Poll: What Apple goodies did you receive this holiday season? [Update: Poll fixed]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 56
    koopkoop Posts: 337member
    Got Philips Fidelio X2's, sound great plugged into my Macbook.
  • Reply 22 of 56
    ITunes cards for software, books, etc.
  • Reply 23 of 56
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    Not even an iTunes gift card :(  My family doesn't have much $$$... 
    edited December 2015 ggshaffer
  • Reply 24 of 56
    Gave an Apple Watch. Received socks.
    realjustinlongtechloverchristopher126lostkiwi
  • Reply 25 of 56
    I got an Apple Watch Sport, space gray with black strap. I hit Apple Accessories, because why not. Anyway, I had no interest whatsoever in the Apple Watch because I work in a building where no personal electronics or radio transmitting devices are allowed. I just quit the job on Christmas eve, and I'll be starting a new job in a much cooler environment. My SO got me the watch! She was anticipating this gift for quite a while, and she found the perfect gift to celebrate the change. I got to admit, it's quite handy.
    cornchipchristopher126ronnlostkiwi
  • Reply 26 of 56
    Were they at least iPod Socks?
    cornchiplatifbpSpamSandwich
  • Reply 27 of 56
    It does seem somewhat fitting that the poll wouldn't break out Apple Watch numbers.

All kidding aside it would be nice to see the results. Part of the reason to vote in an online poll such as this is to see how others voted in aggregate.

suddenly newton said:
    You summed up the story of my life perfectly.
    christopher126
  • Reply 28 of 56
    Beats wireless Studio headphones, plus AppleTV, plus iPad Pro.
  • Reply 29 of 56
    It's kind of stupid to list only what a person got when the people on this board are more likely to GIVE Apple products. But then, why not both? Anyway, I gave myself a MBP and gave away my old MBP and an iPad. I was also given an iTunes gift card.
  • Reply 30 of 56
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    No one GAVE me any Apple product. I spent lots of my own long-term stashed money (being reserved for the next Mac Pro) to buy an iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, and Smart Keyboard, so I can try to work on music and art projects from the comfort of a recliner/couch/bed instead of only at a desk or laptop. The pencil & keyboard are probably not going to arrive till February some time :-p

oh, a friend gifted me a $25 iTunes card for my 40th birthday. Korg ended up with the money. Then I spent more of my own money on more Korg apps.

xmas means nothing to me and I have no social group to celebrate even the solstice with. It's just another day, but with annoying traffic, annoying music at stores, and then inconvenience of closed stores and facilities. The annoyance is just a pretext to watching/hearing everyone go crazy over the new year holiday, which is just a reminder to me of how irrelevant and meaningless my life has been over the last ten years (and will remain as I age to death in a place I hate and cannot leave).
  • Reply 31 of 56
    42mm SS Apple Watch and $100 worth of iTunes gift cards  :)
  • Reply 32 of 56
    dysamoria said:
    No one GAVE me any Apple product. I spent lots of my own long-term stashed money (being reserved for the next Mac Pro) to buy an iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, and Smart Keyboard, so I can try to work on music and art projects from the comfort of a recliner/couch/bed instead of only at a desk or laptop. The pencil & keyboard are probably not going to arrive till February some time :-p

oh, a friend gifted me a $25 iTunes card for my 40th birthday. Korg ended up with the money. Then I spent more of my own money on more Korg apps.

xmas means nothing to me and I have no social group to celebrate even the solstice with. It's just another day, but with annoying traffic, annoying music at stores, and then inconvenience of closed stores and facilities. The annoyance is just a pretext to watching/hearing everyone go crazy over the new year holiday, which is just a reminder to me of how irrelevant and meaningless my life has been over the last ten years (and will remain as I age to death in a place I hate and cannot leave).
    And, a very merry Christmas to you too!
    jbdragon
  • Reply 33 of 56
    dysamoria said:

Do you need someone to talk to?
    jbdragon
  • Reply 34 of 56
    razormaid said:
    We skipped Christmas this year and after I submitted my purchases to that poll I could see why. We bought (2) iPhone 6S+, iPad mini 4, iPad Pro with the pencil + keyboard Smart Cover and regular Smart Cover and even purchased the Watch sport model.

I would have bought a new laptop but when I took my 17" laptop in for Apple's $270 "tune-up" program when I got it back there was a laundry list f replacements. Holy crap!  It was working perfectly. I just wanted them to see if anything looked in need of repair before it turned 5.

They replace the LCD screen, put in a new logic board, replaced my 5 year battery, replaced the track mouse (because the battery swelled a little pushing against it slightly, damaging the edges) and even replaced my brand new 16GB ram upgrade saying "what you bought wasn't optimized for your unit."  But more shocking than everything they replaced, they didn't charge me the $270 "tune-up" fee because evidently my LCD screen was part of a recall I chose to not take part in. The handed me an invoice shoeing $0.00 owed. I refused to sign it. When I tried to pay them they said "anytime a recall is performed everything else replaced during the recall repair is then free".  WTF?   I tired to make them take the money saying "that's not fair. I didn't know there was a recall I want to pay for what you replaced". They finally got a manager involved who also wouldn't take my money. Geez I just wanted to do the right thing here!

Anyway, with all of the above, I decided to forfeit Christmas and give what I would have spent (tree, presents, etc...) to the Humane Society as a large donation, along with a big bag of toys. I already had Christmas all year long. 

Hey where's the poll results?  
    I was just curious what others bought. 
    Happy Holidays guys!!

Your post made me smile. :)
  • Reply 35 of 56
    I have a feeling the most popular gadget accessory this holiday is a power bank. So many things to charge! Argh...
  • Reply 36 of 56
    xbitxbit Posts: 390member
    None but I bought my mom a new iPhone.
  • Reply 37 of 56
    maxitmaxit Posts: 222member
    why the results are not available ?
    Is it a "secret" poll ??
  • Reply 38 of 56
    By the way, if there is actually a poll, it is not visible on the mobile site.
    jbdragon
  • Reply 39 of 56
    I used some of the money I got to buy a gently used, pre-loved Apple Watch Sport. Does that count?
  • Reply 40 of 56
    Nothing, but several extended family members got Fitbits. I wonder if we'll see an iPod nano/shuffle moment for Watch or if Apple will just be content to let Best Buy and Target discount it.

EDIT: I see the top free app on the App Store is Fitbit so it's pretty clear they had a good Christmas. Does Apple go after Fitbit or do they consider it too niche and just make Watch even more compelling/worth the price. In that 60 minutes interview Jony Ive said there was a "fabulous roadmap" so I'll be interested to see what that means for Watch.
    Are you admitting the iWatch is no doing as well Tim and Jony thought it would? Hum....