Kanye swears his new album will never come to Apple Music or iTunes

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 92
    I'm sure I'll got stomped on, but I just want to point out that although Kanye may be fairly reprehensible, as an artist he is still at the top of his game. Just because you don't like his music doesn't make it "bad", it's just not your taste.

Solid or even rave reviews from Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, AV Club, Pitchfork, New York Times, etc. all attest to that.

Actually, everything said in Appleinsider forums is true. Even if it wasn't true, it becomes true, once said in an Appleinsider forum. Therefore, Kanye West is now a washed up, douchebag, who makes bad music. Fact. 
  • Reply 82 of 92
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    apple ][ said:
    Kanye West makes Martin Shkreli seem like a nice guy in comparison.
    That's not a fair comparison. Shkreli is an evil douchebag, while Kanye is just a douchebag.
  • Reply 83 of 92
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    rob55 said:
    koop said:
    No such thing as bad publicity guys. Everyone calling him names over the past couple days have achieved what he wanted which was that you're talking about his album and Tidal.

A co-worker and I have this debate all the time. She claims that the advertising worked because I was humming the jingle or because I became aware of the product. I claim that it failed because it didn't make go out and buy said product. Ditto here. We may be talking about the asshat's new album, or about Tidal, but I seriously doubt a single one of us would buy the album or sign up for Tidal just to listen to it. 
    Just because it didn't make you go out and buy the product doesn’t mean no one else did. 
  • Reply 84 of 92
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    I'm sure I'll got stomped on, but I just want to point out that although Kanye may be fairly reprehensible, as an artist he is still at the top of his game. Just because you don't like his music doesn't make it "bad", it's just not your taste.

Solid or even rave reviews from Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, AV Club, Pitchfork, New York Times, etc. all attest to that.

Actually, everything said in Appleinsider forums is true. Even if it wasn't true, it becomes true, once said in an Appleinsider forum. Therefore, Kanye West is now a washed up, douchebag, who makes bad music. Fact. 
    He's a megalomaniac douche regardless of his music; notice I didn't even say he had bad music.
    The fact is that there are other well regarded black artists that are not megalomaniacs and being a douche is not a selling point for many people
    People buy more than music when they become a real fan of an artist.

In a way, Trump and him make a great team of over the top ranters; though I'll admit he'd be a better president than Trump!, which isn't saying much I know... ;-).

Myself, I've loved some of his early stuff, but in general find him not to be my bag of tea as rap goes, i'm more into old school jazz influenced rap.

His repulsive in your face personality, he thinks he knows everything in all spheres, has tainted everything he does making it difficult to listen to whatever he does.
    edited February 2016
  • Reply 85 of 92
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
     :D

Love Kanye.  Guy sure knows how to push people's buttons. 
  • Reply 86 of 92
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

They're all irrelevant, as they're white publications and they shouldn't be writing about black music. I suggest that they all boycott Kanye in the future.
  • Reply 87 of 92
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,949member
    Oh and one other thing, leopard print?
  • Reply 88 of 92
    rob55 said:
    koop said:
    No such thing as bad publicity guys. Everyone calling him names over the past couple days have achieved what he wanted which was that you're talking about his album and Tidal.

A co-worker and I have this debate all the time. She claims that the advertising worked because I was humming the jingle or because I became aware of the product. I claim that it failed because it didn't make go out and buy said product. Ditto here. We may be talking about the asshat's new album, or about Tidal, but I seriously doubt a single one of us would buy the album or sign up for Tidal just to listen to it. 
    That's not quite correct. The fact that you and others are talking about it spreads the words to those beyond just the ones you are talking with about it. 

If no one hears about it, no one goes to find the product. But, if people do hear about it, there is always a percentage of them that do go download or even buy it, whether it is your friends or not (people do overhear conversations, and then start their own.)

Now, how successful that is? I don't have those numbers, but the effect is greater than 0. Therefore, your conversation directly or indirectly creates some infinitesimal level of demand. Multiply that by the number of conversations taking place, and you get real numbers. Many people have never heard of Tidal, but now some more have (I thought it was already dead, honestly) and some of these people will download it. Another percentage will subscribe.

Obviously, at some point, how good the product is will determine how much money it makes, but that's not what this level of marketing is about. He needs eyeballs on his product, and these conversations give them to him. It's all in the numbers.
  • Reply 89 of 92
    All 100+ American Idol hopefuls that made it to Hollywood week are greater than this moron....
  • Reply 90 of 92
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    edemerzel said:
    All 100+ American Idol hopefuls that made it to Hollywood week are greater than this moron....
    But he made it through the audition:

^ when you hear famous singers raw and unfiltered, it's obvious right away which ones are riding on something other than singing ability. Rappers aren't really singing anyway, they are just speaking lyrics and it's the accompanying soundtrack/beat that carries the song.

He has a lot of fans so his choice to restrict it to Tidal will help Tidal out somewhat but those fans aren't just Kanye fans and a few of them have decided to get his latest song elsewhere:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3452048/More-money-problems-Kanye-West-loses-10MILLION-sales-disastrous-roll-new-album-pirated-released-Tidal.html

Jay Z might have given him an upfront payout to make the exclusivity worthwhile though.
  • Reply 91 of 92
    He will repay all the Taxes if the Album come hit.