Apple's iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus now available for preorder

Comments

• Reply 101 of 151
    Apple web store in China is crazy. I want to buy 1 iPhone 6S plus. But I always get session timeout error. Finally it create 20 orders forand charge me 20 times. Now I even do not know how to cancel these orders!

Lots of customer in China encountered same problem! Lots lots of duplicated iPhone orders!
  • Reply 102 of 151
    reklss41 wrote: »
    Wow, apple website saying no option for discounted upgrade on my grandfathered unlimited subsidized plan. Only options was full price or NEXT. Had to order through ATT website! Anyone else get this? 
    Yep did it through att for the first time , hope they don't screw with my unlimited plan or anything
  • Reply 103 of 151
    That's right. Only way to get a subsidized ATT iPhone 6S/Plus is on the ATT.com website.
  • Reply 104 of 151
    Apple web store in China is crazy. I want to buy 1 iPhone 6S plus. But I always get session timeout error. Finally it create 20 orders forand charge me 20 times. Now I even do not know how to cancel these orders!

Lots of customer in China encountered same problem! Lots lots of duplicated iPhone orders!
  • Reply 105 of 151
    mechanic wrote: »

This is because ATT changed there policy it was all over the websites about 2 months ago, 
    It is ATT's fault not apples. ATT will not let anyone 3rd party including Apple sell on a 2 year subsidized contract anymore.  To get the 2 year you have to go directly to ATT. (Im on ATT by the way and I have a grandfathered unlimited plan)
    Simply put ATT and all of the carriers are pushing to get rid of the subsidized plans altogether and making you purchase the phone outright through ATT Next. Check here: [URL=http:/2015/05/21/apple-att-drop-two-year-contracts/]http://************/2015/05/21/apple-att-drop-two-year-contracts/[/URL]
                                                  nine to 5 mac
    You can still get the ATT subsidized price and a new 2-yr contract ONLY ON THE ATT.com website. I paid $499, $83 CA Sales Tax plus a $45 ATT upgrade tax. Kept my grandfathered unlimited and will buy Applecare Plus from Apple for $130 after I get the 128GB Space Gray iPhone 6S Plus working. Saved $405 off list. Finished order at 12:21 am PDT. Delivery direct from Apple scheduled for October 16-23.
  • Reply 106 of 151

My experience was not great.

- Apple Site was AVAILABLE at 2 AM CDT as they claimed. The access denied issue they had earlier in the night was a black-eye for their IT department.

- I used my iPhone Apple Store App and attempted to buy that way when it finally was a available a few minutes after 2 AM CDT.

- I am on AT&T and while they quickly verified and added a iPhone 6s Plus 128GB Space Grey with a 9/25 delivery, I could not complete the order because they kept saying they couldn't get all the information from AT&T. I repeated this for over a half hour with no success.

- Meanwhile I went to the AT&T site where I was able to complete my order for the iPhone 6s Plus 128GB Space Grey in just a couple of minutes (done my 2:10 AM CDT). BUT the AT&T site stated all iPhone 6s Plus models were available in mid-October. I do not know when the AT&T site came up for orders, if it was before 2 AM CDT and they actually sold out of their initial stock.

?- You can't use the Apple Store App for the "In-Store-Pickup" option. That is what I wanted but with the web site down it was not available.

• Reply 107 of 151
    Wow - the pink (aka rose gold) appears to be quite popular. Because of the color self or because of the fact you can see from a distance it's the 6s and not the 6?

it's a bogus meme that people buy Apple stuff to show it off. people buy what they like. that it's a new material just makes it more appealing to the buyer because newness stimulates the senses more than familiarity (aka "strange").
  • Reply 108 of 151
    slprescott wrote: »
    Why are these called PRE-orders?

They seem like regular "orders", scheduled to arrive 9/25 or later. I guess the "pre" means "before they are available for delivery", but to me they're still just orders.

they're pre orders because it's not available in retail yet. that's what it means.
  • Reply 109 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Brennan View Post

I will be tracking the worldwide ship dates for the iPhone 6s & 6s plus live here for anyone interested:

http://iphone-inventory.blogspot.com/2015/09/iphone-6s-pre-order-tracker.html

Updated every 10-15 minutes.

Very Nice! If I read this correctly, looks like it has already been a great hit in China (if I understand the pre-order started at the same time everywhere). Secondly, Gold Rose seems to be a hit too and 6s Plus too (people are really digging the bigger phone - I still prefer 6s).

In US, the story seems different. Though, looks like Sprint's purchasing model, which almost matches Apple iPhone Upgrade seems to be the hit. Followed by T-Mobile. AT&T and Verizon, looks like your fancy and complex buying experience is going to cause some problem. It is time for you to loosen up - Stop holding people hostage with those unnecessary fees and holding features or charging extra for them for no reason (Wifi calling, charging for hot spotting, etc)

• Reply 110 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by reklss41 View Post

Wow, apple website saying no option for discounted upgrade on my grandfathered unlimited subsidized plan. Only options was full price or NEXT. Had to order through ATT website! Anyone else get this? 

Yes. Had that problem last year. Probably best to visit your local ATT store to get it worked out.  We had a heck of a time undoing that and ended up buying the phones outright.

• Reply 111 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

I can't believe in 2015, there's still someone ordering through phone. Should use iOS app and get it done in 2 min.

I'm sorry, was there another option to pre-order through T-Mobile with Jump on Demand? Other than through the phone at 12:01 AM? Let me know FallenJT

• Reply 112 of 151
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JollyPaul View Post

Copper would have been great. The reality is beige, pink and two shades of gray.

Your brain may be perceiving it differently than mine does. But that's OK.

• Reply 113 of 151
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

From what I've seen -- Areola may be closer to the real color  image

That is really a function of one's skin tone. But now we may be wandering into a territory that I'd prefer to stay away from... :)

• Reply 114 of 151

Apparently, all pre-orders were completely sold out in China in 12 hours: http://fortune.com/2015/09/12/iphone6s-china-sold-out/

• Reply 115 of 151

Silver 6s 128GB  Unlocked  ordered via the app - wife is getting my beloved 5s. Can't wait! :D

• Reply 116 of 151
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    ???? I have to wait for the 7! Locked in a two year contract. :\
  • Reply 117 of 151

These really are great looking phones, and I'm due for the upgrade from my 5s that I really like. Gotta save up a few quid first, then go shopping in December. I've always done the 2 year contracts with AT&T. I figure if I'm gonna have the service for 2 years away...what's the down side?

• Reply 118 of 151
    eightzero wrote: »
    These really are great looking phones, and I'm due for the upgrade from my 5s that I really like. Gotta save up a few quid first, then go shopping in December. I've always done the 2 year contracts with AT&T. I figure if I'm gonna have the service for 2 years away...what's the down side?

Historically, it allows them to not have to compete as hard once they get you as a customer because you're effectively locked in for 24 months. If you keep your device for more than probably the first 18 months, especially if it's beyond your contract date, you still lay the same amount because your monthly payment doesn't change once you pay it off. It's per profit for them at that point.

Do you buy AC+ so you can get 2 years factory with your iPhone, as well as the accidental breakage coverage? If so, you may want to run the numbers with Apple's Upgrade Program.
  • Reply 119 of 151
    macwiz44 wrote: »
    My experience was not great.
    - Apple Site was AVAILABLE at 2 AM CDT as they claimed. The access denied issue they had earlier in the night was a black-eye for their IT department.
    - I used my iPhone Apple Store App and attempted to buy that way when it finally was a available a few minutes after 2 AM CDT.
    - I am on AT&T and while they quickly verified and added a iPhone 6s Plus 128GB Space Grey with a 9/25 delivery, I could not complete the order because they kept saying they couldn't get all the information from AT&T. I repeated this for over a half hour with no success.
    - Meanwhile I went to the AT&T site where I was able to complete my order for the iPhone 6s Plus 128GB Space Grey in just a couple of minutes (done my 2:10 AM CDT). BUT the AT&T site stated all iPhone 6s Plus models were available in mid-October. I do not know when the AT&T site came up for orders, if it was before 2 AM CDT and they actually sold out of their initial stock.
    ?- You can't use the Apple Store App for the "In-Store-Pickup" option. That is what I wanted but with the web site down it was not available.

I have a in store reservation to pick my 6s+ up on 9/25 if T-Mobile change my shipping date to October. I didn't have any problem setting that up in the Apple Store app.
  • Reply 120 of 151
    eightzero wrote: »

Your monthly service is more expensive and ends up costing more than the discount you get through contract.