Your first computer ever???

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    An old 8086 with 1MB RAM and a 10MB hard drive. green screen only! I hated it and only used it for a few papers in uni. The guy who sold it to my dad said it was a 286 and we knew nothing about computers. Later I figured that out.

The next computer I had was the first computer I bought all myself... a gorgeous LC575 4/256.

What a machine that was. Gorgeous graphics and great for games, came with Claris Works for doing papers and the like. I loved that computer.

I think of that as my REAL first computer since the PC and I never bonded and I only used it out of necessity.
  • Reply 82 of 84
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Vic 20, with tape drive. Still have it in the attic at my parent's house. I could probably sell it on eBay, but then I wouldn't have it anymore.
  • Reply 83 of 84
    We got a Commodore 64 when I was about 8 but I wasnt impressed, so we got an Amiga 500, they were the Sh*t, man they rocked.

I got me a LC3 straight outta high school then moved on up to a kickin' 9500/150 Powermac when I was at University. It was fab, ran Protools like greased sh*t and totally blew my PC weenie friends away.

When I moved to the UK I found a 9600/G3500 which was great but I ditched that when I saw OSX.

Now I am a happy Pismo Powerbook and Cube owner.
  • Reply 84 of 84
    jpfjpf Posts: 167member
    Commodore Educator 64 ! and I still have it, I have it on display with my antiques, right next to a Burrough's Adding Machine - 1918, White Sewing Machine - 1894. It just looks great next to them.

Oh, man those were the days........