First look: Apple's iPhone 6s, iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, Apple TV & more

Comments

• Reply 21 of 45
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by koop View Post

Apple Watch improved upon the Gear Watch and Android Wear. 

You must be on drug. Entire Gear watch and android wear were created based on the rumor of Apple Watch so called "iWatch" at the time. Why? It's because Apple registered the name iWatch and the rumor started since. Samsung then jumped out to create POS Gear which no one wore and claimed to be first, then bunch of mediocre android wear followed the suit. The point is that entire android wear including Samsung Gear were created without any foundation of uses beside notification and telling time, so they all were shit and useless or got zero traction. When Apple Watch came out with whole bunch of usage applications from fitness tracking, health monitoring to medical assistant, digital payment and even fashion, android wear seems to get some ideas.

• Reply 22 of 45
    koopkoop Posts: 337member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Let me put it this way for some idiots saying that Apple is playing catch up to others:

1. Apple came out with multi-touch tablet called iPad, then others follows.

2. Tablet keyboard: many vendors already made them for iPad before Surface came out with one.

3. Stylus: it's been around forever. 

So, Microsoft combines a multitouch tablet with a tablet keyboard and modern stylus in Surface, but it doesn't give them a fucking credit as a creator of a hybrid tablet. Get it, Koop?

No one claimed Apple was the first in any product category. However, no can deny that Apple create a product and implement the technologies that works so well together that set the par for others to beat.

Ad Hominem to start.

Read what I have already stated. iPad was a pioneer of modern tablet design.

Microsoft actually was the pioneer of hybrid tablets along with OEMs. 

People absolutely do claim that.

• Reply 23 of 45
    Quote:

You must be on drug. Entire Gear watch and android wear were created based on the rumor of Apple Watch so called "iWatch" at the time. Why? It's because Apple registered the name iWatch and the rumor started since. Samsung then jumped out to create POS Gear which no one wore and claimed to be first, then bunch of mediocre android wear followed the suit. The point is that entire android wear including Samsung Gear were created without any foundation of uses beside notification and telling time, so they all were shit and useless or got zero traction. When Apple Watch came out with whole bunch of usage applications from fitness tracking, health monitoring to medical assistant, digital payment and even fashion, android wear seems to get some ideas.

Oh that makes sense. Rumors and unreleased products are innovation.

• Reply 24 of 45
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BadFlounder View Post

@koop I think you are missing a lot in your analysis. For one thing, there are no TV's with 'apps' as comparable to the App Store, or even the Google Apps catalog. That's the point Apple is making. Remember how there were products with apps before the iPhone? Because there were, but it was a disjointed mess. That's also what TV apps are like now, and what Apple is looking to exploit.

I agree, Apple TV will likely have a robust app catalogue. But I don't think you've used a Fire TV. The features and app support are already well baked.

I agree that Apple polishes existing products. They are not leading or spearheading anything new or exciting and haven't in years.

• Reply 25 of 45
    Quote:

Are you smoking something? When Siri came out, there was no single Voice Assistant (yes, I capitalize it) out there except voice commands which all were shit. It's like talking to human with Siri vs talking to a robot with other voice commands where you must gave correct command for it to perform the task.

When you say playing catch up, list the details because claiming things in general doesn't give you any credit but troll. BTW, stop bring Google Now to compare with Siri or I'm going to slap you with wet noodles. Google Now didn't exist when Siri came out. Google laughed at Apple about Siri and 2 years later, they released the fucking same thing called "Google Now". So, give us a valid argument or just STFU.

I'm talking about Apple just implementing these features. Not the digital assistant on iPhone or iPad:

https://blog.roku.com/blog/2015/05/07/the-roku-feed-and-voice-search-now-available-through-the-roku-mobile-app-for-android-and-ios

https://support.google.com/googletv/answer/2853568?hl=en

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/06/google-announce-improvements-to-android-tv-voice-search.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201497650

• Reply 26 of 45
    pmz wrote: »
    DOES IT FUCKING MATTER? NO

YES IT DOES FUCKING MATTER.

Just saying...
  • Reply 27 of 45

Hey, I am listening that Apple makes one app, which easy sharing android to use phone.

Anybody knows about this app...

• Reply 28 of 45

All the Apple product superb, but i am happy that Apple announce that one thing his make one app, which easy to sharing android images and songs in Ios iPhone.

• Reply 29 of 45

If AppleTV is the future of TV, how come it's only 1080p and not 4K? Netflix are already providing 4K content so this seems like a big omission, especially as UHD TV's are available for reasonable money and their prices are falling all the time. It would also make sense to be able to view via your AppleTV all the amazing 4K videos shot and edited on your iPhone 6s.

• Reply 30 of 45
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    goofy1958 wrote: »
    Wow, the Apple haters are out in full force today.

They're always out in force. And after 10 years of it they've still yet to learn. Apple TV is more than a product—it's a platform. iPad Pro is for professionals who need true precision on a thin, light, portable, sizeable touch screen for designing or shaping whatever it is they're doing. Expect this to be a huge platform for them going forward in several niche and not-so-niche markets. This is going to depend greatly on professional developer support, so we'll see over time. And iPhone 6s is a solid s update, as usual.

What I'm looking forward to personally in the future though is what Apple does in the television hardware space. If they can offer a compelling TV Show bundle and can offer a 2 or 3-year contract they can use to subsidise an actual TV that would interest me greatly. They could even use it to subsidise the Apple TV box by offering it for free on contract. Hopefully that's what they are waiting for before announcing TV hardware: a buzzing Apple TV app ecosystem and a subscription TV service.
  • Reply 31 of 45
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jotbolger View Post

If AppleTV is the future of TV, how come it's only 1080p and not 4K? Netflix are already providing 4K content so this seems like a big omission, especially as UHD TV's are available for reasonable money and their prices are falling all the time. It would also make sense to be able to view via your AppleTV all the amazing 4K videos shot and edited on your iPhone 6s.

The A8 cannot handle 4k in terms of the UI, games and apps. There is no mobile processor that can do 4k well. Nvidia Shield is the only game in town, but that's just for a few services like Netflix. Not anything else with the machine.

I've done research on 4k and every tech enthusiast who specializes in television have all come out and have basically told people to not bother until other technologies are implemented. I've heard things along the lines of cheaper 4k TVs not having the correct inputs to support upcoming 4k hardware, having lackluster motion technology that causes exacerbated blur that distorts the 4k picture the second anything moves on screen. Then there's the fact that technologies like quantum dot and HDR are much more effective tools to improve the quality of TV.

So no, I cannot fault them for hanging back while TV's and media play catch up. A couple years from now when they do another refresh, they'll have the processor muscle and the proper market support to put in 4k, and it'll look beautiful with the better but less marketable technologies in TVs as well.

• Reply 32 of 45

@koop  Haa, you sound exactly like people did 100 years ago when the first iPod was presented.

Of course, Apple didn't invent the first computer, the graphical OS, the music player, the phone, the tablet, the watch etc. But they sure did revolutionize the usability for all of them. So much that these devices actually started to provide a net benefit for their users.

Soon, Apple will reinvent the car and the VR goggles too. So koop, I suggest you copy and paste your comments to reuse them for that moment as well. That is, if you can figure out how to manage those commands on your Windroid thingy.

• Reply 33 of 45
    pmz wrote: »
    DOES IT FUCKING MATTER? NO
    Woah - so much anger...

But yes, IT DOES FUCKING MATTER! lol

No more reloading of Safari tabs, and losing the paused status in Apple Music, or Podcasts, or Youtube is a GOOD FUCKING THING!
  • Reply 34 of 45
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

Hey @AppleInsider Staff how was the tip feel against the glass? Is it slippy plastic to glass, or is it slightly rubbery with some friction?

This.

EDIT:

Also, as I predicted, Wacom is fucked.

• Reply 35 of 45
    cornchip wrote: »

This.

EDIT:

Also, as I predicted, Wacom is fucked.

Wacom's product line is multifaceted and multi-platform. So I'm not sure your prediction will be realised.
  • Reply 36 of 45
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LighteningKid View Post

Anyway, what were the writers' actual impressions of the products? Is the new Apple TV exciting? Is the iPad Pro made of butterflies and rainbows?

I had the same reaction.

I read this article hoping to get the writers' reactions to trying out the products hands-on. I watched the full keynote, so nothing in this article was useful to me.

I guess I should've read more into the "First look" title. Was hoping for a "First impressions" article.

• Reply 37 of 45
    I loved how the audience laughed when he announced Apple Pencil.
  • Reply 38 of 45
    jotbolger wrote: »

All that amazing 52" 4K TV watched from across the room?
  • Reply 39 of 45
    sirlance99 wrote: »
    I loved how the audience laughed when he announced Apple Pencil.

And then they're wowed. :)
  • Reply 40 of 45
    Quote:

Originally Posted by koop View Post

I agree, Apple TV will likely have a robust app catalogue. But I don't think you've used a Fire TV. The features and app support are already well baked.

I agree that Apple polishes existing products. They are not leading or spearheading anything new or exciting and haven't in years.

I have a FireTV, a 2nd gen Apple TV, and a 3rd Gen Apple TV. The 2nd gen Apple TV runs circles around the Fire TV. Sure the Fire TV had an app store first, but it is covered with ads, it is slow, and it is a pain to use, even with voice search. I would definitely not call the Fire TV "well baked."