course I know why Apple doesn't do it; 32 is the sweet spot and it would be harder to upsell people to more expensive models and thus harder to increase ASPs and margins. But most people here aren't arguing that point, they're arguing that 16 is good enough and if it's not don't be a cheap bastard and just upgrade.