Post your desktop

Comments

• Reply 521 of 1795
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    c'mon mando!

give me a reason to change my desktop... no chavez needed here...
  • Reply 522 of 1795
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

I've been rotating the photo's Apple uses on their site, but have stopped and now I just use this one.

I's a shame that shot isn't from the other side.... then you could see the great big NO WAR grafitti
  • Reply 523 of 1795
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

Nice! Willing to share?

Sure.

http://homepage.mac.com/ryantann/.Public/sydney.jpg

Be warned, though, its 1600x1200, I think.
  • Reply 524 of 1795
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Thanks dude although I don't have a 1600x1200 pixels display.
  • Reply 525 of 1795
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

c'mon mando!

give me a reason to change my desktop... no chavez needed here...

Hey D, who is your hero (of Swiss origin)? About coming with a killer desktop for you, I'm still in the process of 'whatthehellamIgoingtonext' kinda of setting.

• Reply 526 of 1795
    ...just wondering, what do you think of this revise desktop:

• Reply 527 of 1795
    quaremquarem Posts: 254member
    Here is mine.

• Reply 528 of 1795
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by /mandolux/

It's excellent, mandolux! I just downloaded and installed it. Gotta love that dark-haired blue-eyed beauty. Off topic, how Swiss is your origin? (I'm 50 percent Swiss, the other half being French.) Maybe you should change your name to Mandolux, Original Swiss Formula, for marketing purposes.

Escher
  • Reply 529 of 1795
    Quote:

Hey D, who is your hero (of Swiss origin)? About coming with a killer desktop for you, I'm still in the process of 'whatthehellamIgoingtonext' kinda of setting.

Hero? That would be Wilhelm Tell. But I'm not really a 'big' fan of him, though what he did was great. Some Information about him:

http://www.picswiss.ch/hist-p2.html

http://www.infozentralschweiz.ch/wilhelmtell.htm

http://www.pauls.ch/bilder/tell.html

Quote:

looks great! did you draw it yourself, or did you have a picture? just asking...

Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Off topic, how Swiss is your origin? (I'm 50 percent Swiss, the other half being French.) Maybe you should change your name to Mandolux, Original Swiss Formula, for marketing purposes.

uhm, escher, I believe that I am that person with swiss origins... ahem..because his question was directed at me...
  • Reply 530 of 1795
    ...Wilhelm Tell is a story. I was asking for a real hero, an actual person that inspires you? If I'm not mistaken, Wilhelm Tell is the story where Wilhelm shoots an apple on top of his son's head.

...no swiss roots in my family.

...the desktop was inspired by an ad in a magazine.

...thank you so much for liking my desktop - any suggestions in how to improve it?

...It came with an installer? o_O -
  • Reply 531 of 1795
    seanmseanm Posts: 69member

\\m/ \\m/
  • Reply 532 of 1795
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member

gracias mando.

• Reply 533 of 1795
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

uhm, escher, I believe that I am that person with swiss origins... ahem..because his question was directed at me...

Defiant: I know that you are Swiss. I've never questioned that. But when mandolux asked "Hey D, who is your hero (of Swiss origin)?", I thought he was asking with a "Who's your daddy?" kind of tone. I expected the answer to the rhetorical question to be "Mandolux is my hero (or daddy, if you want)!", because he makes fantastic desktops for us.

Quote:

no swiss roots in my family.

That's what I thought. Your roots seem to be (much) further West and South from Switzerland. Read an explanation of my temporary confusion above.

Quote:

thank you so much for liking my desktop - any suggestions in how to improve it?

I prefer dark desktops (a) because the Dock shows better on a dark desktop and (b) because a dark desktop provides better contrast for usually bright white windows. Case in point, I used one of the desktops you made based on a picture of some ice, with horizontal black bands at the top and bottom, for many months. I've also switched back to a black background since this morning. Therfore, I think the image of the girl's face would benefit from a darker background.

Quote:

Originally posted by Xidius

It came with an installer? o_O

LOL. I enjoyed Xidius' rhetorical question as well. Didn't anybody else notice that Mandolux's desktops come with an installer? I must have been on crack. Just to avoid even the appearance of a misunderstanding, I obviously used the term "install" to indicate that I downloaded Mandolux's image and set it as my desktop in the System Preferences.

Escher
  • Reply 534 of 1795
    Quote:

Defiant: I know that you are Swiss. I've never questioned that. But when mandolux asked "Hey D, who is your hero (of Swiss origin)?", I thought he was asking with a "Who's your daddy?" kind of tone. I expected the answer to the rhetorical question to be "Mandolux is my hero (or daddy, if you want)!", because he makes fantastic desktops for us.

ahaaa!!! so häsch das gmeint gha...
  • Reply 535 of 1795
    Quote:

...Wilhelm Tell is a story. I was asking for a real hero, an actual person that inspires you? If I'm not mistaken, Wilhelm Tell is the story where Wilhelm shoots an apple on top of his son's head.

I'll look for one. You're not mistaken about the story.
  • Reply 536 of 1795
    Quote:

I don't think I would ever say something like that - I know I'm not that good.

Quote:

I prefer dark desktops (a) because the Dock shows better on a dark desktop and (b) because a dark desktop provides better contrast for usually bright white windows. Case in point, I used one of the desktops you made based on a picture of some ice, with horizontal black bands at the top and bottom, for many months. I've also switched back to a black background since this morning. Therfore, I think the image of the girl's face would benefit from a darker background.

So few people have told me this - I guess that's the reason I haven't done them like I used to (this wed, I'll be releasing a letterbox). Even though I started with letterboxes, really few people appreciate their beauty and dynamics when it comes to creating a link with the desktop and the person using it. Have you ever try to use a 1600x1200 letterbox and 'tile it' in a small desktop? (for example, in a 1024x768).

LOL. I enjoyed Xidius' rhetorical question as well. Didn't anybody else notice that Mandolux's desktops come with an installer? I must have been on crack. Just to avoid even the appearance of a misunderstanding, I obviously used the term "install" to indicate that I downloaded Mandolux's image and set it as my desktop in the System Preferences.

[/QUOTE]

• Reply 537 of 1795
    Quote:

Originally posted by serrano

[B]

...Wow.... Nice one, mandolux!
  • Reply 538 of 1795

One of my favorites from:

Dead Dreamer

Blueflame
  • Reply 539 of 1795
    Thank you.