Pope visit might delay iPhone 6s preorder deliveries in NYC, Apple says

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2015
Apple on Tuesday sent out emails to an unknown number of customers living in New York City, warning them that their iPhone 6s preorders might not arrive on time due to "traffic restrictions" thought to be associated with the Pope's visit to the city this Friday.

It seems Apple is expecting Pope Francis' U.S. tour to have an impact on iPhone 6s launch day deliveries, as the company is directly warning customers in certain zip codes that they may not receive their preorder on Friday, reports The Verge.
Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your recent Apple Store purchase.

Your iPhone 6s 64GB Rose Gold is scheduled for delivery on Friday, September 25th. However, due to traffic restrictions expected for that day in New York City, your delivery may be delayed.

If we're unable to complete the delivery on Friday, we'll also be making Saturday deliveries at most locations.

To track your package, please visit UPS with your tracking number: XXXX.

We know you're looking forward to receiving your new iPhone, and we apologize if your order is affected.

Sincerely,

Apple
While Apple falls short of blaming the delay on the Pope's visit, shipping provider UPS said as much when it issued a warning regarding Friday deliveries earlier this week. Apple is currently in the process of shipping out what is thought to be millions of iPhone 6s units to preorder customers around the world ahead of a scheduled simultaneous launch on Friday.

The huge logistical undertaking resulted in a slip up on Monday when a customer in California received their rose gold iPhone 6s preorder nearly five days early.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Reply 2 of 29
    When I first glanced at the headline I thought the Pope was delaying his visit in NYC to take delivery of an iPhone 6s. What model would he choose, posters?
  • Reply 3 of 29
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member

How about they just let the orders be delivered early? Most are already sitting at nearby hubs. Unacceptable otherwise.

• Reply 4 of 29
    Drones. Although...
  • Reply 5 of 29
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Why can't they delay the pope's delivery?

He's not as important. :|
  • Reply 6 of 29
    Appropriate, seeing as he's here to rail against capitalism and air conditioning and progress and whatever else is on the menu.
  • Reply 7 of 29
    dreyfus2dreyfus2 Posts: 1,072member

Where is Bill Maher when you need him most?

• Reply 8 of 29
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Zips in Philadelphia are delayed too.
  • Reply 9 of 29
    What model would he choose, posters?

iPsalm 64GB in Rosary Gold with 802.11a/b/g/n/papacy and TrinityG with Immaculate Reception when using the Apple SIMinary, of which will cost him less in the US because he's only have to pay sales tax, and not a VATican?

(I'll see myself out. Sorry.)
  • Reply 10 of 29
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,010member
    Holy crap!
  • Reply 11 of 29

The Pope will arrive at the Apple Store early and wait in line for an iPhone 6s. What color should he get?

• Reply 12 of 29
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Appropriate, seeing as he's here to rail against capitalism and air conditioning and progress and whatever else is on the menu.

Funny that you talk about A/C because in the US it's a catastrophe and New Yorkers seem not to notice how loud AC is in the city all the time. Time to use modern technology !
  • Reply 13 of 29

Another reason for Sined O'Conner to get pissed off with the pope!

• Reply 14 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

When I first glanced at the headline I thought the Pope was delaying his visit in NYC to take delivery of an iPhone 6s. What model would he choose, posters?

I think any iPhone qualifies as a Jesus Phone

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Jesus+Phone

but he will probably go with the 16gb model because he has unlimited storage in the cloud.

Seriously though, if he has any interest in keeping people from swearing and taking the Lord's name in vain, you'd think he would have picked a different day.

• Reply 15 of 29
    Oi Mr Pope, who says your religion is more important than ours?
    I attend the house of Apple regularly, make sizeable donations and praise a deceased deity called Steve.
  • Reply 16 of 29
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    clemynx wrote: »
    Funny that you talk about A/C because in the US it's a catastrophe and New Yorkers seem not to notice how loud AC is in the city all the time. Time to use modern technology !

Yeah, we use Windows! Welcome to the 21st century!
  • Reply 17 of 29
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member

So many jokes, where to begin...

• Reply 18 of 29

Is this just because so many streets will be blocked off that they cannot make deliveries to certain addresses?  Or because the packaging companies have been asked to stay away from the area, so that their delivery trucks (or trucks disguised as their delivery trucks) can't be used to transport explosives (i.e., terrorist attack)?  If the latter, I don't think we do that even for our own country's President when he's out and about.  Manhole covers along his travel route are sealed, mailboxes removed, but are the delivery companies told to stay away and not deliver to their customers?

• Reply 19 of 29
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member

Worst example ever of 'Divine Intervention'...

• Reply 20 of 29
    The Pope will arrive at the Apple Store early and wait in line for an iPhone 6s. What color should he get?

Heavenly Hue :lol: