Biker burned by broken iPhone, seeks to raise battery danger awareness

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    jbdragon said:
    He may not be suing YET, but after he goes the Hospital Bill he will be!!!
    He probably has Medicare, so it probably won't be a fraction of the financial burden it would be in the US.

Medicare is Australian universal health care funded by a separate levy on income tax and is a wonderful thing.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    yes good - awareness is always  a good thing - HOW ABOUT MOTORBIKE DANGERS TOO? Hmm 
    How about people who walk and text a lot? They seem to bump into more things, fall and drop their phones. Dangers everywhere!
  • Reply 43 of 45
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    wizard69 said:
    Soli said:
    Are people really not aware that a device or component that stores energy can be damaged and release that energy in unfortunate ways
    Actually yes. People are incredibly stupid when it comes to stored energy of any type. We still get people blowing themselves up with gasoline and cutting up propane tanks with torches. Ive actually seen peoples eyes glaze over when trying to describe the safety issues associated with batteries. In a nut shell people are incredibly stupid and warning labels do nothing to stop them from doing things that are hazardous. In any event as Nobel at this mans efforts are to inform the populace he isn't likely to have a significant impact. Like I said people still light themselves on fire with gasoline even though everywhere you look there are warning labels about the dangers.
    Thanks for the reply, but my jaw dropped when you wrote, "We still get people blowing themselves up with gasoline and cutting up propane tanks with torches." I believe you, but it also seems so unfathomable to me.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Soli said:
    wizard69 said:
    Actually yes. People are incredibly stupid when it comes to stored energy of any type. We still get people blowing themselves up with gasoline and cutting up propane tanks with torches. Ive actually seen peoples eyes glaze over when trying to describe the safety issues associated with batteries. In a nut shell people are incredibly stupid and warning labels do nothing to stop them from doing things that are hazardous. In any event as Nobel at this mans efforts are to inform the populace he isn't likely to have a significant impact. Like I said people still light themselves on fire with gasoline even though everywhere you look there are warning labels about the dangers.
    Thanks for the reply, but my jaw dropped when you wrote, "We still get people blowing themselves up with gasoline and cutting up propane tanks with torches." I believe you, but it also seems so unfathomable to me.
    I guess you never saw this.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Gymkhana said:
    maestro64 said:
    mtbnut said:
    On a related note, I am raising awareness for when you close your car door on your hand by mistake, as you forget to move your hand out of the way before the door closes. Specifically, I want to target the driver's side door. I will soon launch a Kickstarter to raise funds for a national advertising campaign. 

It's a shame that politicians haven't supported me on this, as I have tried many times to garner the support of my local representatives at the state and federal levels. 

If you don't support me, you are for the menace that is present on every vehicle today: the slamming driver's side door of death. How many hands/fingers are we going to lose before we do something? 

Oh you missed out the politician bought into the need for every car to have backup camera at the cost of 100's dollars to consumers because people let their kids run around the driveway when someone backuping the car and ran over their kid and now everyone must have a camera because people did think this could happen.
    Backup cameras are pretty inexpensive, and regardless of whether it saves children or not, it will prevent countless minor fender benders and save vastly more in repair costs than the initial expense.  We are all victims of the weakest among us, especially cr@ppy drivers backing into stuff they can't see.

Actually it is not, the camera is cheap, but all the associated systems needed to make it work are not all that cheap. It add hundreds $ in cost to every car. I am sorry I am not interested in paying for something I see no value in and because people allowed their kids to run around their driveway while someone was driving a car. You do not need backup camera, all you need is to turn your head and look where are going. I personally find these kinds of devices distracting, I had rental car with all the crash avoidance systems, The seat rumbled, lights flashing in the dash and side mirrors. Even time these things happen and I was seeing light flashing in my peripheral vision and was spending more time trying to figure out what was happen and if I needed to do something verse just driving and using my standard vision and reactions.