Steve Jobs left Apple on his own, wasn't forced out, Wozniak says

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 142
    Flyguy4949Flyguy4949 Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I don't think Sculky and Woz characterized it correctly even if they both are technically accurate about Jobs not being officially ford or asked to see Rep down. It's embarrassing to kick out a founder and he was the Chairman of the Board for a time a time, too.
    But as with most company's, most senior executives leave Sol after a demotion. The demotion. Happened more quickly than the person has had a chance to loom for a new job. Who goes from leading product developer,ent to nothing? It's embarrassing to show up to work an not have anything to do. 
    He was forgotten but not forced out. The board didn't think he would up and leave, but they weren't planning on utilizing him didn't think to find a way to tide him over or at least allow him a way back in (if that was even possible given their impasse over MacIntosh and Apple 2)
    if Scully had been removed from the position he had, you can bet he would have been sendng out his resume.
  • Reply 142 of 142
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    rcfa said:
    imember wrote: »
    The guy who invented the freaking personal computer itself is far from a "moron."

What have you accomplished to compare to that?

If i was Steve Jobs business partner i would it accomplish more than that loser..even a monkey could create a computer if he has great teacher, and i'm pretty sure the first real modern computers were Macintosh I and II (the original iMac and Mac Pro)

Gosh, 12 year olds speaking.
    Apple I and Apple II have nothing to do with Mac I & II; it's the Apple II which let Apple grow and made Apple enough cash that pursuing a Project like the Lisa and then the inferior, but cheaper Mac were even an option.
    Woz WAS THE TEACHER, if anything, Jobs was the student; jobs was a little electronics tinkerer, WOZ designed entire circuit boards and chips.
    Even the Mac's floppy controller board/chip were designed by Woz...

Woz understands more of the value of open systems, Jobs understands there's more money to be made holding customers data hostage in a closed system.

Closed iPhones are so "great" you can't get rid of zombie apps without starting from scratch, rearranging hundreds of apps manually again, and loosing years of call history and messages.
    In an open system one could nuke some ill behaved files, fix some preference files, etc. and carry on with life.
    The idea that a real computing platform like the iPad Pro aspires to be, is fully closed and is based on the idea of "trust us (Apple), but don't verify", and the concept that everything always works as designed, or else the only solution is to set up the entire system from scratch again, that is what I call scary, and it's Jobs' ideas of toaster-like computers taken ad absurdum.
    I much rather have Woz more say and have systems that are empowering their users.
    rcfa said:
    imember wrote: »
    The guy who invented the freaking personal computer itself is far from a "moron."

What have you accomplished to compare to that?

If i was Steve Jobs business partner i would it accomplish more than that loser..even a monkey could create a computer if he has great teacher, and i'm pretty sure the first real modern computers were Macintosh I and II (the original iMac and Mac Pro)

Gosh, 12 year olds speaking.
    Apple I and Apple II have nothing to do with Mac I & II; it's the Apple II which let Apple grow and made Apple enough cash that pursuing a Project like the Lisa and then the inferior, but cheaper Mac were even an option.
    Woz WAS THE TEACHER, if anything, Jobs was the student; jobs was a little electronics tinkerer, WOZ designed entire circuit boards and chips.
    Even the Mac's floppy controller board/chip were designed by Woz...

I know a few geeks of that period and know of more that were genius. Woz might have been exceptional but still only one of dozens.  

There were only two geek visionaries that made a significant mark on technology Steve Jobs and Bill Gates.  

Without Jobs, Woz would have ended up less well known than Tim Patterson.  Without Woz, Steve would have found another Woz.