The search for Apple's next big thing

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    Apple's future will depend on the business savvy of Tim Cook, the innovative designs of Jony Ive, continuing to hire the best and the brightest, and the ability to continue thinking outside the box. 
    My money's on Apple.
  • Reply 42 of 49
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    sog35 said:
    As I've said before and I will say it again I can't wait until the day that Apple is more than just iPhone, Inc. in the eyes of Wall Street. The market was up broadly today with many tech stocks up over 2% yet Apple was down almost 1% because of a bearish iPhone note from Morgan Stanley. All Wall Street cares about is how many iPhones Apple sells.
    WTF are you taking about.

Apple's NON-iPhone revenue is larger than the entire revenue of Google. Apple is much more than just iPhone.  Apple's NON-iPhone profits is more than 95% of the public companies on the planet. 

So now you are going to punish Apple for being the dominate player in the most lucritive product in the history of man (smartphones)?  Ridiculous.  What do you want Apple to do?  Stop selling iPhones?  
    It's because of the iPhone that Apple has all those extra revenue streams. If the foundation falters the house comes down. 
  • Reply 43 of 49
    sog35 said:

sog35 said:
    Wall Street will never stop manipulating Apple. Why?  Because they make BILLIONS on shorting the stock, computer algo trading, selling covered calls, and day trades.  Long term investors and Apple employees lose out on HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS IN WEALTH.

The only way to stop this is for Apple to go private.

People say its impossible for Apple to go private since no investment group has $700-$900 billion required to buyout the shareholders.  The fact is no buyout is necessary. If the shareholders agree to take the company private they don't need to sell their shares.  Their shares will simply be converted to private equity shares. What that means is the shares would not be sold on the public market. It would no longer be open to manipulation by Wall Street.  Instead it would be sold on a private exchange that would put limits on purchases. For example they could put a limit that any shares bought would have to be held for a minimum of 60 days.  That would get rid of all day traders, option manipulators, and most importantly computer algo's.

So what are the steps for Apple going private?

1. Board of Directors approval to take company off of public exchanges (NYSE)
    2. Vote by shareholders to convert public shares to private shares
    3. A private exchange is set up with buy/sell limitations that will limit manipulation
    4. Apple will need to continue to report quarterly financials to the SEC is because they have over 2000 shareholders
    This is NEVER going to happen so I don't know why you keep banging on about it.

Go suck a lemon dude.
    Don't blame me that you don't have vision like I do.
    Don't blame me that you think things can never happen just because they never happened.

Personally I'm sick and tired of Apple stock.  I sold a significant amount of my shares this morning (at a decent profit mind you).

I'm done following this pathetic stock (not a pathetic company).  Fuc you Wall Street. I'm done with this shiit.  I still hold about 800 shares but those will be in deep freeze for decades.  I'm done following this company of a daily basis or even monthly basis.  Once the stock hits $140-$150 I'm selling it all.  Apple board of directors and CEO don't give a crap about stockholders.  

This will be my last post here for 12 months.  
    I lost my bet that Apple see's $150.
    So long.  See you on 12/14/16.  Or maybe never.
    What happened to your statement about  last post for 12 month. 
    Let me quote for you "This will be my last post here for 12 months."
    You can't keep it shut for even 12 hours and start lecturing same old FUD about going private.
    Look who is advising others about long term investment when person himself can't keep his cool with same.
  • Reply 44 of 49
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    sog35 said:
    As I've said before and I will say it again I can't wait until the day that Apple is more than just iPhone, Inc. in the eyes of Wall Street. The market was up broadly today with many tech stocks up over 2% yet Apple was down almost 1% because of a bearish iPhone note from Morgan Stanley. All Wall Street cares about is how many iPhones Apple sells.
    WTF are you taking about.

Apple's NON-iPhone revenue is larger than the entire revenue of Google. Apple is much more than just iPhone.  Apple's NON-iPhone profits is more than 95% of the public companies on the planet. 

So now you are going to punish Apple for being the dominate player in the most lucritive product in the history of man (smartphones)?  Ridiculous.  What do you want Apple to do?  Stop selling iPhones?  
    So your year long self-ban managed to last all of a day?

Way to earn yourself some credibility.
  • Reply 45 of 49
    The really big markets of the near future that Apple has not touched yet: Virtual Reality. The iMac cannot even produce the graphics needed with its mobile GPU. Augmented Reality. Microsoft has the lead right now but others will enter the market. Autonomous Camera Drones. Not the manual flight ones of today. These avoid obstacles and follow you. Internet of Things. Tiny modules that run iOS but can do almost anything and can be integrated into third party products. Home smart hubs. They talk. They listen. They keep everything private by doing their own voice recognition. Jarvis for your home.
  • Reply 46 of 49
    Brilliant.
    Apple cares about customers and developers. It's so simple, so powerful, and so profitable.
  • Reply 47 of 49
    Great article.  So many good points and perspectives on the prospects remaining in Apples future.  One additional visionary move in its past, which is under appreciated but  will continue to be a significant advantage for the foreseeable future, is the Apple Store.    Similar to owning the hardware and software technology, owning a significant distribution channel like these stores allows the company to move fast, generate more profit, directly affect customer satisfaction and be closer to their customers like no other technology company can.   It would take many years and untold riches to be able to copy that model successfully, leaving everyone else having to rely on middleman retailers or resellers.

A couple of last thoughts:  
    A) It's terrific that Apple doesn't need to have dominant market share to be profitable and successful
    B) Who really is Apple's competition?
    C) The only mobile technology piece that Apple doesn't own or control is the telecom/bandwidth (content delivery) - what if they did offer that?
  • Reply 48 of 49
    Dom't ever stop, Dan. Your work is excellent.