Apple kicks off iPad Pro preorders online, in-store pickup starts today

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Don't be stupid for 32GB. You will regret for the rest of your life. $150 more for 128GB worth every penny. Got my gold one with cover only. Can't figure out the use for Pencil.

you ever use a real pencil and paper (or a white board) to sketch out ideas where you can write things down, circle things, draw lines between ideas, etc?  Now you can finally do things as free form as that.

• Reply 42 of 49
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    sog35 wrote: »
    Bought 128GB gold WiFi as a gift.

Bummed that the Pencil was not available.

Yeah, that's weird, isn't it? We could pick up out iPads today, but the pencil won't be available until the 20-30th of the month. I would have thought it would be the other way around. So the Pro's will come on Monday, but the pencils won't be here until the end of the week, it the week after.

At least they shipped the Verizon SIMs. We'll get these Friday. I guess we can stare at them over the weekend.
  • Reply 43 of 49
    gatorguy wrote: »
    I read the first mention today that the keyboard is not lighted? If accurate then the Logitech keyboard would seem the better choice over Apple's own.
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/11/11/first-look-logitech-create-is-first-third-party-smart-connector-keyboard-for-ipad-pro

EDIT: Logitech's lighted keyboard is also less expensive than the unlighted one Apple is offering. Just a thought.

Sometimes a lighted keyboard is really useful. In my computer room, for example, the way I have it set up for photo editing and video editing, I don't want light on the screen, which means the keyboard is somewhat dim. A ,ignited keyboard is good.

But for most other uses, where the lighting is sufficient, it doesn't seem to matter. In fact, if the light level is too high, either the lighting doesn't come on, or you can't see it.o it's a question of what's more important, the battery usage, or a lighted screen. It's a toss up.
  • Reply 44 of 49
    :rolleyes:
    The suggestion wasn't that anything was wrong with the iPad Pro but that if someone was also purchasing a keyboard for it too then Logitech's LIGHTED keyboard might make a better choice than Apple's own. Bonus: It's less expensive to begin with and includes dedicated shortcut keys.

I realize that some want all Apple and would not consider 3rd party accessories given the choice.

To tell the truth, I don't care if it's Apple's or not. Which is better for my use case is the way I go. But I didn't order any keyboard for this now. Maybe later. But I like typing on the screen, so for me, it's not an issue. These keys are always lit.:p I am looking forward for the full screen keyboard on the Pro though.

But I wish Apple has seen to having APIs for a trackpad. I suppose that might come in the future, as APIs for wireless controllers did.
  • Reply 45 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

No. There isn't any API for a mouse in iOS. But then, who knows what the future will bring?

Thanks, Mel.

People have personal prefs for input.  I hope that Apple expands to provide optional input for multiple tools:

1. Touch        = exists

2. Pencil        = exists

3. Mouse       = future

4. Track Pad  = future

That's the advantage of optional device-support; Millenials who prefer Touch can stick with that, while others who prefer Mouse or Track Pad can add that their configuration.

• Reply 46 of 49
    :rolleyes:
    The suggestion wasn't that anything was wrong with the iPad Pro but that if someone was also purchasing a keyboard for it too then Logitech's LIGHTED keyboard might make a better choice than Apple's own. Bonus: It's less expensive to begin with and includes dedicated shortcut keys.

I realize that some want all Apple and would not consider 3rd party accessories given the choice.

I see. If I get a keyboard for it, I'd look at a third party keyboard also. Not really impressed with fabric covered keyboards.
  • Reply 47 of 49
    Apple Store in South Austin had ZERO accessories. I'm less than happy but of course I did the in-store pickup anyway... I bought a Macbook slip cover to keep it safe until case, keyboard are available. Pencil will have to wait also.

Three weeks for the keyboard... Really? This would not have happened if Sculley was around.
  • Reply 48 of 49
    christophb wrote: »
    Apple Store in South Austin had ZERO accessories. I'm less than happy but of course I did the in-store pickup anyway... I bought a Macbook slip cover to keep it safe until case, keyboard are available. Pencil will have to wait also.

Three weeks for the keyboard... Really? This would not have happened if Sculley was around.

WWSD? (What Would Sculley Do?)