Apple's 'Project Titan' at crossroads, team in hiring freeze, source says

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 91
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    slurpy said:
    cnocbui said:
    I think this project just hit a patch of black ice, skidded off the road and plunged into a ravine.

Scratch that 'next big thing'

How about we do a TV guys?
    Yeah, a fucking TV would be a game-changer, right? Your comments are so trollish and predictable. All I've seen from you on this board is shitting on Apple and shilling for Samsung. This is an insanely complex project, just like previous things that Apple has done, and it's absolutely normal for the progress to have speed bumps and swerves. There isn't a manual for this shit. Maybe try creating something yourself, instead of shitting on others all the time.
    A TV could be a game-changer if it changed the game. That's what the iPhone did. Stop being so negative and defeatist.

I have and do created stuff myself, thanks.  Often I use a Mac to do the drawings on.  I posted a photo quite recently of the spherical carbon fibre speakers I made.  I've made several pieces of furniture to my own designs when I couldn't find quite what I wanted ready-made.  You need to lighten up a bit and maybe wonder to yourself if people are being deadly serious or not.  I wasn't.  That was a joke.

9 out of 10 times you post anything, it's to personally attack people, usually riddled with 4 letter words.  You really are a most unpleasant individual.
    edited January 2016
  • Reply 82 of 91
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    volcan said:
    cnocbui said:

I didn't say Apple should build their own - that would be stupid - get Hughes or whoever to make them to their specs.  The middlemen I was referring to are the cable companies.
    Apple doesn't pay the cable companies, consumers do. 
    Yes, I know.  If Apple could distribute content directly to consumers anywhere in the world, they would only have to negotiate with content creators and rights holders.  Consumers would be paying them.
  • Reply 83 of 91
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    I smell bullshit timely released to drive AAPL down before QR
    Agreed.  Rumors based on rumors about rumors leading to rumors!  This is what Solipsism refers to as a 'circle jerk'.  
    edited January 2016 palomine
  • Reply 84 of 91
    aaplguy said:
    maestro64 said:

At this point I am not sure how Apple would improve upon the user experience of driving. Personally I am not into self driving cars, self driving train that works for me. But driving a cars is a personal experience I enjoy doing. Today I take mostly back road driving to work which I a little longer but I enjoy the drive far better than taking the regular commute routes.

But automating the home is a far more complicated problems, not every home in the world is built the same way so their are so many problems to solve this will only complicated the solution. In a sense, it easy to build a car than automate most homes, The car you control all the systems in a home someone else over many years made decision about the control systems.

Yeah, if they want to do a car, I agree buy Tesla. The will be able to add the one thing Tesla is lacking (deep pockets) while the stick to their core competencies (software and devices). Tesla has manufacturing, stores, chargers and design in place. They also have a revenue stream in place. Apple has nothing right now. The problem with a failure in the auto space would not be just the money lost, but rather the taint of failure and the lost focus from the company. Better to have the Tesla division of Apple.
    Buying out Tesla would be the easiest and quickest way to knock off ALL of the competition. All means more than one can grasp. 
  • Reply 85 of 91
    jason98jason98 Posts: 768member
    clock07 said:
    aaplguy said:
    Yeah, if they want to do a car, I agree buy Tesla. The will be able to add the one thing Tesla is lacking (deep pockets) while the stick to their core competencies (software and devices). Tesla has manufacturing, stores, chargers and design in place. They also have a revenue stream in place. Apple has nothing right now. The problem with a failure in the auto space would not be just the money lost, but rather the taint of failure and the lost focus from the company. Better to have the Tesla division of Apple.
    Buying out Tesla would be the easiest and quickest way to knock off ALL of the competition. All means more than one can grasp. 
    I wonder what is an intersection of Tesla driver set and Apple customer set. Should be around (100% - Google employees)
    :smile: 
    edited January 2016
  • Reply 86 of 91
    jason98 said:
    clock07 said:
    I wonder what is an intersection of Tesla driver set and Apple customer set. Should be around (100% - Google employees)
    :smile: 
    Both Tesla & Apple are fully committed to delivering high customer satisfaction products and striving to diminish environmental impact to the minimum. Given their hi-tech level outperforming that of any renowned company anywhere in the world, think it's quite natural for them to cooperate and try to boost alternate charging energy, which we all know is pretty undeveloped and progressing at more than modest pace worldwide. Once this statement being established it just a matter of time when some Korean comp will team up wth Chinese and further advance electrification of transport. For the moment, the edge is on America's side and propelling it to a higher level is a must. Independent boards, such as Appleinsider, just make a small/huge contribution to the idea of sustainable environmentally friendly progress, through exchange of ideas of laymen and professionals as well. The whole world is grateful to America for having hosted Nikola Tesla, a Croatian man of Serbian origin, yet his work left unfinished. Now, in my opinion, the only two factors that could further develop his achievements are Apple & Tesla, that opportunity is not to be wasted. So, no more questions why Tesla and Apple, when others prove to be up to the task, may be welcomed.
  • Reply 87 of 91
    Building the Apple Car on a BMW i3 would be a great mistake. I have driven it, and its total utter crap. It handles like a pig on meth, and looks like one as well. God damn the car is shit.
  • Reply 88 of 91
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    xzu said:
    A Apple car is kinda silly. Car tech makes sense, buying Tesla.. maybe... Build a damn desktop computer and automate the home would be awesome.
    It makes even more sense to buy BMW. BMW is cheap at $60 Billion. It even makes a large profit which Tesla may never do. Apple likes profit. BMW already makes electric cars. And BMW can mass produce cars - Tesla cannot. Tesla' cars are flawed because it hasn't made cars for long. Tesla's bugs would drive perfectionistic Apple nuts  Apple can buy BMW with only 6 months of revenue. 
    Electric car is niche for BMW. Also... they make whole range of cars and motorbikes... bicycles... own Rolls Royce and Mini... airplane engines? Then, they take part in various racing... I really don't see Apple or anyone else buying into all that. BMW is "the ultimate driving machine"... Apple, a company that is premium but, eventually, primarily associated with premium electronic gadgets... I think that such ownership would harm BMW brand that is associated with premium machines and mechanical solutions in general.

Not to mention if foreign company would be allowed to purchase one of most recognized German brands..?

In my mind, it would be much better fit for Apple to go for already established electric brands like Tesla or Fisker Karma... or to purchase something funky like Smart and rebuild it into fully electrical, fully Apple-integrated car. But either way, brand that doesn't have dozens and dozens of products already on market.

With that being said... I guess many were thinking that it is silly for computer company such as old Apple was, to dive into MP3 players or even smartphones. So... everything is possible, I guess, even if not probable.
  • Reply 89 of 91
    The Future of Affordable Electric Vehicles? Could my Eco V Electric be the Solution for Apple? When EV’s start to move into mass markets, they will be simpler, lower priced, more reliable and more utilitarian. Today’s EV’s are very complicated, in part to justify their high prices. Lots of electronics which the average person has no need or interest in. I believe connected cars will take a much longer time to arrive because of the cost and liabilities involved. Autonomous vehicles exist today, they are called taxis or Uber. Some level of autonomous will develop but becoming affordable is another issue no one wants to talk about. Check out .Eco V Electric.com
  • Reply 90 of 91
    macartmacart Posts: 78member
    Anyone else notice the ford concept car in the rendering above is in "Zootopia?"