Florida man sues Apple for over $10B, claiming violation of 1992 'reading device' concept

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    I prefer mine from 1988... and no, not too embarrassed about the stylus - mine was the Pro version hahahaha...

cornchipradarthekat
  • Reply 42 of 54
    Go go gadget,
    cornchiphmm
  • Reply 43 of 54
    VisualSeedVisualSeed Posts: 217member
    At least the guy actually sketched out a device. Most trolls just have some dysfunctional flow chart and description that starts with " A system that..."
  • Reply 44 of 54
    VisualSeedVisualSeed Posts: 217member
    In 1986 I had a Psion organizer. This reminds me a lot of it, from what little I remember. 
  • Reply 45 of 54
    Big CBig C Posts: 2member
    I guess the real fool in this is the no win no fee lawyer who is probably behind this, knowing there is a good chance of a small (by Apples standards) early settlement. Apple should ask the courts for a funded security to be paid into court by the plaintiff, a small $2M should do it!
    icoco3
  • Reply 46 of 54
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Amazing, this is AppleInsider and when I Quote & Reply using my iPad I can't type outside the quoted text; can't get the insertion point to focus outside the blockquote tag.  Could someone at AppleInsider try using these forums on an iPad?  Very frustrating.

this is the reason you always see me adding 

-------

to separate my comments from the comment I'm responding to.  See Reply 31 in this thread.
    Sometimes it prevents adding text below the quote, it seems to do it more often after parts of the quote are deleted first. To get round this, tap on the "Toggle HTML View" button (</>) at the right of the editor buttons. Then you can type after the end block quotes. Just add a character and tap the button again to go back to normal view or it won't retain line breaks.
  • Reply 47 of 54
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,843moderator
    Marvin said:
    Amazing, this is AppleInsider and when I Quote & Reply using my iPad I can't type outside the quoted text; can't get the insertion point to focus outside the blockquote tag.  Could someone at AppleInsider try using these forums on an iPad?  Very frustrating.

this is the reason you always see me adding 

-------

to separate my comments from the comment I'm responding to.  See Reply 31 in this thread.
    Sometimes it prevents adding text below the quote, it seems to do it more often after parts of the quote are deleted first. To get round this, tap on the "Toggle HTML View" button (</>) at the right of the editor buttons. Then you can type after the end block quotes. Just add a character and tap the button again to go back to normal view or it won't retain line breaks.
    That hasn't always worked.  Usually it highlights [selects] the blockquote tag and I can't get it to unselect by tapping to its right.  But this time it worked, on your comment, because you apparently left a line break at the end of your comment, which shows up as a < br > tag.  It highlighted that when I tapped, and I just started typing this paragraph, not worried that it would replace the  < br > tag,   Most comments I reply to don't have one at the end.  

I've even tried inserting a new < div>  / < /div >  pair within the blockquote tag and inserting my comment between.  Nope.  No dice.  They are simply ignored on submission back to the server.  So, everyone kindly add a line break at the end of your comments so that Radar can quote & reply without having to go sit at the computer.  :-)
    edited June 2016 icoco3
  • Reply 48 of 54
    Wait!  Maybe AI is adding that < br > tag now. It's showing up on new comments that I quote and reply to. So cool if that's the case.
    edited June 2016
  • Reply 49 of 54
    ceek74ceek74 Posts: 324member
    Need. More. Lawyers.
  • Reply 50 of 54
    Apple should plead no contest and drop a trillion pennies on his house.

*feeling evil today* >:)
  • Reply 51 of 54
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Its absurd if this even gets to trial.

That said I am now drawing a "self-driving car" mockup on in my note book;  along with my "Wide Bodied Aircraft that travels 1-10% faster than today" patent I expect to be a billionaire eventually. 
    edited June 2016
  • Reply 52 of 54
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

[Newton pic]

Actually, the first thing I thought of was a Sharp Wizard OZ-7000.  At least it folded in half vertically, and had a touch screen, and a full keyboard...

Yep, that is exactly what I was thinking, I remember playing with one of those. Hell my Wife had Palm Trio which we bought a folding keyboard for when she traveled, made it easy to type long emails.
  • Reply 53 of 54
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Marvin said:
    That hasn't always worked.  Usually it highlights [selects] the blockquote tag and I can't get it to unselect by tapping to its right.  But this time it worked, on your comment, because you apparently left a line break at the end of your comment, which shows up as a < br > tag.  It highlighted that when I tapped, and I just started typing this paragraph, not worried that it would replace the  < br > tag,   Most comments I reply to don't have one at the end.  

I've even tried inserting a new < div>  / < /div >  pair within the blockquote tag and inserting my comment between.  Nope.  No dice.  They are simply ignored on submission back to the server.  So, everyone kindly add a line break at the end of your comments so that Radar can quote & reply without having to go sit at the computer.  :-)
    If that happens, long press to get the magnifier and let go then hit select and pull the right selector to the end, then tap the right selector and the cursor will be at the end. Two fingers on the iPad keyboard should let you move the cursor too, which would avoid having to use select.
  • Reply 54 of 54
    Well, we now know who the idiot lawyer is who is representing this guy.  Absolutely nobody.  He's representing himself in court, as reported by TheStreet today.