Apple promo offers $50 savings on Apple Watch with new iPhone purchase

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited November 2015
Apple is conducting a very limited promotional offer at select Apple Store locations in California and Massachusetts that nets customers $50 off the price of an Apple Watch or Apple Watch Sport model when purchased with a new iPhone.




According to MacRumors, the deal runs from Oct. 30 through Nov. 15 and is available only at Apple Store locations in the San Francisco Bay Area and Boston metro area. California Apple Stores in Burlingame, Chestnut Street, Corte Madera, Hillsdale, San Francisco and Stonestown are taking part in the program, while Boston customers can visit store at Boylston Street, Burlington, CambridgeSide and Chestnut Hill.

Those in the market for both an Apple Watch and iPhone can take advantage of the $50 savings only in brick-and-mortar Apple Stores and both items must be processed in the same transaction. The offer is not valid online.

While all iPhone versions qualify for the deal, Watch models are restricted to stainless steel Apple Watch and aluminum Apple Watch Sport products. Apple Watch Edition and the new Apple Watch Hermes collection are not included in the offer.

It is unclear why Apple decided to initiate the limited promotional discount. During Apple's quarterly conference call for the fourth fiscal quarter of 2015, CEO Tim Cook said Apple Watch is performing well. The company's 10-Q filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission notes Apple Watch accounted for more than 100 percent of year-over-year growth seen in the "Other Products" category, suggesting overall Watch revenue topped $1.69 billion since launch.
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 27

    1 month late.

     

    Or more diabolically, just in time for the Holiday Shopping season.

     

    As for this...

     

    Quote:


     It is unclear why Apple decided to initiate the limited promotional discount. During Apple's quarterly conference call for the fourth fiscal quarter of 2015, CEO Tim Cook said Apple Watch is performing well. The company's 10-Q filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission notes Apple Watch accounted for more than 100 percent of year-over-year growth seen in the "Other Products" category, suggesting overall Watch revenue topped $1.69 billion since launch.


     

    I see 2 possible reasons... 

    - Establish more 'wrist marketing' before Dec 26th.   Tis the season to covet.

    - New Watch HW coming soon (Spring Fashion Week.  Seriously.), time to clear inventory.

  • Reply 2 of 27
    calicali Posts: 3,495member
    I always thought they should sell packages. Like a rose gold iPhone with a rose gold watch for example. At a discount of course.

    "It is unclear why Apple decided to initiate the limited promotional discount. During Apple's quarterly conference call for the fourth fiscal quarter of 2015, CEO Tim Cook said Apple Watch is performing well."

    So?

    When's the last time Apple settled for sales that were "good enough".

    Since other dumb watches got a head start, Apple needs to go full speed. Their eyes are most likely on making the Watch a commodity device.

    I'm guessing they're testing the market with the limited promotion availability.
  • Reply 3 of 27
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    sog35 wrote: »
    sweet deal. The new gold and rose gold aluminum watches look real nice.

    The haters will say this is a sign of ?Watch being doomed. But I actually think it's smart. This discount might get people on the fence. And if it's successful they probably will roll it out more widely closer to Black Friday.
  • Reply 4 of 27
    kpomkpom Posts: 615member
    9to5Toys is reporting that Target plans a similar promotion. This sounds like an attempt to up-sell during the holidays.
  • Reply 5 of 27
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post





    The haters will say this is a sign of ?Watch being doomed. But I actually think it's smart. This discount might get people on the fence. And if it's successful they probably will roll it out more widely closer to Black Friday.



    Kind of like what you would be saying if Samsung ran this promotion. All smartwatches are doomed.

  • Reply 6 of 27
    levilevi Posts: 344member
    Was just there today, buying the gorgeous Apple TV 4
  • Reply 7 of 27
    Dang - too bad this isn't available in Atlanta. I just ordered a 6s Plus this afternoon.
  • Reply 8 of 27
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,376member
    kpom wrote: »
    9to5Toys is reporting that Target plans a similar promotion. This sounds like an attempt to up-sell during the holidays.
    Ah yes, so much for the refined status Apple seemed to be aiming for at the beginning.

    Maybe Hermes will give a discount on the ?Watch when you buy it with a Birken Bag? ;-)
  • Reply 9 of 27
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    kpom wrote: »
    9to5Toys is reporting that Target plans a similar promotion. This sounds like an attempt to up-sell during the holidays.

    And I see the typical trolls are out with their snark.
  • Reply 10 of 27
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 12,973member
    rogifan wrote: »
    sog35 wrote: »
    sweet deal. The new gold and rose gold aluminum watches look real nice.

    The haters will say this is a sign of ?Watch being doomed. But I actually think it's smart. This discount might get people on the fence. And if it's successful they probably will roll it out more widely closer to Black Friday.

    Everyone else offers a promotion = desperate. Apple offers a promotion =smart. See the hypocrisy?
  • Reply 11 of 27
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,376member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Everyone else offers a promotion = desperate. Apple offers a promotion =smart. See the hypocrisy?
    The hypocrisy is strong with this one ...
  • Reply 12 of 27
    idreyidrey Posts: 640member
    Damn if you do, Damn if you don't. First it was that the watch availability was to little and now
    The problem is that is everywhere. It is weird that they have this promotion going on, will see
    How this evolves. I'll let time tell.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    Get back to me when the time is visible 100% of the time on the watch face. Then, I would definitely go for it :-) I want watch 2,0 or 3.9, whatever. It just has to do this one simple thing.
  • Reply 14 of 27

    It's simply a bundle promotion (for those who don't already have an iPhone), and they're testing it out in two market areas.

     

    It's for the unwashed masses who somehow have to rely on others' opinions before they'll buy anything that's new.

     

    If Apple can get more watches out there and on people's wrists, then they'll tell their buddies how great it is—and how different it is from all the wearable junk already out there.

  • Reply 15 of 27
    atlapple wrote: »

    Kind of like what you would be saying if Samsung ran this promotion. All smartwatches are doomed.

    context is everything -- if Samsung ran it, it really would be because they're failing. not the case with Apple.
  • Reply 16 of 27
    MacProMacPro Posts: 17,972member
    rogifan wrote: »
    The haters will say this is a sign of ?Watch being doomed. But I actually think it's smart. This discount might get people on the fence. And if it's successful they probably will roll it out more widely closer to Black Friday.

    Combo offers are an excellent idea for the Christmas period. Apple should have several variations mixing different products folks might like, at special prices.
  • Reply 17 of 27

    Still have no need if given an Apple Watch for free.  Most people today don't need a watch and some don't even need tablets anymore because the smartphone has evolved to replace those devices.  I monitor my activity on my smartphone which also has a heart rate monitor and motion chip. I only need to carry and charge one device and that's all most people would ever want to do.

  • Reply 18 of 27
    sphericspheric Posts: 1,714member

    Most people don't need a watch, and yet, one billion watches are sold every year

  • Reply 19 of 27
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by KPOM View Post



    9to5Toys is reporting that Target plans a similar promotion. This sounds like an attempt to up-sell during the holidays.



    Nothing wrong with that.

  • Reply 20 of 27
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by DogCowabunga View Post



    Get back to me when the time is visible 100% of the time on the watch face. Then, I would definitely go for it :-) I want watch 2,0 or 3.9, whatever. It just has to do this one simple thing.

     

    It's visible to you, are you a public clock or something...

    If you want it visible 100% of the time, you'll have to for low contrast, low res eink for a long while and it will look like crap, your choice.

Sign In or Register to comment.