Rush Limbaugh Calls Apple "Stupid"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_071802/content/right.guest.html"; target="_blank">Click here</a> to read.
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 34
    tooltool Posts: 242member
    Read the whole thing and then explain why he called them stupid..
  • Reply 2 of 34
    ariari Posts: 126member
    The article's credibility comes into question right away in sentence no. 2 when Rush suggests that "The economy is not in a "downturn."" However, he does make a valid point that Apple should leave Steve's politics behind. I think employing Mr. Limbaugh in a "Switch" ad could only do Apple good. This ad could be part of a second wave of the campaign and include notable Apple users like Roger Ebert, Sinbad, etc. Apple could counter Rush's inclusion by also having an ad with a member of the political left. They have nothing to lose. This second wave, though, has be almost Dell-like in its omnipresence. Print. Online. Radio. TV. Everywhere. Just like Dell but sans annoying, nearly-mentally retarded teenager.



    Unless of course Apple could get him to do one of the ads...
  • Reply 3 of 34
    pushermanpusherman Posts: 410member
    So ... the reason why Apple has 5% market share is because they don't advertise on Rush Limbaugh's show?
  • Reply 4 of 34
    lemon bon bonlemon bon bon Posts: 2,383member
    No. The reason is that Apple DOESN'T have an omnipresent 'Dell like' presence on radio, print and t.v.



    They've got billions. They've got stores. They've got the OS. They've got the cool kit.



    They have products at most price points (could be cheaper re: kit...)



    So NOW is the time to throw some serious money at the 'Switch' campaign.



    Get the 'Dell Dude' in a therapy group or something...that'd make an entertaining ad' from my point of view...



    Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 5 of 34
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by Ari:

    <strong>The article's credibility comes into question right away in sentence no. 2 when Rush suggests that "The economy is not in a "downturn."" </strong><hr></blockquote>



    We're not in a downturn...
  • Reply 6 of 34
    cablecable Posts: 76member
    Rush is insane, Apple advertises in many Hollywood movies where you see a Mac in the background or some actor or actress has a Powerbook or iBook, also TV shows like "The Drew Carry Show" which get better ratings than Rush's show. Maybe Rush just hates that Jobs is a Democrat?
  • Reply 7 of 34
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Rush is a self-important air-bag. He likes to think that he has more influence than he actually does. He is truly delusional if he thinks he can single-handedly turn the fortunes around of any company. He may turn off more people than he attracts to the platform just because he's who he is. Apple is smart to avoid polarizing issues like Rush's bigoted show and he divisive views. I'm not surprised that he uses a Mac. (I never said he was stupid )
  • Reply 8 of 34
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    While the article by Rish wasn't very good, I don't think it is right for Jobs to blame all his companie's problems on the "terrible" ecomomy. First of all, the economy really isn't that bad. We are NOT in a recession. The recession only lasted for one quarter and the economy continues to grow right now. Apple was selling plenty of computers in the 80's so what the hell is Steve talking about? The truth about Apple's pro sales is that people don't want to spend $3000 on 1999's technology. Their highest volume desktop computer costs $1800, when the average computer is costing several hundred less. This is Apple's problem. Steve is just making excuses and it is sickening.
  • Reply 9 of 34
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    So I guess the fact the stock market is down in the low 8000 area compared to almost 11000 a few years back means the economy is on the up-swing?



    Please the economy is still screwed, and the more enron, wolrd com things that happen won't help. People are affraid to spend right now. Maybe not you or I, but there are millions affraid to spend 1500 to 3000 on a computer. That's just a fact.



    [ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: SQUÅSH ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 34
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    Let me just add....the pc market is sucking as much or more ass than the Mac market. Their sales are as bad or worse considering they have a much larger user base.
  • Reply 11 of 34
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by SQUÅSH:

    <strong>So I guess the fact the stock market is down in the low 8000 area compared to almost 11000 a few years back means the economy is on the up-swing?



    Please the economy is still screwed, and the more enron, wolrd com things that happen won't help. People are affraid to spend right now. Maybe not you or I, but there are millions affraid to spend 1500 to 3000 on a computer. That's just a fact.



    [ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: SQUÅSH ]</strong><hr></blockquote>



    The markets and the economy aren't exactly the same thing. While the markets are usually in indicator of what is going on in the economy, that is not exactly the case right now. I think the Dow should stabilize around the 8000 level which is where it should be. It went way too high in 1999 because of the .coms. It should never have gotten to 11000 and you are seeing it return to realistic levels. Also, confidence in big business is not so good right now so that is effecting the markets. But as for the economy being on an up-swing; if you are comparing it to the past couple of years, then no it is not so strong. But the facts are that the economy is still growing and therefore is is not as bad as everyone here makes it out to be.



    [ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: G4Dude ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 34




    <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" />
  • Reply 13 of 34
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    [quote]Originally posted by Artman @_@:

    <strong>



    <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> </strong><hr></blockquote>



    is this why they call you the Artman? <img src="graemlins/smokin.gif" border="0" alt="[Chilling]" />
  • Reply 14 of 34
    [quote]Originally posted by Nebagakid:

    <strong>



    is this why they call you the Artman? <img src="graemlins/smokin.gif" border="0" alt="[Chilling]" /> </strong><hr></blockquote>



    I say it with pictures so much better. Rush, Bush, Falwell and Jobs...all cartoons to me... <img src="graemlins/smokin.gif" border="0" alt="[Chilling]" />
  • Reply 15 of 34
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    So this Rush Limbaugh is the gay TeleTubby?
  • Reply 16 of 34
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    [quote] The markets and the economy aren't exactly the same thing. <hr></blockquote>



    You are right G4dude, but many people base money spending and depend on the market. Older and younger people have savings/401k's, and such in the market. Whether local economies are good or bad, the big picture is pretty sad.



    All I know is my accounts have lost about 50,000 or more in the last year and a half, so to me the economy still sooks. You can try to not include the market or say it's different, but it directly affects my feeling on spending or saving.



    We obviously look at economy through a different pair of glasses. I try to include what I consider the pulse of america(stock market) The statements by Job's are no different than probably 75% of the CEO's of larger corporations.
  • Reply 17 of 34
    blizaineblizaine Posts: 239member
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders:

    <strong>So this Rush Limbaugh is the gay TeleTubby?</strong><hr></blockquote>



    No, Steve is. It was the pink one that had a gay guys voice and a purse.





    (note: not that there is anything wrong with that life style)





    [quote]Originally posted by Lemon Bon Bon:



    <strong>No. The reason is that Apple DOESN'T have an omnipresent 'Dell like' presence on radio, print and t.v.

    They've got billions. They've got stores. They've got the OS. They've got the cool kit.



    They have products at most price points (could be cheaper re: kit...)



    So NOW is the time to throw some serious money at the 'Switch' campaign.



    Get the 'Dell Dude' in a therapy group or something...that'd make an entertaining ad' from my point of view...</strong><hr></blockquote>





    agreed 100%
  • Reply 18 of 34
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by SQUÅSH:

    <strong>

    You are right G4dude, but many people base money spending and depend on the market. Older and younger people have savings/401k's, and such in the market. Whether local economies are good or bad, the big picture is pretty sad.

    All I know is my accounts have lost about 50,000 or more in the last year and a half, so to me the economy still sooks. You can try to not include the market or say it's different, but it directly affects my feeling on spending or saving.

    We obviously look at economy through a different pair of glasses. I try to include what I consider the pulse of america(stock market) The statements by Job's are no different than probably 75% of the CEO's of larger corporations.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    I understand. I'm no happy camper either. I've lost several thousand in the markets in the last year too. I have not lost as much as you but it still hurts. But I was mainly trying to talk about Apple's situation. For Jobs to blame only the economy is absurd. "Pro" customers aren't buying because of mostly specs. Look at all the bisching about specs that goes on in these froums! Consumers are not buying more because of the economy but they are influenced by mhz too. And consumer sales are still relatively strong so that doesn't really matter anyway.
  • Reply 19 of 34
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    [quote]Originally posted by G4Dude:

    <strong>While the article by Rish wasn't very good, I don't think it is right for Jobs to blame all his companie's problems on the "terrible" ecomomy. First of all, the economy really isn't that bad. We are NOT in a recession. The recession only lasted for one quarter and the economy continues to grow right now. Apple was selling plenty of computers in the 80's so what the hell is Steve talking about? The truth about Apple's pro sales is that people don't want to spend $3000 on 1999's technology. Their highest volume desktop computer costs $1800, when the average computer is costing several hundred less. This is Apple's problem. Steve is just making excuses and it is sickening.</strong><hr></blockquote>No, you are wrong and Steve is right.



    There's no evidence that it's Apple's crummy specs that are causing people to stop buying computers - if that was the case, Apple would be slowing down more than other PC companies, and that's not what's happening. The PC industry has dramatically slowed in the past year or two - there's not a single Windows PC company aside from Dell that is profitable right now.



    The reason Apple was doing so well in earlier times is that the PC industry as a whole was seeing massive growth. That has stopped now.



    I don't think Jobs was talking about the economy as a whole (what does he care about housing starts, ferinstance?), he's talking about computer buying. They don't see computer buying picking up in the next 6-9 months. That's all he means.
  • Reply 20 of 34
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders:

    <strong>So this Rush Limbaugh is the gay TeleTubby?</strong><hr></blockquote>



    In my picture up there it's Falwell, Bush, Limpball and Jobs...really, who gives a good godamn what Limpball has to say? My nephew listens to him and he's become a bitter, angry young man. I don't need an idiot like Limpball, O'Reilly or some Hardball dumb**** to tell me what to do or believe...screw'em.
Sign In or Register to comment.