Apple Stores reportedly stall growth at top US shopping malls

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    red oak said:
    This guy is fu**** for calling Apple out this way.  At minimum, he broke confidentially agreements.  Worse, he really pissed off the Apple Execs

He is screwed 
    Agreed. Further if you dig deeper, the largest presence of Apple Stores in his Malls is Tx (5), next is GA (3), others sprinkled about the Mid West. I think that locations of the Stores has a lot to do with this sales, he should be looking at how Apple does in each Mall compared to other stores. In the strong markets such as CA, NY, FL, , MA, NJ, (combined total 5) Apple has higher profile stores and little to no presence is these "Malls" (BTW: A lot of their locations are hardly up scale.)
  • Reply 62 of 68
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,385member
    freerange said:
    tonester said:
    Better yet he should cancel Apple's leases so he can replace them with one of his preferred "high growth" tenants.  Then he won't have to remove Apple sales figures any more to make sense of his growth charts.  
    How does he know what Apple store sales are? I doubt apple is giving him those numbers... Any one know how these leases work?
    They are required to report to the malls as the malls take a percentage of sales for all tenants.
    Bingo.
  • Reply 63 of 68
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

So Apple comes into a mall and all the other retailer suffer, interesting. So people come in and spend all their money on Apple hardware and have nothing left to spend in other stores.

I think I figure out what this CEO issue is and why he had to make a point of him Mall with Apple stores saw a lesser increase in sales per sqft. He probably negotiate rents base on the average revenue per sqft, and Apple is driving his overall numbers down, and they can not negotiate a better deal with Apple since Apple would just leave his malls. He needs Apple, but hate that it is costing him money to have them there.

• Reply 64 of 68
    tmay said:
    life is a give and take..
    Apple pays her 25million salary with a 70 milion signing bonus.
    What did Apple get for that.. Us as customers and investors like  to know... At least i care to know what she has brought to the picture ? And hence "And we get ?"

I am not  investing in Bill Gates... And this is not a Bill Gates forum where we discuss his actions..
    But in an apple forum  in a thread discussing Apple stores for which Angela is responsible ..... I don't see why you find my comment/question  wrong at so many levels?

if we were discussing the acquisition  of Beats for 3 billion... Would it be wrong to debate if it was worth what apple paid for it.? 

She'a already made Apple's money back just in the successful Apple Watch launch, via her fashion connections, but she is at Apple to fine tune the brand via the retail shopping experience.

I recommend that you do a bit more research on her before you throw her to the wolves.
    Apple watch launch successful?  You must be kidding me..  It was the most disarrayed, unexciting, disastrous launch of any apple product. 
    Im am not throwing her at the wolves... Im a merely questiong her... I am well aware of her credentials  by the way.
  • Reply 65 of 68
    While I think this is bunk. Apple definitely generates a ton of foot traffic and it is always crowded, as a former Apple retail employee I must say that during my 5 year tenure they did everything they could to make the experience worse for the customer. 
  • Reply 66 of 68
    pigybank said:
    ...as a former Apple retail employee I must say that during my 5 year tenure they did everything they could to make the experience worse for the customer. 
    Huh? WTF does that mean?!
  • Reply 67 of 68
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    I noticed Apple Stores are in decline too.  Before Jobs died Apple Stores are offering various free classes.  The new Apple execs want to save money I think omitted the classes.  These are very narrow minded executives.  They can not see things.  The free classes attracted people especially new users.  They actually make money for Apple. 
  • Reply 68 of 68
    tzeshan said:
    I noticed Apple Stores are in decline too.  Before Jobs died Apple Stores are offering various free classes.  The new Apple execs want to save money I think omitted the classes.  These are very narrow minded executives.  They can not see things.  The free classes attracted people especially new users.  They actually make money for Apple. 
    What are you talking about? Apple offers free classes all the time.  What they got rid of was the one to one program. Of course Apple has more data than either you or I do on how much that program was being utilized.
    michael scrip