Magic Trackpad 2, Magic Mouse 2 & Magic Keyboard revealed in Apple's OS X 10.11.1 beta

Comments

• Reply 41 of 81
    satchmo wrote: »
    I just want a wireless Magic Mouse with a cursor that doesn't jump all over the place.

I don't have that problem, but using the Magic Mouse with Photoshop and Illustrator is a nightmare. Unintentional input causes images to zoom in and out or offscreen. I almost always have to break out my Wacom tablet to get anything done.
  • Reply 42 of 81
    appexappex Posts: 687member

How about new WIRED Apple Mouse and new WIRED Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad with built-in hub including two ports of USB 3.1 Type C (reversible) Generation 2? Nothing like wired things. Just the freedom to forget about batteries, no Earth environmental impact and much more power/versatility (for instance, booting in target disk mode, verbose mode, etc).

• Reply 43 of 81
    stompystompy Posts: 408member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mr O View Post

Soon we'll be able to wave our ? pencil in front of the computer screen and exclaim magic spells like Harry Potter.

If only !  I'd pay a premium to draw better than my stick figure skills allow. 

Sadly for us, Apple engineers could not imbue their latest creation with magic.

• Reply 44 of 81
    drp1drp1 Posts: 1member

What if Apple were to incorporate touch id into both the new magic trackpad, and new magic mouse? Much like the Apple watch is securely linked to your iPhone, could not a new version of these devices be linked to a user account on a mac? This could revolutionize the way we login to websites, verify online purchases etc. Just thinking. 8-)

• Reply 45 of 81
    I have a Magic Johnson.
  • Reply 46 of 81
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member

I don't type in the dark so don't need a backlit keyboard.

I also don't wander around the house whilst typing and the standard lead is long enough so I don't need a wireless keyboard.

Saying that, if they made a wireless backlit keyboard with number pad, I'd buy it.

Non clicking Magic Trackpad, erm, no thanks...I think.

• Reply 47 of 81
    kkerstkkerst Posts: 330member
    mr o wrote: »

It does make sense. No more fiddling with batteries, instead just plug in the lightning cable and you can continue your work with the same keyboard. Right now I have to switch to a wired keyboard while my batteries are charging.

Actually I was talking about the Apple II approach with the keyboard being part of the computer, but it was a bad joke. Anyway, charging the batteries from the iMac's USB port I'm sure will work this way: you would still be able to use the keyboard while charging,
  • Reply 48 of 81
    fallenjt wrote: »
    what if a person only like keyboard and mouse combo. I mean oldies and wimen or non-tech folks? Apple must have both options. So, no combined keyboard-trackpad for sure. Backlit? Maybe.

old folks??! if you can't tell the difference in usage between a mouse and a trackpad there is nothing old about you.. I use both at once, they are a planet apart in operation
  • Reply 49 of 81
    ecs wrote: »
    Wasn't 3D Touch diferent to Force Touch? Everybody on the net seem to accept that 3D Touch is more advanced, allowing for different levels of force, while the former is just one force value. I really hope all Macs get the 3D Touch technology. If they're stuck at Force Touch, I'll pass.
    Aside from the common use on ?Watch, Force Touch is the only way Darth Vader uses his Apple gear.
  • Reply 50 of 81
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    Perhaps the new Mo' Magic Trackpad will include Siri in the same way as the new Apple TV remote.

I love the current Magic Trackpad. From an RSI avoidance perspective it has been magical. I only wish it worked better in native Windows.

At least none of Apple's competition has tried to glom on to the 'Magical' moniker like they've done with just about every other brand identity thing Apple has done in the last two decades. Whenever I see yet another product with a lowercase "i" it makes me want to slap them silly.
  • Reply 51 of 81
    bigdobigdo Posts: 19member
    mac_128 wrote: »
    I don't care for all of Apple's product names, but this one I absolutely detest. It's like tools they issue students at Hogwarts. Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, what's next, Magic Mike?

Next there could be a Magic Mic™
  • Reply 52 of 81
    larryalarrya Posts: 606member
    Well I hope they do a new mouse, because frankly the current one sucks. It's way too heavy and scrapes along the desktop. Try gaming with it some time...

Yes, and does the new mouse come with the duct tape for inside the battery door to prevent disconnects every time we need to pick it up?
  • Reply 53 of 81
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    ireland wrote: »
    I had an idea a while back that when you start typing numbers on your apple keyboard your trackpad revealed these white numbered lights below its surface in the layout of a number pad via microscopic holes in the glass like how the power light is hidden. Or simply beneath the glass in a well done manner and you can continue from there to type the numbers via your trackpad. Don't type numbers via trackpad for a given period and they fade out.
    Great idea, even though it would be simpler to incorporate a small button on the trackpad itself that you touch/press when you want a numerical keypad. Or incorporate the numerical keypad on the keyboard. When you want to use it, you again press a button and the keypad numerals light up in the correct arrangement, press the button again and it's deactivated. It could even be voice activated via Siri.
  • Reply 54 of 81
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stompy View Post

Count yourself lucky that the Apple pencil isn't magical. 

LOL

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr O View Post

Soon we'll be able to wave our ? pencil in front of the computer screen and exclaim magic spells like Harry Potter.

Actually, with Siri sometimes, I already feel like I'm doing this ...

• Reply 55 of 81
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Every Apple mouse has sucked. Every single one.

I'm currently suffering with a Mighty Mouse. My photographer friend hates the Magic Mouse that came with her iMac. I hated the puck mouse (worst mouse design ever). The original Apple mice sucked, too, but they had the early computing era to blame. The only mouse that wasn't horrible was the curved thing prior to the puck mouse, but it still lacked a second button, despite OS 8 & 9 supporting context menus.

If Jony Ive is responsible for the puck mouse, his lousy engineering skill is even worse than I thought. (I just disassembled a PowerBook G4 last night... a frelling nightmare; actually worse than my MacBook Pro 3,1).
  • Reply 56 of 81
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    fallenjt wrote: »
    what if a person only like keyboard and mouse combo. I mean oldies and wimen or non-tech folks? Apple must have both options. So, no combined keyboard-trackpad for sure. Backlit? Maybe.

"Wimen"?? WTF is wrong with you? Women are somehow excluded from "tech folks" in your world?? They're somehow classified next to "oldies"??

My pro photographer friend is a [young] woman who's a skilled, tech-oriented person, and has very specific preferences in mice and keyboards.

Discounting women, as if they're some kind of lower caste, is really ignorant and lame.
  • Reply 57 of 81
    dysamoria wrote: »
    "Wimen"?? WTF is wrong with you? Women are somehow excluded from "tech folks" in your world?? They're somehow classified next to "oldies"??

My pro photographer friend is a [young] woman who's a skilled, tech-oriented person, and has very specific preferences in mice and keyboards.

Discounting women, as if they're some kind of lower caste, is really ignorant and lame.

Obviously she's not technical, successful or is a lock-in... because the pros that I actually work with all purchase professional mice especially if they don't work with a Wacom.

No 2 ways about it: if you're a designer or photographer and are clicking in the 1000's per day, the magic Mouse will get on your nerves VERY quickly(!) Soft-touch, silent-click, ergonomic Microsoft Mice happen to be common favorites.

Edited to add: I can't see why so many so-called pros skimp on the easiest tools to replace and make your life easier?!
  • Reply 58 of 81
    That would be kinda cool.

Can I get an IBM Selectric keyboard for my iMac? If you've never typed on a Selectric, in my opinion you've never really typed.

Not sure if you have tried the DasKeyboard, but it's reputed to be like the Selectric, and they sell a proper Mac layout.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/251792/the_daskeyboard_brings_back_the_feel_of_an_ibm_selectric.html
  • Reply 59 of 81
    blazarblazar Posts: 270member
    No touch id for os X = not magical
  • Reply 60 of 81
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,949member

When will I be able to afford all this awesome stuff?!?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maury Markowitz View Post

Try gaming with it some time...

I'll be sure not to do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satchmo View Post

I just want a wireless Magic Mouse with a cursor that doesn't jump all over the place.

Sounds like you've got a hair stuck in your optical