Apple considering earlier-than-usual launch for 'iPhone 7' in 2016, source says

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Do you mean budget-priced or just older (limited/less capable) hardware, or both?

What's your guess on the selling price if they do it?

As always, Apple price it $100 less then the current model iPhone or $549 for the 16GB model, 32GB/64GB $649.
  • Reply 62 of 68
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    harry wild wrote: »
    As always, Apple price it $100 less then the current model iPhone or $549 for the 16GB model, 32GB/64GB $649.
    With lesser hardware too I presume since you mentioned "budget-model specs". If it's priced that high why would anyone want one particularly with limited hardware? What's the target market in your opinion?
  • Reply 63 of 68
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,701member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

With lesser hardware too I presume since you mentioned "budget-model specs". If it's priced that high why would anyone want one particularly with limited hardware? What's the target market in your opinion?

The target market would be people who love iPhone but prefer 4" screen.

• Reply 64 of 68
    canukstorm wrote: »
    The target market would be people who love iPhone but prefer 4" screen.
    Do you think that's a big market? A 4" iPhone with "budget-model specs" and a $500+ price? Personally I doubt it but perhaps you don't agree and think they'd sell 10's of millions?
  • Reply 65 of 68
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,701member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Do you think that's a big market? A 4" iPhone with "budget-model specs" and a $500+ price? Personally I doubt it but perhaps you don't agree and think they'd sell 10's of millions?

Right now Apple sells approximately 250 million iPhones a year. I think a 4" iPhone with A9 / 2GB RAM selling for around $499 shouldn't have a problem capturing around 10% of that, so around 25 to 30 million units a year.

• Reply 66 of 68
    canukstorm wrote: »
    Right now Apple sells approximately 250 million iPhones a year. I think a 4" iPhone with A9 / 2GB RAM selling for around $499 shouldn't have a problem capturing around 10% of that, so around 25 to 30 million units a year.
    An A9 and 2GB is budget specs then. Fair enough. :\ Basically a 6s with a 4" screen? Yep, might be a market for something like that. I don't think that's the device the OP had in mind but your version would probably work.
  • Reply 67 of 68
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    gatorguy wrote: »

Apple would know by now if there is a reluctance for people with older phones to upgrade. Also they can go cheaper than the 5C, relatively because the differentiator is now cheaper components and screen size.

Or they might do a premium 4"