Apple's iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus now available for preorder

Comments

• Reply 41 of 151
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    I used the Apple Store app with my 6 Plus, but when the store wasn't responding at 3:04 I peeked with Safari into Apple.com and saw the store was live so I relaunched the app and was in at 3:05 eastern time and had a confirmation in my email inbox at 3:10....
  • Reply 42 of 151
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    jellybelly wrote: »
    I clicked the link on the Apple site at 12:01 and the page still has not come up 48 minutes later.

After 5 minutes, I thought I'd give the AT&T site a try. I was on hold there for a few minutes. When the AT&T site was ready for me, the shipping estimate was already at October 16th to October 25th. How could that be?

I'll be a little annoyed if I could have just gone to the local Apple Store on September 25th and picked one up. I will be across the country Sept. 30th to Oct. 8th. I really wanted to have the new 6s Plus before the trip so I could use it for some photography. How did you guys get a Sept. 25th delivery date?
    beside 6S+ 64GB Rose, others are still available for 9/25 as of now.
  • Reply 43 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jellybelly View Post

I clicked the link on the Apple site at 12:01 and the page still has not come up 48 minutes later.

After 5 minutes, I thought I'd give the AT&T site a try. I was on hold there for a few minutes. When the AT&T site was ready for me, the shipping estimate was already at October 16th to October 25th. How could that be?

I'll be a little annoyed if I could have just gone to the local Apple Store on September 25th and picked one up. I will be across the country Sept. 30th to Oct. 8th. I really wanted to have the new 6s Plus before the trip so I could use it for some photography. How did you guys get a Sept. 25th delivery date?

I pondered that.  my apple store is an hour away from home, and a bit  out of my way from work.  So I went shippage, and hoping it actually ships early;-) [Fed Ex...  impress me!]

• Reply 44 of 151
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

I used the Apple Store app with my 6 Plus, but when the store wasn't responding at 3:04 I peeked with Safari into Apple.com and saw the store was live so I relaunched the app and was in at 3:05 eastern time.

I just kept going back to the home screen and then double pushing home and selecting the Apple Store app and it would refresh when it came back... 

• Reply 45 of 151
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member

need to go to bed...   At least I am not East Coast and almost 4am :-)

Full day tomorrow.

No more AI posting...

go to bed...

ahhhhhhh

• Reply 46 of 151
    chadbag wrote: »
    need to go to bed...   At least I am not East Coast and almost 4am :-)

Full day tomorrow.

No more AI posting...

go to bed...

ahhhhhhh
    rose gold dream
  • Reply 47 of 151
    chadbag wrote: »

Or try the iOS Apple Store app.  That is how I got it done in just a couple minutes

plus Apple pay is a breeze.
  • Reply 48 of 151
    Just like I predicted 64GB rose gold 6S+ was gone within 60 min.
    Actually, all Rose gold 6S+ were gone before 60 minutes. 64GB was gone in the first 30 minutes.
  • Reply 49 of 151

Is there a way to CANCEL my pre-order made via the Apple Store app?

Similar to others above, I use AT&T and wanted to pay $299 upfront, but the only options were full-price or NEXT.  I chose NEXT but later realized that I could order via the AT&T website.  How do I cancel my Apple pre-order?  Can't find that option...

• Reply 50 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Just like I predicted 64GB rose gold 6S+ was gone within 60 min.

Interesting...I just looked 1:10amPDT, and 64 RG6S+ was there, but the 128RG6s+was 'shipping 2-3 weeks'

• Reply 51 of 151
    roakeroake Posts: 811member

I tried the Apple.com site, the Apple Store app, and the ATT.com site.

The Apple Store app was the first to be responsive, but seemed to have errors.

The first where I could place the actual order was on the Apple.com site.  Gold 6S+ 128gb delivering 9/25.  I paid the full price up front.

The, finally the ATT site came up.  Seems that you can get the same phone through AT&T, keep your grandfathered plan (I have unlimited plan), and sign a 2-year deal to lower the price by $500.  I went ahead and ordered here as well (I simply used another of the phones on my account to upgrade).  Says delivery 10/16, however.

My question is this... why was the 2-year contract not an option through Apple.com like it was every previous year?

I'm hopeful that I can work all this in such a way as to get the phone with the $500 contract, and also have it 9/25.  I'll be getting a refund on one of the phones.  I have a couple weeks to think about it. 

Unrelated, but I just noted (312am CST) that our local Apple Store has sold out of all 6S Plus 128gb model reservations, and are out of Rose Gold and Space Gray 64gb versions.  All flavors of 16gb are available.

In the 6S models, only the 128gb Rose Gold is sold out.  Everything else is available for reservation.

• Reply 52 of 151

Ugh just sat on hold for T Mobile for a full hour and finally got a hold of someone. Trying to order the iPhone 6s 64GB in rose gold. He could not confirm the order for me but told me they are starting to submit the orders and then calling people back sometime later to confirm the order. I am assuming this means they are out of their original stock. But that's pure speculation. What a pain in the butt.

• Reply 53 of 151
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    slprescott wrote: »
    Is there a way to CANCEL my pre-order made via the Apple Store app?

Similar to others above, I use AT&T and wanted to pay $299 upfront, but the only options were full-price or NEXT.  I chose NEXT but later realized that I could order via the AT&T website.  How do I cancel my Apple pre-order?  Can't find that option...
    The instructions are at the bottom of your confirmation email.
  • Reply 54 of 151
    Interesting...I just looked 1:10amPDT, and 64 RG6S+ was there, but the 128RG6s+was 'shipping 2-3 weeks'
    i meant delivered on 9/25.
  • Reply 55 of 151

Looks like they have a good stock allocation here in the UK, ordered a 128GB 6s in Silver at 8:40ish and still have 25th September delivery...

• Reply 56 of 151

Ordering was easy this year. iPhone 6s Rose Gold 64GB for my daughter and iPhone 6s Plus Space Gray 64GB for me. I did it through Verizon.com which isn't that great most of the time but all was good.

• Reply 57 of 151
    thehecta wrote: »
    Ugh just sat on hold for T Mobile for a full hour and finally got a hold of someone. Trying to order the iPhone 6s 64GB in rose gold. He could not confirm the order for me but told me they are starting to submit the orders and then calling people back sometime later to confirm the order. I am assuming this means they are out of their original stock. But that's pure speculation. What a pain in the butt.
    I can't believe in 2015, there's still someone ordering through phone. Should use iOS app and get it done in 2 min.
  • Reply 58 of 151
    Based on the posts I've read, it is great to see that Rose Gold is such a huge hit!
  • Reply 59 of 151
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

I don't want one. It's too big for me to use one-handed. I'll wait for the iPhone 6C. Until then, I'll make do with my iPhone 5S, though I would really like Apple Pay support.

Buy Apple Watch. In addition to Apple Pay you'll also get better health. :D

• Reply 60 of 151
    mcarling wrote: »
    I don't want one. It's too big for me to use one-handed. I'll wait for the iPhone 6C. Until then, I'll make do with my iPhone 5S, though I would really like Apple Pay support.
    6C? From Ming Chi Kuo, maybe.