New iPhone 7 case rumor depicts thinner body, nearly flush camera

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45

Martin57 said:
    1) just how many lightning ports have you found to be very delicate? what does that even mean? ive never known a single person to complain about the port. 

2) casual buyers will not care about the shift from 3.5mm to lightning. because theyre casual, theyll use whatever solution is supplied in the box. 

3) apple doesnt rethink its long-calculated plans (whatever those may be) because of a post on a rumors site.
    By bad, I meant the lighting cables not the actual ports. 

Just stating an opinion, I don't expect Apple to change its plans based upon my opinions. Why would I? 

Anyway. Sorry I posted in the first place. 

-MAS
    This will also be my last post on this site. 

-MAS
  • Reply 42 of 45
    Martin57 said:

Martin57 said:
    By bad, I meant the lighting cables not the actual ports. 

Just stating an opinion, I don't expect Apple to change its plans based upon my opinions. Why would I? 

Anyway. Sorry I posted in the first place. 

-MAS
    This will also be my last post on this site. 

-MAS

I wouldn't take it personally. There's a lot of POS trolls on this site with no sense of personal integrity that like to bash Apple just because, or because they're being paid, or something. To be fair to those criticizing you, complaining about the cables themselves (when the port itself seems pretty sturdy and stable) seems like a pretty spurious claim. Why would the cables themselves be much different than any other cables? Maybe you can elaborate more on that. Personally, I haven't had any issues with the lightning port, and it wouldn't bother me a bit to have that double as the new audio jack.
    edited March 2016
  • Reply 43 of 45
    jason98 said:
    The case on this leak is depicted for the iPhone 7.  All rumors that I've read thus far claim that the dual-lens camera system is for the iPhone 7 Plus or possibly iPhone 7 Pro, which is a new addition to the iPhone Plus models. So there's still a good chance that we see that this year.

So what do you think is going to be a selling point of iPhone 7 (not Plus/Pro)? So far, starting from iPhone 4, Apple was always been able to throw in some sort of innovation or at least a noticeable improvement in every iPhone release:

iPhone 4 - retina display
    iPhone 4s - Siri, navigation
    iPhone 5 - 4" display
    iPhone 5s - touch id
    iPhone 6 - 4.5" display
    iPhone 6s - 3d touch
    iPhone 7 - ???

Good question! If not the dual lens cameras, then waterproofing or true wireless charging seems like the only big plays that would qualify as a keystone selling point, but those seem more likely to be slated for the 7s given recent rumors, and the fact that they can be implemented without any changes to the case design. Bezel shrinkage or home button removal seems very unlikely at this point. Perhaps a meaningful jump in battery life? Maybe dual/quad speakers at the top and bottom would be a significant enough change. What if there is no keystone feature? As a 6 owner it would be slightly annoying if there wasn't much meaningful change in the 7 from the 6s. And while that's only 'slightly annoying' for me, the media will be calling for another Apple Apocalypse, and sog will have to increase his meds ;)  

Of course there's always option B: I'm missing something.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    utter nonsense. (when did the haters and trolls take over AI too? what will be the next non-troll website?)

apple wouldnt redesign the case from the 6 to the 6s; the whole point of their two-year tick-tock design schedule is to reap some efficiency by not having to retool all their manufacturing equipment.

there is no complacency here -- just the world's leading products, admired by millions and millions and copied by nearly every other manufacturer. them's facts.
    Actually, it's your knee-jerk apologist mini rants that qualify as utterly nonsensical trolling. We are all Apple brand loyalists here, it's just that some of us wish to see the company improve and reclaim its ability to amaze, and others like you fawn to the point of grovelling subservience. Apple designs have gotten overly self confident and stale to an annoyingly boring degree. Don't want to admit it? Too bad. It's a fact your opinion won't change. 

The iPhone 6S is simply a solid device. Nothing more, nothing less. Speaking of 'tocks', the iPhone 5S was a better polished and refined tock (despite using a form factor that was already 3 years old). The Mac family is stuck in time in 2013. And I'm not sure if the TV and Watch delivered on their original promise. But that's another matter altogether.

I'm hoping to see Apple change the way we use electronics again, you know, "round pegs in the square holes" style -not "we shaved another 3mm off the iPhone this year".
    nonsense. I see new concern trolls with few posts show up every week. here's the facts -- Apple builds great products because those are the sort of gear they want to use, not because they're greedy money grubbers trying to pull the wool over as concern trolls and haters would have us believe. 

they em follow a systematic approach on case design - tick-tock. they don't change the case each year, so, claiming they should have and are lazy etc is just ignorant nonsense from a hater. 
  • Reply 45 of 45
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    ireland said:
    Or, you know, don't thin the phone.
    nonsensical bullshit. each iphone revision has gotten thinner while *increasing* battery life, or at the least keeping it the same. so thinning clearly isnt a problem. my 6s enjoys far better battery life today than my 3G did.
    Except the 6s is thicker than the 6.