Majority of Google Play reviews for Apple's Android Beats Pill+ app are abusive

Comments

• Reply 21 of 94
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    indyfx wrote: »
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    So all of a sudden millions of Android users aren't morons, nor people of a lower class, and now willing to pay for things, and every other thing they've been called on here?

Actually it's likely that the 1/3 of the former android owners that have switched were the cream of the crop. All this likely means is the gene pool in android land has lost it's top two sigma users.

How are you getting 1/3 of Android users?
  • Reply 22 of 94
    indyfxindyfx Posts: 321member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

1/3 of the new iPhones purchased last quarter were former android owners, this is pretty common knowledge and well documented if you want to check.

Also, just as a side note, 1/3 of android owners couldn't be 2 sigma's from the mean, it's statistically (virtually) impossible.

• Reply 23 of 94
    Doubt no more

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/189793/android-switchers-accounted-for-30-of-iphone-buyers-in-q4-highest-ratio-recorded#post_2797814

Did they all of a sudden become smart? If they were morons then, now they're just morons with an iPhone.

No. And you know better, but you are deliberately disingenuous about this. You know that there are Android users and there are Android fanboys. One of these two groups of people would consider switching to iOS, while the other would never entertain the notion. And only one of those groups of people would spend their time attacking Apple online.

kasakka wrote: »
    While the issue is real, fanboyism is just stupid and so is the way this article is written. It's so deliberately pro-Apple and anti-Google it's ridiculous. I've noticed Appleinsider seems to not take any kind of critical look at what Apple are doing wrong and due to that I've now decided to find my Apple news elsewhere.

PS. Yes I own Apple devices.

PS, absolutely nobody cares what you own. It never ceases to amaze me how many people think that adds credibility to what they post. If you need a credibility boost, then you're concern trolling.

And nice try trying to imply all fanboys (fanboyism) are equally bad, when Android fans are far angrier, reactionary, and vexatious. Oh but don't take it from me, or DED, who provokes trolls. Take it from Marco Arment, a level headed and published developer who has been famously critical of Apple:

http://www.marco.org/2013/01/21/anti-apple-anger

Everyone should read that link all the way through, as its relates to what DED is saying in this article.

C'mon now, admit it: you smiled at this, didn't you?
  • Reply 24 of 94
    So all of a sudden millions of Android users aren't morons, nor people of a lower class, and now willing to pay for things, and every other thing they've been called on here?

Surely, you must know that any such statement about a group from surveys is based on the average, median, or modal person, not all, right?
  • Reply 25 of 94

1/3 of the new iPhones purchased last quarter were former android owners, this is pretty common knowledge and well documented if you want to check.
    Also, just as a side note, 1/3 of android owners couldn't be 2 sigma's from the mean, it's statistically (virtually) impossible.

Then fix your wording.
  • Reply 26 of 94
    schlackschlack Posts: 720member
    well, android is a cheaper product...you get a different audience. nothing subjective in that statement.
  • Reply 27 of 94

Surely, you must know that any such statement about a group from surveys is based on the average, median, or modal person, not all, right?

I do but most on here don't including yourself.
    Btw it's not all from surveys but from comments.
  • Reply 28 of 94
    No. And you know better, but you are deliberately disingenuous about this. You know that there are Android users and there are Android fanboys. One of these two groups of people would consider switching to iOS, while the other would never entertain the notion. And only one of those groups of people would spend their time attacking Apple online.

Just like there are people that switch from iOS to Android. What are they called?
  • Reply 29 of 94

"Actually it's likely that the 1/3 of the former android owners that have switched were the cream of the crop."

1/3 of those who switched were former android owners, of those who switched last quarter 1/3 were former android sufferers.

I can write it any way you want it but it doesn't get any rosier for you current android sufferers.

• Reply 30 of 94
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    Human stupidity really has no limits. @kasakka says
    we are fanboys attacking Android users and we choose to ignore
    Apples faults. I don't know what AI This guy has been reading but as
    Much as we like Apple and defended, we also criticise Apple a lot.
    And I, for one don't go to android/Google sites to post bad thing about
    Their stuff. I feel confident enough in my life choices, not to feel inferior
    To the point that I have to go and belligerently comment on other peoples
    Choices, so that some how I will feel better about mine choices. I like Apple and that
    Why I read and comment on Apple sites only. I may read articles in other
    Product site but I will not give my opinion or try to push
    My likes into them. In here people share my taste in tech, if you don't feel the
    Same way, you should not waist time here and please do go get your news
    Some where else. Is good to have opposing points of view, but some
    People are just plain ignorant and have a limited field of view.
  • Reply 31 of 94
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Just like there are people that switch from iOS to Android. What are they called?

That isn't happening, at least not to any significant degree, otherwise we would hear it being trumpeted by samesung (ect.) and google.

• Reply 32 of 94
    Quote:

Originally Posted by idrey View Post

Human stupidity really has no limits. @kasakka says

we are fanboys attacking Android users and we choose to ignore

Apples faults. I don't know what AI This guy has been reading but as

Much as we like Apple and defended, we also criticise Apple a lot.

And I, for one don't go to android/Google sites to post bad thing about

Their stuff. I feel confident enough in my life choices, not to feel inferior

To the point that I have to go and belligerently comment on other peoples

Choices, so that some how I will feel better about mine choices. I like Apple and that

Why I read and comment on Apple sites only. I may read articles in other

Product site but I will not give my opinion or try to push

My likes into them. In here people share my taste in tech, if you don't feel the

Same way, you should not waist time here and please do go get your news

Some where else. Is good to have opposing points of view, but some

People are just plain ignorant and have a limited field of view.

So true, I don't even post inane reviews of google apps on the iTunes store.

Hating, what a waste of time. That these android fans spend their time on an apple news site posting is... utterly astounding.

• Reply 33 of 94
    "Actually it's likely that the 1/3 of the former android owners that have switched were the cream of the crop."

1/3 of those who switched were former android owners, of those who switched last quarter 1/3 were former android sufferers.
    I can write it any way you want it but it doesn't get any rosier for you current android sufferers.

First of all 30% is not 1/3 ,and it's 30% of iPhone buyers were Android users, that is not 1/3 of Android users.
  • Reply 34 of 94
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member

I know a few people who went from iPhone to android. The can be call, fooled, deceived,
    And maybe even gullible, usual middle age or older people, who trusted a sells person, whom
    They thought would give them good advise. But that wasn't the case and now they are
    regretting the fact that they actually listened to this people, and are waiting for their contract
    To end so the can get an iPhone again.
  • Reply 35 of 94
    This is Google's fault mainly. If they didn't allow reviews by people who have not purchased/downloaded, MOST of those reviews wouldn't exist..

It should not be treated as an open message-board to anyone who has not actively downloaded and installed the app.. This is what you get when you do.
  • Reply 36 of 94
    ecatsecats Posts: 272member
    Another possible alternative is to allow the reviewer to choose from a set of minimum usage times before a review can be posted and pair this with a reporting facility for fraudulent/falsely advertised apps.

Google Play allowing persons to write reviews for apps they haven't even downloaded is absurd and only facilitates false reviews.
  • Reply 37 of 94
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    Fandroids in general are a lower class of people, so this sort of behavior is not unexpected.

Nice attitude. Not.
  • Reply 38 of 94
    foggyhill wrote: »
    kasakka wrote: »
    While the issue is real, fanboyism is just stupid and so is the way this article is written. It's so deliberately pro-Apple and anti-Google it's ridiculous. I've noticed Appleinsider seems to not take any kind of critical look at what Apple are doing wrong and due to that I've now decided to find my Apple news elsewhere.

PS. Yes I own Apple devices.

First rule of your type of comments. Say you own a Apple device when in fact your tone suggests otherwise.
    Second rule, don't discuss the fact, but deflect, you yup did that too.
    Use "fanboy" in an article (in a reverse psychology way, so use is original)
    Imply you somehow you were reading here, and that something somehow changed...
           When it hasn't, so you could not have been reading here.
    Imply a grand conspiracy without proof.
    Imply bias without proof. Merely being negative about Google is not proof of bias buddy.
    Low post count over a long period. Want me to check what those 54 posts say?

etc . etc. etc.

OK, get your news elsewhere... A more "unbiased" place like MR.. Right.... You'll fit right in there with the rest of the whiners.

The play store comments are meaningless. This article is biased as it was written by DED. Dude has lots of knowledge, but he spews a bunch of bias in the middle.
  • Reply 39 of 94
    I do but most on here don't including yourself.
    Btw it's not all from surveys but from comments.

Huh?

Maybe you need to fix your wording.
  • Reply 40 of 94
    clexmanclexman Posts: 209member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"Another reason why so few developers take Android seriously as a platform."

So few developers, yet Apple took the time to develop for the platform...