Apple's iPhone shipments 'likely' to fall below 200M in 2016, insider says

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Apple needs to do something about India
  • Reply 42 of 47
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    On features his track record is okay: on NUMBERS?

Appallingly off.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    saltyzipsaltyzip Posts: 193member
    What is the big deal with dual cameras, my old HTC evo 3d had two rear facing cameras as does the HTC One M8 too. This analyst is crackers.

Are two cameras really better than one, I'm sure Apple will convince the hordes in a glossy presentation come September that it is so, but I bet in 2018 the iPhone 8 will be back to one.

• Reply 44 of 47
    saltyzipsaltyzip Posts: 193member
    asdasd said:
    Apple needs to do something about India
     I'm surprised Tim Cook cares, he has openly stated that he isn't interested in the junk market.

Perhaps as iPhone sales slow he is softening his stance.

I think Apple directly selling 2nd hand phones to India is a bit of an insult to be honest, just make a cheaper phone for the masses. If IOS is superior to android then it will sell based on this fact alone.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    saltyzip said:
    What is the big deal with dual cameras, my old HTC evo 3d had two rear facing cameras as does the HTC One M8 too. This analyst is crackers.

Are two cameras really better than one, I'm sure Apple will convince the hordes in a glossy presentation come September that it is so, but I bet in 2018 the iPhone 8 will be back to one.

This is not to do 3d so not even sure what the hell your talking about.
    There is a limit to the amount of light you can collect with one camera and on a small camera you can't have a zoom.
    There are two different uses for a 2 camera system right there.
    Also, Apple often implements correctly what others have botched, so again not sure what your getting at.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    elijahg said:
    Why does anyone listen to this idiot? He continually spouts crap that everyone listens to, even if it's proven completely wrong days later.

Good ol' Mikey was again asserting how good Ming is on the last podcast!
  • Reply 47 of 47
    Kuo is an outsider, not an insider. An insider would be a person who actually works at Apple and who has special knowledge.

Not if he has an account here. We are all Apple Insiders!