Apple hands out rainbow Apple Watch bands to commemorate LGBT Pride

14567810»

Comments

• Reply 181 of 182
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    Who’s the bigot?
    you. You have a viewpoint fair enough but your intransigence and total binary viewpoint of "i'm right and everyone else is wrong" is clearly showing who has the bigoted viewpoint.
    The mere fact that you think LGBT's need treatment because they have an error and can be treated, just so they can fit into your extremely narrow viewpoint. 
    I don't know how you can reconcile Tim Cook being able to lead Apple considering his "error" and obvious lack of treatment to correct it!

fastasleep
  • Reply 182 of 182
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    spice-boy said:
    walter77 said:
    Tim needs to keep his sexual anarchy politics out of Apple's business. I don't think Steve picked him for his sexuality or politics. 
    duh, Steve's picked the Apple logo with the rainbow design. 

Regarding the "rainbow" stripes in the old Apple logo:

CB: Do the colors represent the hippy culture, which was in fashion at the time?
    RJ: Partially it was a really big influence. Both Steve and I came from that place, but the real solid reason for the stripes was that the Apple II was the first home or personal computer that could reproduce images on the monitor in color. So it represents color bars on the screen. Also, it was an attempt to make the logo very accessible to everyone, especially to young people so that Steve could get them into schools.

CB: At the time most logos were single color or 2 color logos. Anybody fight against the color stripes?
    RJ: Steve liked the idea, because he liked things that were outside the box. And, it's not so revolutionary now, but it was a little different then. However I did get a lot of opposition from one of the higher account executives at agency. He was sort of working against me in the meeting where I presented the work to Steve. He made a comment that if this new company went ahead and produced stationery in all these colors they will go bankrupt before they start the business. That was kind of the attitude that I was facing from the agency. But Steve liked it right off. He's a pretty perceptive guy as we later learned and he liked the uniqueness of it as well. Also, I should add that the idea of a computer going into people's homes was a little bit threatening because up to then computers were for big businesses, who were highly technical and sensitive and all that stuff. Most of the personal computer products that were coming out at the time had very techno names. TRS-80 and things like that, so that's why the name Apple was so golden because it was basic and not technical and to go with that the colors were very important.

http://creativebits.org/interview/interview_rob_janoff_designer_apple_logo

edited June 2016 tallest skil