Apple adds 100 emoji to latest iOS 10 beta, promotes diversity and gender equality

Comments

• Reply 41 of 81
    waverboywaverboy Posts: 106member
    why- said:
    I don't understand what all the fuss is about. surprise! women can run, women can ride bikes, women can wear fedoras and look through magnifying glasses. stop pretending that these pixels on a screen somehow infringe on your rights of freedom
    DO you realize you're knocking down a straw man of your racist creation?  You hate anyone who thinks different of you so much you think nothing of calling them racist or sexist or denigrating them simply because they make an argument you can't understand?
    Oh give me a fucking break.  The gun emoji aside, anyone who has a problem with diverse emoji is pretty fucking transparent.
    williamlondonsingularitybaconstangRayz2016iosenthusiast
  • Reply 42 of 81
    waverboywaverboy Posts: 106member
    darkpaw said:
    Oh, is it because there's a rainbow flag in there? I see. You're annoyed that a chunk of the population who relate to that flag are now being included in your small world. Well, tough.
    I think it's hilarious how the leftist political correctness types are always the most racist, bigoted people you can find.   Every one of your comments is based on your PREJUDICE about other people, and really you're just here expressing your HATRED for people because they THINK DIFFERENT than you. 

FTR, I'm white, I'm queer, I'm female, and I think it's asinine that they replaced a gun with a water pistol.  

What do you think it is that I'm afraid of?   OR were you just making shit up about me because you're a HATEFUL LEFTIST BIGOT?

Yeah, I'll tell my girlfriend you think I'm a mysigynist.  She won't laugh because she's tired of you WHITE KNIGHTS herself. 
    Oh for fuck's sake.  Please tell me then, aside from the gun emoji switch, why would anyone have a problem with more diverse emoji?  You know, more women and people of color doing what actual women and people of color do, believe it or not?  And a rainbow flag?  Why could anyone possibly have a problem with that?  Go on, tell me.
    williamlondonsingularitybaconstangiosenthusiast
  • Reply 43 of 81
    Shame on you Apple. Replacing the gun with a squirt gun is clearly a shot at us gun owners. The battle over the 2nd Amendment is not only political but cultural. The goal is to make the idea of a gun so taboo that it gives people the power to shame you for wanting to even own one. In other words, you can't be a person of progress if you still believe in the 2nd Amendment.  Instead of teaching gun education they teach fear of the gun, to a generation of kids far removed from the idea and essence of what the 2nd Amendment is about. Thus,  they don't even question any attempts to destroy it. I guess all the knife and sword emojis are ok though. 
    edited August 2016 tallest skil
  • Reply 44 of 81
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 755member
    So they promote a thing that doesn’t exist. Got it.
    You sound fun.
    williamlondonbaconstangiosenthusiast
  • Reply 45 of 81
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
     :D :D :D

You're a real peach, you know?
    singularitycnocbuiwilliamlondondoozydozen
  • Reply 46 of 81
    why-why- Posts: 305member
    god I don't even know anymore
    you know its funny for a second u thought you actually believed the stuff you're saying :D I mean imagine that :D
    cnocbuidoozydozeniosenthusiast
  • Reply 47 of 81
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    can some get help for tallest, he's on another rantathon. 
    The lack of acceptance of differences and diversity is almost comical (yes i can see the irony here!)

edited August 2016 baconstangdoozydozeniosenthusiast
  • Reply 48 of 81
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,107member
    can some get help for tallest, he's on another rantathon. 
    The lack of acceptance of differences and diversity is almost comical (yes i can see the irony here!)

He talks of his society collapsing.   I think what's collapsing is his grip on reality.
    singularitydoozydozeniosenthusiast
  • Reply 49 of 81
    darkpaw said:
    Diversity exists, get over it.
    1. Not for long.
    2. The second amendment exists. Get over it.
    Not as well.
    You’re on the wrong side of history. Woe unto you when the ball drops.
    They do it better. The obligation of men is to protect and nurture women. This was always the case, because men are biologically superior to women. In turn, women traditionally performed the tasks not taken by men. Try living without technology sometime.
    I’m going to stop you right there.
    The quotation marks belong here:
    It’s mutilation, a violation of the hippocratic oath, and there is nothing to correct.
    This is complete fucking bullshit. And feminism has done absolutely nothing, ever, in its entire history. Technology–created predominantly by men–“liberated” women (and men). You’re welcome.
    Holy fucking shit, get a goddamn education.
    Do we get to write out the sins of the other races now? Because I tremble in anticipation of comparing the length of those lists.
    Congratulations for having the longest possible posting streak without any scientific evidence backing your retarded claims.
    And it’s terrifying that Apple’s own VPs hate this and yet still actively contribute to it.

WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

MINITRU MARK DOUBLEPLUSUNGOOD CRIMETHINK. MINILUV REMAKE GOODTHINK FULLWISE.

You don’t fucking “correct” a language.
    This ☪️ is not an emoji of peace. Get the fuck over it. You have no right to tell me what I can and cannot like.
    Nah, it’ll only do it more.

When people try to tell me how to talk, I get a little antsy. When people try to tell me how to think, I grab my water pistol and blow them the fuck away. The simplest thing is freedom of expression. Try to take it away and don’t be surprised at what happens to you.

It satisfies neither requirement for content (neither inflammatory nor inappropriate), and the “purpose of upsetting” is meaningless since fact has no purpose but to inform. No one cares if your feelings are hurt by fact.

Wow. You are a real peace of work. You undermine a culture of people and subjugate women with your nasty ideology. Indeed, I feel sorry for the impressionable people that are influenced by your emotional darkness. The sliver of our worldview shared here is incredible bleak and lacks any compassion, other than self preservation. Sigh.
    singularitybaconstangcrowleyiosenthusiast
  • Reply 50 of 81
    crowley said:
    Cute, but I've never seen a man give birth.
    And I’ve never seen human parthenogenesis. How about that. My point fucking stands.
    So because a male contributes half of the genes, yet nothing else in relation to child rearing, with the exception of support, males are superior still?
    You do not need to look at the sexes as one being better than the other. That ideology gets you nothing. Just misogyny.
    edited August 2016 cnocbuisingularitybaconstangcrowleyiosenthusiast
  • Reply 51 of 81
    crowley said:
    You're a real peach, you know?
    Have
    a
    fucking
    argument
    cowards.
    You hijacked this forum about emojis with your many forms of prejudice and bigotry, and you want commenters to play ball with you? Take your shit elsewhere, please. You'll find sympathetic ears over on at some obscure sub-Reddit page. Bye now...
    edited August 2016 why-baconstangcrowleyxbitcnocbuiiosenthusiast
  • Reply 52 of 81
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    repress this said:
    …yet nothing else in relation to child rearing…
    Yeah, you’d like that to be true, wouldn’t you.
    …males are superior…
    Yep, by measured results. That’s how these things work.
    You do not need to look at the sexes as one being better than the other.
    They’re certainly complimentary, but you revoke your right to discussion if you try to deny that which is objective.
    Just misogyny.
    lol misandry sure doesn’t exist lol
    You hijacked this forum about emojis
    Yep, that’s what it was about. /s
    prejudice
    Nope, repeating tested and proven scientific data.
    bigotry
    The only bigot is you, by definition of the word.
    you want commenters to play ball with you
    Nope. I want them to stop playing ball (stop acting like fucking children) and actually refute me if I’m wrong. I’m not, which is why they can’t. They don’t have a fucking thing to add. My statements of fact hurt their feelings and they lash out like the fucking intellectual toddlers that they are. If anyone had anything substantial to post, it would have been done immediately and in reply to my very first comment here. The truth of the matter is that men and women are not equal and never will be. Stop fucking deluding yourself with egalitarian bullshit. It’s hurting both sexes beyond repair.
    Take your shit elsewhere, please.
    Nah, gonna stay right here and continue to post fact. I don’t give a fuck how you feel about it as long as it’s true.
    crowley said:
    [I am incapable of reading the English language and feel obligated to inform everyone I meet of this fact]
    Yep.
    bestkeptsecret
  • Reply 53 of 81
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
     <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3 
    doozydozen
  • Reply 54 of 81
    The only bigot is you, by definition of the word....The truth of the matter is that men and women are not equal and never will be. Stop fucking deluding yourself with egalitarian bullshit. It’s hurting both sexes beyond repair.
    My whole person hurts from observing such mental gymnastics. It's like that one time I saw Zumanity in Las Vegas and the man swung his leg around himself backwards until his knee was hooked behind him and over his shoulder, fucking weird is all I can say.
    singularitydoozydozeniosenthusiast
  • Reply 55 of 81
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member

anome said:
    I'm amazed you think this was a waste of time. I'm guessing it didn't involve much effort at all, and builds a lot of goodwill in the community. It's a relatively small investment of resources. It's not like they had to take programmers or engineers away from making the next version of iOS or the new MacBook Pros to do it.
    Since you don't understand how software development works, you probably shouldn't comment on it.

Since you don't understand anything about me, you probably shouldn't comment on me.

Oh, and you seem to be having trouble with understanding bigotry, too.

williamlondondoozydozeniosenthusiast
  • Reply 56 of 81
    My whole person hurts from observing such mental gymnastics.
    Then stop believing in it, read any scientific paper on the subject (or just look at the olympics’ records), and stop repeating the bullshit that has destroyed nearly three generations now.
  • Reply 57 of 81
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    My whole person hurts from observing such mental gymnastics.
    Then stop believing in it, read any scientific paper on the subject (or just look at the olympics’ records), and stop repeating the bullshit that has destroyed nearly three generations now.
    Or you could stop the bullshit that's trying to destroy the next three generations
    williamlondondoozydozenanomebaconstangcnocbuiiosenthusiast
  • Reply 58 of 81
    repress this said:
    Take your shit elsewhere, please.
    Nah, gonna stay right here and continue to post fact. I don’t give a fuck how you feel about it as long as it’s true.
    Just curious, what is your point? How is all of your ramblings about preceived male superiority related to the diversification of Apple's emoji set?
    edited August 2016 iosenthusiast
  • Reply 59 of 81
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Keep up the great work, Tallest.

It may only be a small percentage of people that recognise the quality of your posts but intelligence has never been something practised or recognised by a majority.

;) 
    doozydozentallest skil
  • Reply 60 of 81
    Or you could stop the bullshit that's trying to destroy the next three generations
    You’re on the wrong side of history.
    Just curious, what is your point?
    Truth.
    perceived
    factual
    related
    Maybe read the title of the article? Just one iota of effort, at least. We could talk about squirt guns again, but that argument ends even more quickly than any about the lie of egalitarianism. I’d prefer to cover something that hasn’t already been soundly proven here.

Not a fucking one of you have even posed any of the statements claimed by the other side. It’s nigh impossible to destroy what hasn’t been built. Why is that? Too afraid? Or just “too confident in your success”? Antithetical, but whatever. All that has been posed is personal attacks. Not even a refutation of the statements I’ve made, never mind posting your beliefs (or your talking points).

I’d absolutely love to know why you’re afraid to engage. It’s certainly not because I’m wrong; you’d swarm like piranhas at that. Is it just because you don’t want me to be right? Truth has nothing to do with desire.
    bestkeptsecret