Jimmy Iovine says finding music is difficult for some women [u]

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 57
    Btw, how is relic's health doing? Good I hope.

She's well enough to write long comments praising Apple's competitors. :lol:
  • Reply 42 of 57
    solipsismy wrote: »
    Not a valid statement.

Why shouldn't a person adapt their views over time?

Shoot, I'm leery of people that don't adapt some of their views over time.
  • Reply 43 of 57
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Apple is a classy company. Jimmy Iovine is anything but. Worst $3B Apple spent.

Google just hired the co-founder of VMWare to run all their cloud businesses to seriously challenge Microsoft and Amazon in this space. Meanwhile Apple has goofy Eddy running the show recommending spending $3B on overpriced headphones.

So I guess you know what's best for Apple then? So this complaint must be out of Concern for Apple's image and well being.

• Reply 44 of 57
    rogifan wrote: »
    Apple is a classy company. Jimmy Iovine is anything but. Worst $3B Apple spent.

Google just hired the co-founder of VMWare to run all their cloud businesses to seriously challenge Microsoft and Amazon in this space. Meanwhile Apple has goofy Eddy running the show recommending spending $3B on overpriced headphones.

You sound like Sog35 when you say the same old rhetoric over and over again. We all know how you feel about the Beats deal, so can you please not participate in such threads unless you have something new and useful to add?
  • Reply 45 of 57
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Why shouldn't a person adapt their views over time?

That’s not at all what he’s saying, though.

He’s claiming that it’s “THE CURRENT YEAR” and how dare anyone have “backward” or “old” ways of thinking. We should be forced to “change” because “this is the way it is now and it will never ever ever ever ever return” to any semblance of sanity whatsoever, regardless of what people actually want.

The now needs to be reversed.

• Reply 46 of 57

Welcome to 2015 and the crybaby society we live in. Say something about a black person, you're racist. Say something about a woman, you're sexist. Say something about a gay person, you're a religious bigot. 

• Reply 47 of 57
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member
    Faux outrage strikes again! My pitchforks are still sharpened from the last faux outrage.
  • Reply 48 of 57
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member
    I guess I didn't make my comment as specific as I should have. It was aimed at Apple for not living up to its own DNA of making the complicated simple, not at contributing to the "Saint Steve" meme.

Onn the other hand, I hope we haven't gotten to the point where Jobs can never be mentioned in a positive light without the writer being criticized.

Jobs can always be mentioned in any light. What draws the criticism are statements like "if steve was alive..." And "steve would never..."
    calfoto wrote: »
    Sorry to say that I'm not surprised by the verbiage used by some of the posters here - they're not called fan"boys" without reason.

Now if Jimmy had just said, "Sometimes people have a hard time finding the right music - Apple Music is designed to help them" we wouldn't be here making mountains out of molehills.

sarcasm on
    Seeing as the music industry has NEVER been accused of being sexist I'm surprised his comments were as offensive as some have said
    sarcasm off

Because he was asked about why the ad was focused on women.
  • Reply 49 of 57
    Thanks mac1985, first insightful comment here...

If women took longer to "get tech" it's just because it wasn't targeted at them. Now that the big companies have noticed the 50% of the paying public they weren't talking to, that's likely to change. Even so, they got on the bandwagon all of heir own accord, you know, by independent thought and all that... and the next generation is actually well ahead of the execs already anyway!

If iovine's comment shows anything, it's that the big tech companies have a ways to go to truly advertise and develop software with appeal to both genders (or all). I certainly wouldn't call his comments sexist, maybe a little tunnel vision though... ;)
  • Reply 50 of 57
    And picking out curtains is difficult for guys. I'm SO sick of the goddamn ultra sensitive PC police in this country. Even if Mr. Lovine HAD meant it the way this article is titled - meaning girls have a harder time finding music, who gives a f***?!? Maybe they don't like the technical part of it. Maybe they don't do it as much as guys. These aren't true - I'm making those up. But dammit people get over it and realize that the sexes aren't the same.
  • Reply 51 of 57
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    Not that I don't agree Jimmy didn't mean it the way it was taken, there is still some room for not going overboard in reacting ... to the reaction.

Reading many of the posts here a few days came back to mind when I read this article this morning. After reading it I couldn't help going back to this thread and rereading it. The '2000 years' mentioned in the article are not over for sure.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/nov/22/drunk-colleague-called-me-a-slut-what-should-i-do-mariella-frostrup
  • Reply 52 of 57
    Originally Posted by IHateRegistering View Post

Maybe the tab for Apple Music should be called "Apple Music" instead of "New". Why am I apparently the only one who thinks this is completely retarded??

Oh, are we complaining about iTunes now? Because iOS forcing you to see “Recently Added” in your music is completely unacceptable.

• Reply 53 of 57
    The biggest problem with the iOS music app remains NO LANDSCAPE SUPPORT!

My biggest problem with their iPod/Music app is the inability to disable landscape mode which would show the gimmicky but useless CoverFlow. I'm so glad that's now gone.
  • Reply 54 of 57
    I'm really shocked with the women-hating, too. I can't believe so many males reacted so overtly.

I find Iovine to be completely repellant, and am not surprised he is also misogynistic.
  • Reply 55 of 57
    I think this video sums it up pretty creepily...

Modern Educayshun” in snowflake land:

http://quinersdiner.com/2015/11/11/modern-educayshun-in-snowflake-land/
  • Reply 56 of 57
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Brakken View Post

I'm really shocked with the women-hating, too. I can't believe so many males reacted so overtly.

I find Iovine to be completely repellant, and am not surprised he is also misogynistic.

Where? Are you referring to the thread or something else?